[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

The moment I activate time warp, the orbit properties will change for a little bit. and it will change again when I activate time warp again.

For example,my apoapsis at 300Mm, i use time warp once, no matter what the rate is, the orbit will change, apoapsis became 297Mm, i use it again, it became 295Mm, until the orbit was nothing like the original.

Here's my log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7j4h8qzonnfoxub/output_log.zip?dl=0

Plz help me

On 2017/4/20 at 2:23 PM, Gameslinx said:

This seems a little funky.

I'm not getting these issues (or your 'Lego planets').

I'll need some screenshots to go from so I know what the problems look like.

I'll take another look at quarta tonight since it's been a while since I visited it. Niebietos should look like a lumpy moon with lava - they're not unfinished (I wouldn't release a version if I hadn't finished a planet).

I'll take another look at the heat on Gol. Where shouts did you land? Just on the surface somewhere, or in the lava crater? I've landed on the rocky mounds in the lava crater and not exploded - only when you're around 50 metres above the surface (it's in the config file for Gol, near the bottom).

As for lighting issues... I haven't had them.

The oceans appearing above KSC is a bug with scatterer that I can't do anything about, sorry.

The time-warp suddenly modify my trajectory problem alse happens on my side.

It looks like that:

-press the time warp button, usually '>'

-time warp rate goes from real-time to 5x

-at the same time, the orbit properties changes a little.

-cancel the time warp or switch to 10x, either way, the vessel stays in the NEW orbit

EDIT: The issue seems related to the Max delta time of the physics simulation.

Set the max delta time to 0.02, the issue does not occur, on 0.08 , it occurs every single time

EDIT2: It is known happened on Gaia, Gol and Olei orbit

EDIT3: In few cases, it stopping happening for a while after a quick S/L

Edited by Iso-Polaris

3 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

The time-warp suddenly modify my trajectory problem alse happens on my side.

It looks like that:

-press the time warp button, usually '>'

-time warp rate goes from real-time to 5x

-at the same time, the orbit properties changes a little.

-cancel the time warp or switch to 10x, either way, the vessel stays in the NEW orbit

EDIT: The issue seems related to the Max delta time of the physics simulation.

Set the max delta time to 0.02, the issue does not occur, on 0.08 , it occurs every single time

EDIT2: It is known happened on Gaia, Gol and Olei orbit

EDIT3: In few cases, it stopping happening for a while after a quick S/L

Same thing here, particularly in a polar orbit of Olemut.  every time I warp it changes quite a lot.  Feels like it happens with ships that have been in space a while and loaded and saved a few times. Also happened in orbit of Gol during a docking...exciting

Edited by Jetski

1 hour ago, Jetski said:

Same thing here, particularly in a polar orbit of Olemut.  every time I warp it changes quite a lot.  Feels like it happens with ships that have been in space a while and loaded and saved a few times. Also happened in orbit of Gol during a docking...exciting

And in a transfer orbit from Gaia to Gullus

So I finally upgraded to 2.4 and needless to say, I was not disappointed by the shenanigans caused by Olu'um's ignition. Because of it I've successfully landed on Eve and colonized Moho! Unfortunately, It doesn't like me trying to leave Moho (not fly away just return to the space center). I think it's time to close down the endeavor and start fresh which hey, means I can try out one other mod along with this!PDl6Fnj.png

Awesome Mod. Sometimes when I warp to fast towards Oluum my ram usage goes thru the roof and crashes my laptop. It seems to happen when the visuals mod load Oluum to slowly, because the hard drive does not responded fast enough and when it does then get the information the VRam and Ram usage goes thru the roof. Also is Oluum a brown dwarf, because its not a star nor a gas giant? The documents folder where we can write in science definitions, there are some planets/moons missing. Is this because there already done or why aren't some there? One last question how long did it take you make this?

Thanks again for making such a great mod:)

On 28/08/2017 at 6:48 PM, Kspeher said:

Sometimes when I warp to fast towards Oluum my ram usage goes thru the roof and crashes my laptop

Three planets around Olu'um have scatterer configs: Telos, Volux and Fume. They all try loading as they are within a set range to do so, increasing your ram usage. You can go to Scatterer > config > planetlist.cfg and adjust the load / unload distances manually until it works.

The documents folder where we can write in science definitions, there are some planets/moons missing

Whoever wrote the google spreadsheet didn't include all planets / moons. I'll do those manually.

One last question how long did it take you make this?

It has been in development for many months - just past 7. My most recent mod, Before Kerbin, only took 2 weeks to publish. Mainly because GPO (this mod) was made as I was learning how to create planets and so I had to update them all as I went along (which took a lot of work!)

1 hour ago, Syczek said:

Is there a way to make this pack standalone without Galactic Neighborhood?? Something like GPP secondary??

Umm? I don't quite understand.

Just download the mod and drag the files into GameData as per usual

Hey all :)

Got a fix for the solar panels and lighting on planets. Will release an update ASAP - just waiting for the same support through scatterer for multiple light sources

Just now, Gameslinx said:

Umm? I don't quite understand.

Just download the mod and drag the files into GameData as per usual

i mean i would like to preserve Kerbol system and having urs as standalone without galactic neighborhood to use some like extrasolar planet beyond kerbol have.

2 minutes ago, Syczek said:

i mean i would like to preserve Kerbol system and having urs as standalone without galactic neighborhood to use some like extrasolar planet beyond kerbol have.

Ohhhh, I'll make a patch for that in the new update.

Edited by Gameslinx

I just wanted to share some random screenshots of this absolutely gorgeous mod! I play with triple monitors, but I cut down the panoramic screenshots to a more managable size.  There are still so many moons to explore, and planetary atmospheres to plumb!  I still haven't explored Neibos, Fume, or Telos yet.  I've only scratched the surface of the others.  Amazing mod!

https://imgur.com/a/8WlFi

Edited by Voculus

3 hours ago, Voculus said:

I just wanted to share some random screenshots of this absolutely gorgeous mod! I play with triple monitors, but I cut down the panoramic screenshots to a more managable size.  There are still so many moons to explore, and planetary atmospheres to plumb!  I still haven't explored Neibos, Fume, or Telos yet.  I've only scratched the surface of the others.  Amazing mod!

https://imgur.com/a/8WlFi

Thank you :)

Some fixes to the incorrect solar panel tracking and planetary lighting soon!

On 9/4/2017 at 11:51 PM, Dominicinator said:

Any chance you could add config files for USI resources (I see Karborundum in the configs, however the ones from MKS and USI life support aren't there)?

Most of the resources used by USI will show up in-game on their own. There's no need to have configs for them unless they tend to be super rare or absent by default (like all atmosphere resources, needed for some life support mods).