[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

2 hours ago, 7thDragonii said:

I search in that file but nothing found, my "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" are turned on, still nothing.

You must run the game in x64 bit, or your permissions don't allow the log to be created - or you disabled logging.

Edited by Gameslinx

2 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

You must run the game in x64 bit, or your permissions don't allow the log to be created - or you disabled logging.

Yes, I do. but I don't know why there's not that file. Is strange

4 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Oh I see, I think I know why

26 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

It told me to explorer Olu'um right after the orbit Gaia contract

What version of GPO are you playing on?

2 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Are there any KSPI-E resource config for those planets.

If so I would glad to try this mod

You mean like Karbonundum, Methane, Nitrogen, LiquidCO2 and that lot, then yes!

( @JadeOfMaar for clarification )

4 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

What version of GPO are you playing on?

You mean like Karbonundum, Methane, Nitrogen, LiquidCO2 and that lot, then yes!

( @JadeOfMaar for clarification )

Im playing with lastest version.

And KSPI resource I mean the Atmosphere data like 21% oxygen 70% nitrogen 1% Argon 15ppm hydrogen

I feel like GPO lack some real challenge, something like:

-planets with extremely high gravity(an 8.0g metal planet with >15k escape velocity will do)

-close to the sun, with extremely high temperature atmosphere(1000k or more, like WASP-12b)

-planets with extremely high atm pressure(like Venus)

-planets that really far away from the sun and inclinated(which will bring some challenge on life support)

And

!:There are too many kerbin-like planets, some of them are not even in Goldilocks zone, however they have the same temperature as Gaia.

The view is nice tho

I don't think a planet that close to the sun could support an atmoshphere (Please correct me if I'm wrong). I say that becuase the mod creator likes to keep the mod at least somewhat realistic. As for the goldilocks zone problem, some planets are close to hot planets/gas giants. This might not be super realistic, but it's fun to think that it might work. :) Now, a planet like Venus would be awesome, but there are limitations within KSP that prevents planets like this.

Also, In my opinion there are already a lot of outer planets that I would assume are very hard to get to with life support mods. Have you tried to get to one with life support yet? Plus the mod author would like to keep the mod as stock friendly as possible, as in no super far away planets that would need something like "advanced nuclear engnes" or something like that to get to.

26 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I feel like GPO lack some real challenge, something like:

-planets with extremely high gravity(an 8.0g metal planet with >15k escape velocity will do)

-close to the sun, with extremely high temperature atmosphere(1000k or more, like WASP-12b)

-planets with extremely high atm pressure(like Venus)

-planets that really far away from the sun and inclinated(which will bring some challenge on life support)

And

!:There are too many kerbin-like planets, some of them are not even in Goldilocks zone, however they have the same temperature as Gaia.

The view is nice tho

Edited by PixelStory2

2 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

I don't think a planet that close to the sun could support an atmoshphere (Please correct me if I'm wrong). I say that becuase the mod creator likes to keep the mod at least somewhat realistic. As for the not goldilocks zone problem, some planets are close to hot planets/gas giants. This might not be super realistic, but it's fun to think that it might work. :) Now, a planet like Venus would be awesome, but there are limitations within KSP that prevents planets like this.

Also, In my opinion there are already a lot of outer planets that I would assume are very hard to get to with life support mods. Have you tried to get to one with life support yet? Plus the mod author would like to keep the mod as stock friendly as possible, as in no super far away planets that would need something like "advanced nuclear engnes" or something like that.

Actually there are hot gas giants extremely close to their star in real life.

In this mod Sonus has an orbit between Duna and Dres and has no  hot planets/gas giants nearby, yet it's warm even have Lqd water.

There's no limitations within KSP that prevents planets like Venus. Check Venus in RSS mod.

There are indeed planty of outer planets in GPO, but they are easy to land and take off just like Eeloo. Unlike that Titanus in New Horizon mod.

And I really want some challenge on some extreme gravity condition, 5g!! 10g !! even better

And, bug report:

My ship will slightly shift position when using time warp on sub-orbit of Olei

@Gameslinx has taken some creative liberties while creating this mod, and has done a great job. He has said himself his goal wasn't an uber realistic experience, but a somewhat whimsical, fantastical one, and I think he has nailed it. Could it be more challenging? Sure, but that's ultimately up to the creator. Those are all good suggestions though. I'm all for a challenge, as the stock game has virtually none...so long as it doesn't break current careers. Gravity, SMA, temperature, atmospheres, and inclinations can all be adjusted without breaking anything. 

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

There are indeed planty of outer planets in GPO, but they are easy to land and take off just like Eeloo. Unlike that Titanus in New Horizon mod.

x1i7tdE.gif

It's not likely to reach past 0.4 Gs out there. It's mainly moons, moonlets and small asteroids. You're lucky that Thelai has a large gravity.

Now if you want a challenge - go land on Fume and return safely.

The reason I don't add high gravity or 'extreme' planets is to cater for newer players who just want to explore. There's an entire planet pack dedicated to challenges.

Any fix for ships slightly shift position when using time warp on sub-orbit of Olei

Seems like a bug

And my comsat on LGO 200*200km suddenly comes up with a orbit of high Ecc, i have not moved it

Edited by Iso-Polaris

9 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

x1i7tdE.gif

It's not likely to reach past 0.4 Gs out there. It's mainly moons, moonlets and small asteroids. You're lucky that Thelai has a large gravity.

Now if you want a challenge - go land on Fume and return safely.

The reason I don't add high gravity or 'extreme' planets is to cater for newer players who just want to explore. There's an entire planet pack dedicated to challenges.

I am thinking one of those kerbin-like planet could be a super-earth with relatively high gravity and bigger. After all there are lots of super-earth in the known universe.

I believe it won't break the exploration gameplay ,while improving the challenge for those who up for it

2 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I am thinking one of those kerbin-like planet could be a super-earth with relatively high gravity and bigger. After all there are lots of super-earth in the known universe.

I believe it won't break the exploration gameplay ,while improving the challenge for those who up for it

Still, a 10G planet within such a dense solar system would be insane considering all other bodies are under 2Gs

Here's a small list of difficulties:

Sonus - 1.3G, Kerbin Atmosphere
Fume - Very thick atmosphere, high gravity
Telos - Air too thin for jets, but too thick for drag
Vulcan - Getting a good landing spot which won't burn you up

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

Still, a 10G planet within such a dense solar system would be insane considering all other bodies are under 2Gs

Here's a small list of difficulties:

Sonus - 1.3G, Kerbin Atmosphere
Fume - Very thick atmosphere, high gravity
Telos - Air too thin for jets, but too thick for drag
Vulcan - Getting a good landing spot which won't burn you up

Well, i'll try them later.

Whats up with that Olei sub-orbit bug

1 hour ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Whats up with that Olei sub-orbit bug

if you used the set orbit cheat or decided to use 'Hyper Edit' to edit your craft's orbit around Olei, this bug will happen since the planet doesn't properly load

Gameslinx, this is the first planet pack I've ever installed, and what an awesome job you did!  Can't wait to explore them all, and thanks for all the atmospheres! Makes for a much more fun adventure, when you can fly Karbonite-powered planes thorough the soup! :)

6 hours ago, Voculus said:

Gameslinx, this is the first planet pack I've ever installed, and what an awesome job you did!  Can't wait to explore them all, and thanks for all the atmospheres! Makes for a much more fun adventure, when you can fly Karbonite-powered planes thorough the soup! :)

Thank you very much :D I hope you have fun :)

Hi, I am wondering how to disable the lens flare on your mod, I don't really enjoy the default lens flare modified. :)

Also, this planetpack is the best one I've ever seen, through my years of being on KSP. The planets are quite realistic, I love Olu'um's ignition and the fact you even changed Kerbin to a beautiful, blue planet with large, gorgeous rings.

Edited by BigKerbBarnes
Compliment, good mod.