[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

42 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

The Solar panal tracking Olu'um instead of Sun problem is KILLING ME.

How to fix that

You can't fix it per se, but a workaround might be to use something like Tweakable Everything to disable solar panel tracking (and then manually orient your spacecraft so the panels are facing the right way). You still won't get automatic tracking, but at least the panels won't be actively fighting you.

2 hours ago, BigKerbBarnes said:

Hi, I am wondering how to disable the lens flare on your mod, I don't really enjoy the default lens flare modified. :)

Also, this planetpack is the best one I've ever seen, through my years of being on KSP. The planets are quite realistic, I love Olu'um's ignition and the fact you even changed Kerbin to a beautiful, blue planet with large, gorgeous rings.

Thank you very much, really appreciate it man!

27 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I've noticed GPP has 2 stars as well,is there a similar problem?

I've been ninja's by Galileo, but yeah...

I wish there's a simple "mainSunBody = Olu'um" which I can just change for the respective planets. Or "influence SOI" for 'range that stuff tracks Olu'um'

I've wrote some GPO body radiation definitions for kerbalism @ShotgunNinja     @Gameslinx

RadiationBody:NEEDS[Olei]
{
  name = Scorch
  radiation_model = ionosphere
  radiation_pause = -0.003
}

{
  name = Niebos
  radiation_model = earth                     
  radiation_inner = 8.0                      
  radiation_outer = 1.5                       
  radiation_pause = -0.008                    
}

{
  name = Dreidos
  radiation_model = irregular
  radiation_pause = -0.004
}

{
  name = Sonus
  radiation_model = earth                     
  radiation_inner = 15.0                      
  radiation_outer = 3.5                       
  radiation_pause = -0.012                    
}

{
  name = Butai
  radiation_pause = -0.004
}

{
  name = Olu'um
  radiation_model = giant
  radiation_inner = 1000.0
  radiation_outer = 25.0
  radiation_pause = -0.050
}

{
  name = Telos
  radiation_model = earth                     
  radiation_inner = 6.0                      
  radiation_outer = 1.2                       
  radiation_pause = -0.006                    
}

{
  name = Volux
  radiation_model = irregular
  radiation_pause = -0.005
}

{
  name = Sheathe
  radiation_model = anomaly
  radiation_pause = -0.008
}

{
  name = Fume
  radiation_pause = -0.004
}

{
  name = Vulcan
  radiation_model = surface
  radiation_pause = 0.075                   
}

{
  name = Quarta
  radiation_pause = -0.007
}

{
  name = Quarta
  radiation_pause = -0.007
}

{
  name = Flak
  radiation_pause = -0.005
}

{
  name = Flake
  radiation_pause = -0.004
}

{
  name = Thelai
  radiation_model = metallic
  radiation_inner = 2.0
  radiation_pause = -0.010
}

Time to add Kerbalism support :)

Edited by Iso-Polaris

Victory!  After some careful renaming of texture files, I've managed to get this up and running in Linux.  Still a bit too much lag for my potato laptop to run EVE and scatterer, but the base mod is working finally!

4 hours ago, Jetski said:

Victory!  After some careful renaming of texture files, I've managed to get this up and running in Linux.  Still a bit too much lag for my potato laptop to run EVE and scatterer, but the base mod is working finally!

Oh nice! Was it just capitalisation, or was there other stuff at play? I'm halfway through sorting this out myself and I hope I completely eliminate the problems. I was working on releasing Before Kerbin, which is why I've been slooooow

15 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

NEEDS[Olei]

NEEDS[GPO]

Olei isn't a module!

NVnA7hR.png

Needed a bunch of capitalization on the .dds textures in both Olei and Olei-Gaia.  What was getting me was that maybe 4 show up first time I run in KSP.log.  I rename the files, then run KSP.  3 more show up, fix and run again, Finally 2-3 more PNG files renames, and she's up and running!

Still have the graphics bug where yellow lines appear, but changing any graphics setting and hitting Apply fix that.  Also tons of lag until I removed EVE and scatterer.  EVE is throwing a bunch of errors.  But it's running!  I've explored Gol/Nightmare, I'm sending a probe to Scorch, and preparing to suicide land a probe in Gol's magma crater with a thermometer running to get a feel for the temperatures there.

Edited by Jetski

3 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Oh nice! Was it just capitalisation, or was there other stuff at play? I'm halfway through sorting this out myself and I hope I completely eliminate the problems. I was working on releasing Before Kerbin, which is why I've been slooooow

NEEDS[GPO]

Olei isn't a module!

As far as anyone is concerned right now, Olei is the proper value to insert into the NEEDS tags. Change it yourself when you integrate the config. :sticktongue: By the way, I have a related config for you to include. I have not tested it but here it is.

@PLANETARY_RESOURCE,*:HAS[#ResourceName[LqdAmmonia]]:NEEDS[Kerbalism]:AFTER[Kerbalism]
{
	@ResourceName = Ammonia
}
@BIOME_RESOURCE,*:HAS[#ResourceName[LqdAmmonia]]:NEEDS[Kerbalism]:AFTER[Kerbalism]
{
	@ResourceName = Ammonia
}

I'd like you @Iso-Polaris to try this out and confirm you can scoop Ammonia. GPO already has a bunch of LqdAmmonia configs.

1 minute ago, i like pizza said:

Could you make a memory lite version of this mod? I love it, but i only have 4 gigs of ram. Also, it would be a great idea to make a version that replaces the stock system!

Look down and click 'before kerbin' for a mod which replaces the stock system.

As for a memory light version, I won't be doing this - I'm sorry. 4GB of ram is quite low for nowadays standard. I'd love to cater for them, but... I can't really do much.

1 minute ago, Gameslinx said:

Look down and click 'before kerbin' for a mod which replaces the stock system.

As for a memory light version, I won't be doing this - I'm sorry. 4GB of ram is quite low for nowadays standard. I'd love to cater for them, but... I can't really do much.

Thanks for telling me about the Before Kerbin mod, it looks awesome!

4 minutes ago, i like pizza said:

Thanks for telling me about the Before Kerbin mod, it looks awesome!

It's a bit lighter on memory but in the end you really need to get more. 8GB available ram is recommended for any KSP mod - you're redlining with 4 and I can't do anything about it!

So here's an oddity.  Does this mean I should splash down into the Magma?  Don't have to ask me twice :)

Also, amusing choice of words for a contract that's essentially asking me to splash down into hot lava.

fXLiTyH.png

Edited by Jetski

Hey guys - expect some changes coming to how the light system is handled with Olu'um. Kopernicus got an update where multiple light sources appear to be properly supported.

Edited by Gameslinx

So I'm interested in whether this contract can be completed.  By 37 meters above ground, even my radiators are exploding from the heat.  Makes sense if you are landing in hot lava.  I'm playing on Hard with no reverts or quickloads, so it's too expensive to run more tests until I'm higher in the tech tree, but I wonder if anyone has managed to land in Gol's Outer Core Magma.  From the f3 report, I think a successful landing would complete the splashed down contract, but not sure it's doable.  I'm thinking now maybe I could land close to the edge and launch a heat shield into the lava with Separatrons?  Something has to splash down :)

YBacikn.png

FYtQ7dZ.png

ogjvNeZ.png

4 hours ago, Jetski said:

So I'm interested in whether this contract can be completed.  By 37 meters above ground, even my radiators are exploding from the heat.  Makes sense if you are landing in hot lava.  I'm playing on Hard with no reverts or quickloads, so it's too expensive to run more tests until I'm higher in the tech tree, but I wonder if anyone has managed to land in Gol's Outer Core Magma.  From the f3 report, I think a successful landing would complete the splashed down contract, but not sure it's doable.  I'm thinking now maybe I could land close to the edge and launch a heat shield into the lava with Separatrons?  Something has to splash down :)

you cant land on that crater

not even on the edge

you need to be at 300 meters above se level if you whant to land

so that contract must have been a bug

On 8/18/2017 at 8:02 PM, Gameslinx said:

It's a bit lighter on memory but in the end you really need to get more. 8GB available ram is recommended for any KSP mod - you're redlining with 4 and I can't do anything about it!

I'm able to get by with 4 gigs with Before Kerbin. I can't have any more mods than I have right now though.

Confirmed this contract cannot be completed.  But I gave it my best shot - quite literally.  Landed a low budget skycrane, drove a rover to the edge and used a decoupler cannon to fire .625m heat shields into the lava, hoping one would splash down for a fraction of a second before exploding.  Nope. 37m above or next to the glowing orange lake seems to be the magic number, temp curve goes insanely high and all the radiators or heat resistance in the world can't save you. For SCIENCE!

gOO0Rrw.pngHlhE7vC.png5oKC4Eo.png

Full album

Edited by Jetski

On 2017/8/19 at 7:31 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

As far as anyone is concerned right now, Olei is the proper value to insert into the NEEDS tags. Change it yourself when you integrate the config. :sticktongue: By the way, I have a related config for you to include. I have not tested it but here it is.

@PLANETARY_RESOURCE,*:HAS[#ResourceName[LqdAmmonia]]:NEEDS[Kerbalism]:AFTER[Kerbalism]
{
	@ResourceName = Ammonia
}
@BIOME_RESOURCE,*:HAS[#ResourceName[LqdAmmonia]]:NEEDS[Kerbalism]:AFTER[Kerbalism]
{
	@ResourceName = Ammonia
}

I'd like you @Iso-Polaris to try this out and confirm you can scoop Ammonia. GPO already has a bunch of LqdAmmonia configs.

I don't think there's any kind of resource extractors in Kerbalism. I'll try KSPI-E scoop in this case

edit: scooping of LqdAmmonia on Butai's atmosphere confirmed

LqdAmmonia can be converted to Ammonia gas through IFS cryo tanks

Edited by Iso-Polaris

10 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I don't think there's any kind of resource extractors in Kerbalism. I'll try KSPI-E scoop in this case

edit: scooping of LqdAmmonia on Butai's atmosphere confirmed

LqdAmmonia can be converted to Ammonia gas through IFS cryo tanks

Kerbalism heavily changes a few stock parts. I believe the big barometer science part becomes an atmosphere harvester. There's also an inline harvester in my mod, Airline Kuisine. But I didn't think of IFS. I haven't done anything with IFS in a long time.

Edited by JadeOfMaar