Gameslinx

[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Recommended Posts

Okay, while I wait for Kopernicus to get fixed, I really miss your sun flares and space background. I don't suppose there's a way I can throw those in my otherwise vanilla KSP game? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gameslinx I really love this mod. 

I'm playing career and I'm currently fixated on building rockets. However, I'm also a spaceplane kind of guy. While I can definitely make these the location of Gaia's Ksc at 3750 meters really adds towards difficulty in designing airbreathing spaceplanes which is what I'm after when building SSTO's.
The KSC location is absolutely gorgeous. However, it really limits some designs like interplanetary SSTO's or even SSTA's because I need a lot more engines to deliver the required thrust at launch in order to takeoff before the end of the runway. That means more rapiers = more dead weight in space = less juice to go to other distant places. 

Question: While I'm not entirely sure it's on your mind to do any further progress on this planet pack may I suggest you add a secondary KSC on a lower altitude? 

Furthermore, I like my engines to be realistically achievable, I don't like to change the config of any engine if it doesn't make sense. However, is there a mod that adds a concept engine that can deliver more stationary thrust at greater altitude that goes hypersonic? Would it make sense for a rapier to deliver more thrust at greater altitude if you could somehow give it more air to breath? If it can then changing it's thrust parameters is definitely a option. I already have some workaround using rocket thrust at launch to get up to speed. But that requires extra engines since rapiers need time to kick in after changing modes and ultimately the added weight for most interplanetary or SSTA designs really don't benefit from this once in orbit. 

Or just tell me how to SSTO from Gaia most efficiently.

Edited by Aeroboi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aeroboi said:

While I'm not entirely sure it's on your mind to do any further progress on this planet pack may I suggest you add a secondary KSC on a lower altitude? 

I'll see if I can get one working with Kerbal Konstructs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I'll see if I can get one working with Kerbal Konstructs

Thanks for considering this :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gameslinx KSP 1.4 stock allows for multiple launch sites. In the vanilla game, I like launching from the desert location a lot. Is there a possibility to just implement those alternative launch locations with GPO? The interface is pretty nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

@Gameslinx KSP 1.4 stock allows for multiple launch sites. In the vanilla game, I like launching from the desert location a lot. Is there a possibility to just implement those alternative launch locations with GPO? The interface is pretty nice.

They have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

@Gameslinx KSP 1.4 stock allows for multiple launch sites. In the vanilla game, I like launching from the desert location a lot. Is there a possibility to just implement those alternative launch locations with GPO? The interface is pretty nice.

Haven't seen it... If it requires the DLC, though, I aint supporting it. Squad don't deserve any more money from me, the way I see it.

If it doesn't, i'll give it a try when i'm free. If it does, i'll make it work with KK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

They have been.

I didn't see them working with GPO on 1.4.3, but I upgraded and would have to downgrade to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

I didn't see them working with GPO on 1.4.3, but I upgraded and would have to downgrade to try.

I use 1.4.3 and they work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AmpCat said:

I didn't see them working with GPO on 1.4.3, but I upgraded and would have to downgrade to try.

 

7 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

I use 1.4.3 and they work.

I've not done anything for multiple launch sites in GPO 1.4.3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't suppose there's a way I can snag your lens flare and star background while we wait on Kopernicus? :) They're so beautiful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

I don't suppose there's a way I can snag your lens flare and star background while we wait on Kopernicus? :) They're so beautiful!

You can, but you don't have permission to include them in any projects or for publishing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not a problem. Though, perhaps you could publish them as a small mod? Just a thought. I've tried a lot of them, and I think yours are the best I've seen.

I have no intention of using them other than for my own game. And even then, it's only when I can't otherwise use GPO. I tend to patch as soon as I can, because bugs fixes in KSP are often a bigger deal for me than having to do without some mods for a few weeks.

Edited by AmpCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

That's not a problem. Though, perhaps you could publish them as a small mod? Just a thought. I've tried a lot of them, and I think yours are the best I've seen.

I have no intention of using them other than for my own game. And even then, it's only when I can't otherwise use GPO. I tend to patch as soon as I can, because bugs fixes in KSP are often a bigger deal for me than having to do without some mods for a few weeks.

Download scatterer including its sunflares, then copy the sunflare textures from GPO/scatterer/config/sunflares/UrsaMinor/[chosen star] to your scatterer/config/sunflares/Sun, overwriting all files. Then replace the config with the one from gpo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

 

I've not done anything for multiple launch sites in GPO 1.4.3

Why do they work then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

@Anders Kerman I am so confused

 

 

uhm i was digging through the files cuz why not and i found some cool stuff and one of the things i found contained a message telling me to post meridian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gameslinx forgot his own easter egg. I found it to whilst deleting some files to decrease loading time but forgot to say anything about it

Edited by JinxerH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JinxerH said:

Gameslinx forgot his own easter egg. I found it to whilst deleting some files to decrease loading time but forgot to say anything about it

 

8 hours ago, Anders Kerman said:

uhm i was digging through the files cuz why not and i found some cool stuff and one of the things i found contained a message telling me to post meridian

I didn't forget.

The Meridian message is there for a reason :P

18 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Why do they work then?

They would be the stock launch sites. I haven't added any or adjusted any. I don't even know how to use them (does it require the expansion?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

 

I didn't forget.

The Meridian message is there for a reason :P

The plot thickens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

They would be the stock launch sites. I haven't added any or adjusted any. I don't even know how to use them (does it require the expansion?)

It does. Dessert launchsite isn’t in the desert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[WRN 15:41:20.605] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Olei'

i entered Olei's soi and the game crashed and i tried it multiple times and then i checked the logs and found this

am i just an idiot could someone please help me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Anders Kerman said:

[WRN 15:41:20.605] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Olei'

i entered Olei's soi and the game crashed and i tried it multiple times and then i checked the logs and found this

am i just an idiot could someone please help me

That happens and doesn't result in a crash. From memory, I'm not sure what causes it, but it is harmless. Send your KSP.log over and I'll take a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.