[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, Gameslinx said:

I actually got permission from @Avera9eJoe to use Spectra's Kerbin scatterer atmosphere on Gaia!

Unfortunately spectra is for the stock planets and so it is not compatible with GPO (yet). I provide my own visuals for the stock planets to make up for this, though.

Wish my phone let me do @'s! A ping will have to do :D I'm all down for beautification. If there's anything in Spectra that you think might work well, feel free to use it. Only exception is Proot's textures since they're under a separate copyright.

I've been playing some of this mod, seeing something like Alternis Kerbol pulled me back into KSP for the first time since 1.0, over two years. It's been a blast playing a heavily modded career mode in the system, and I've not gone to another planet with a probe yet, just Kerbin's moons. I kind of want to write a silly after action report for the playthrough, but for now, I'm basking in the sights.

screenshot1598.png

Right, so I found a bit of a bug. @AmpCat reported it a while back, but it's not a stock bug, I don't think.

I was able to create it in a reliable manner, and I feel like, I'm obviously not an expert here, but I feel like it has to do with the game trying to save debris to a planetary body it doesn't understand. 

screenshot3184.png

Here's a capsule, that has detached a decoupler. In the top right it's kicked out an error for being unable to save properly. And when I go to try to change to the space center, I'm met with the same error.

screenshot3186.png

The error found in verbose logging is as follows.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[LaunchSite].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Vessel.get_LandedInStockLaunchSite () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FlightState..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.Updated (GameScenes startSceneOverride) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.Updated () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PauseMenu.<draw>m__7 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DialogGUIButton.OptionSelected () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DialogGUIButton.<Create>m__6 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

The only mods active were CTTP, Environmental Visual Enhancements, INSTANTIATOR, Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, SigmaSkyboxReplacements, and obviously, GPO. I updated every mod to the latest version I could possibly find.

When I removed only GPO, the decoupler was no issue after it was detached, and allowed me to recovery, or return to space center.

screenshot3189.png

I have not tried using the exact version of the mods linked in the github post for version 3.3.1, but I will look into trying that and see if anything changes.

15 minutes ago, Cooly568 said:

Follow up to the last post since the forums won't let me edit, yeah, I can't get GPO to load with the old linked versions of mods in the Github readme, updating Kopernicus allowed it to run, but with the same bug described above.

Are you running 1.3.1 or 1.4? I just tried the same as you did (Launch pod and decoupler, decouple, quicksave) in 1.4.3 and had no issue. Max persistent debris was 5000.

I'll need you to upload your whole KSP.log to a site like dropbox then link it here

Edited by Gameslinx

10 minutes ago, Cooly568 said:

Max Persistent Debris was 0 in this test, although I previously used 250 with identical results.

Since the decoupler is treated as Debris you must have a max persistent debris value of over 0 otherwise it is not saved

EDIT: You have MH installed. Can you try without MH?

Edited by Gameslinx

Well, huh, that did it. It's weird that Making History causes that issue.

Since I have parts in my save using Making History, I'll try to delete everything about Making History except the parts, and see if that does anything.

But, guess it is Making History though.

5 minutes ago, Cooly568 said:

Well, huh, that did it. It's weird that Making History causes that issue.

Since I have parts in my save using Making History, I'll try to delete everything about Making History except the parts, and see if that does anything.

But, guess it is Making History though.

I'm not sure how to fix it for MH, but it looks like a problem with the DLC itself more than anything else

Probably. Maybe it has to do with something on Kopernicus's side, who knows.

Had an interesting experience trying to get Making History to load without the node editor, and just be the parts, that, doesn't work.

Hello again gamelinx, i have a suggestion: could you make a seperate mod that keeps several planets from this pack such as the Olu'um system, the Gaian system, Nievis, Scorch, Sonus and Butai (and their moons) it would help to reduce the loading time and also the amount of textures loaded and will help people with bad computers get more from this mod by only having the best planets or alternatively could i delete the files of the planets i dont want to remove them?

Edited by JinxerH

29 minutes ago, JinxerH said:

Hello again gamelinx, i have a suggestion: could you make a seperate mod that keeps several planets from this pack such as the Olu'um system, the Gaian system, Nievis, Scorch, Sonus and Butai (and their moons) it would help to reduce the loading time and also the amount of textures loaded and will help people with bad computers get more from this mod by only having the best planets or alternatively could i delete the files of the planets i dont want to remove them?

I won't be releasing the planets separately.

You can remove the configs of the planets you don't want, but make sure to also edit the other cfgs that they are referenced in (such as visuals or moons)

I got the mod myself, I extracted it using winrar to my ksp gamedata folder, then I switched the version to 1.3.1. It has an entire different loading screen called "Hacking loading screens" with a bunch of kerbals seated before a picture of kerbin. However when I loaded the game, none of the new planets showed up. http://prntscr.com/jp9cm5, http://prntscr.com/jp9dgt, I'm missing out on the fun.

Edited by Viz0r

On 5/29/2018 at 11:44 PM, Alaygrounds said:

I liked the original Scorch more, now it just looks like Wasteland (from AK) without rings or a moon. :( Can you make an optional config that turns it back?

I mean, if you have an alternative, i'd love to see it as i worked hard on scorch and quite like it

Since I heard that you have experience, I'm quite interested in seeing if you could procure an alternative and live up to those words :)

Edited by Gameslinx