Gameslinx

[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

It does. Dessert launchsite isn’t in the desert.

In that case, I probably won't be supporting the launchpads for a bit. No money for squad, no way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

In that case, I probably won't be supporting the launchpads for a bit. No money for squad, no way.

Oh. Maybe make it work with Kerbal Konstructs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

In that case, I probably won't be supporting the launchpads for a bit. No money for squad, no way.

Kopernicus let’s you delete the expansion launch sites. Look at Gaels cfg in GPP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

They would be the stock launch sites. I haven't added any or adjusted any. I don't even know how to use them (does it require the expansion?)

Two alternative launch sites have been added - the Woomerang Launch Site and the Desert Launch Site (and Air Field).  I believe both require the DLC.

The location of neither site can be edited, so you're pretty much stuck with wherever they end up.  The Woomerang launch pad at least snaps to the terrain, so elevation isn't really a problem.  In GEP Woomerang ended up in the water, so I had to create an island for it.  The desert site is more problematic because its elevation and map decal can't be changed.  In both GPP and GEP it ended up in really inconvenient places and looked hideous (the map decal is enormous and looks like crap if ends up being anywhere other than on a large plain).  There was just no way to fix it, so Thomas P. added an option to Kopernicus to allow us to remove it.  Since you're not supporting the DLC, I assume you'll want to remove the Woomerang site as well.  The code to remove both sites is:

@Kopernicus
{
	removeLaunchSites = Desert_Launch_Site, Desert_Airfield, Woomerang_Launch_Site

If you wanted to, you could probably keep the Woomerang site even though you don't have the DLC.  You'd just need to place a map decal for it, then it should work for those who have the DLC.  I just used the KSC map decal and made it fit the site.  You could probably use the same code and just change the absoluteOffset to make the decal match the elevation and contours of your terrain.  Here's the code if you want to use it:

				MapDecal
				{
					name = Woomerang
					absolute = True
					absoluteOffset = 120	// change this to fit your terrain
					angle = 296
					cullBlack = False
					DEBUG_HighlightInclusion = False
					heightMap = BUILTIN/ksc_decal_heightMap
					heightMapDeformity = 15
					position = -0.5066573187, 0.7109222286, 0.4877375793
					removeScatter = True
					radius = 700
					useAlphaHeightSmoothing = True
					order = 170
					enabled = True
					index = 0
				}

 

Edited by OhioBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 4:50 AM, A Rabid Dingo said:

The newest update -is- up on CKAN (v.3.4.0), but it's listed as not being compatible with 1.4.3, so I guess you forgot to update a definition somewhere?

@Gameslinx I have experienced a similar issue, having installed manually on a fresh 1.4.3 version. During loading a new save, the mod indicates that 1.4.3 is unsupported, and that I should use 1.3.1. Used the exact links in the installation readme to get your preferred versions of the dependent mods, have installed and played GPP and Before Kerbin in the past. I'm 95% percent sure I installed things correctly. My Gamedata

Any ideas on what might be going on? Sorry to send you my mess :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gameslinx, it appears that deleting the launch sites as previously discussed is producing a bug (see the GPP thread for more info).  So unless the problem can be rectified, I recommend not deleting launch sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Duncan3601 said:

@Gameslinx I have experienced a similar issue, having installed manually on a fresh 1.4.3 version. During loading a new save, the mod indicates that 1.4.3 is unsupported, and that I should use 1.3.1. Used the exact links in the installation readme to get your preferred versions of the dependent mods, have installed and played GPP and Before Kerbin in the past. I'm 95% percent sure I installed things correctly. My Gamedata

Any ideas on what might be going on? Sorry to send you my mess :/

You've done nothing wrong. I think I made a mistake with ksp-avc in the release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This question has probably been answered already, but is anyone else having issues with huge texture-based lag whenever you get close to a planetary body that isn't Gaia? (Oddly enough, I've had no real issues with Gaia, and my computer can handle the clouds just fine.) I get a very noticeable framerate drop whenever I look at Gol or Olei from within a few hundred kilometers of the surface. Didn't have this problem in earlier versions (am running the 1.4.3 version).

Edited by EmberTech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have noticed a VERYSTRANGEGLITCH that really does not make sense. The orbit lines of all the planets shift this way ---> when i zoom out. they go back to normal when i zoom back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EmberTech said:

This question has probably been answered already, but is anyone else having issues with huge texture-based lag whenever you get close to a planetary body that isn't Gaia? (Oddly enough, I've had no real issues with Gaia, and my computer can handle the clouds just fine.) I get a very noticeable framerate drop whenever I look at Gol or Olei from within a few hundred kilometers of the surface. Didn't have this problem in earlier versions (am running the 1.4.3 version).

Hmm when I next pick up KSP again i'll remember to check this out as someone else has mentioned it before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Minmus Derp said:

I have noticed a VERYSTRANGEGLITCH that really does not make sense. The orbit lines of all the planets shift this way ---> when i zoom out. they go back to normal when i zoom back in.

Is it unique to GPO? Or does this happen for other planet mods, too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Is it unique to GPO? Or does this happen for other planet mods, too?

Other planet planet mods don’t even add planets.

so just GPO and stock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2018 at 2:52 AM, Gameslinx said:

Download scatterer including its sunflares, then copy the sunflare textures from GPO/scatterer/config/sunflares/UrsaMinor/[chosen star] to your scatterer/config/sunflares/Sun, overwriting all files. Then replace the config with the one from gpo.

Finally got this working. You should release this as it's own mod. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Other planet planet mods don’t even add planets.

so just GPO and stock

Since you have other planet mods installed and they are not working, your KSP install is extremely unstable. I don't have this problem myself. I think it's to do with your install alone

If anyone else does, ping me.

5 hours ago, AmpCat said:

Finally got this working. You should release this as it's own mod. :)

I don't think I'm going to separate assets from my mods and release them as their own mods. Besides, @JadeOfMaar did most of the work on the sunflare and he has his own awesome collection of them "Sunflares of Maar" :)

Edited by Gameslinx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Since you have other planet mods installed and they are not working, your KSP install is extremely unstable. I don't have this problem myself. I think it's to do with your install alone

If anyone else does, ping me.

Actually, since other mods don’t work, I uninstalled them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I don't think I'm going to separate assets from my mods and release them as their own mods. Besides, @JadeOfMaar did most of the work on the sunflare and he has his own awesome collection of them "Sunflares of Maar" :)

Okay, fair point. You win this round! Though, I'm equally impressed with the skybox.

Edited by AmpCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was just looking through conIfig files for plaNets And I founD it very Interesting, a lot of easteR eggs, thanks vEry Much

 

Hope you get it @Gameslinx :kiss:

Edited by Raptor42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Raptor42 said:

i was just looking through conIfig files for plaNets And I founD it very Interesting, a lot of easteR eggs, thanks vEry Much

 

Hope you get it @Gameslinx :kiss:

I put a lot of easter eggs in my configs, and a lot of easter eggs in the mod itself

Also you're spelling meridian backwards by capitalising letters, so yes I get it :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if there is any other lore for Veronica ship other than it just crash landed on Niebos.

Also in my savefile I have KSC view camera way above KSC (like kilometer or so), is there a way to fix it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Raptor42 said:

I was wondering if there is any other lore for Veronica ship other than it just crash landed on Niebos.

Also in my savefile I have KSC view camera way above KSC (like kilometer or so), is there a way to fix it?

No other lore unless you find the message in the audio logs in the mod files

And your camera is above KSC like that because you might have Kerbal konstructs installed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

And your camera is above KSC like that because you might have Kerbal konstructs installed

Thanks, that might be the case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an issue with a solid white ring/disk around Gaia. I got the 1.4.3 version installed, with 1.4.3 Kopernicus, and afaik I got all the other dependencies installed with the right version.

I couldn't find anyone else asking for help with this in recent posts, so I figured I'd ask.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I discovered what the problem was that was causing the solid white ring around Gaia.

In the most rescently released version I got from the GitHub, 3.4.0, in the "GPO/config/Gaia.cfg" file, on line 116...

it says...

                texture = GPO/PluginData/Gaia_ring.png

and should be changed to...

                texture = GPO/PluginData/Gaia_Ring.png

 

The R needs to be capitalized.

 

Now everything look nice and pretty. I'll make a commit on the GitHub.

Edited by Chase842

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What software do you use to edit .dds files of planets?

On 7/21/2018 at 5:17 PM, Gameslinx said:

No other lore unless you find the message in the audio logs in the mod files

Sooo...there is a hidden message encrypted in audio files?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i found 3 audio files in, believe it or not, the logs folder but unfortunately i dont know the audio type, it seems like morse code but i honestly have no idea. VER-log1 is 4 seconds long, VER-log2 is 28 seconds and VER-log3 is 27 seconds but im probably on about something completely different, but if i am on the right tracks could Gameslinx give me a nudge ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.