[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

36 minutes ago, REMD said:

Hi all.

May i ask, if this planet pack is compatible with ResearchBodies mod ?

Thanks

It should be.

A note. With research bodies, all atmospheric planets will look shiny. This is because the author of RB messes with the textures of the planets to "hide" them in the map view. If you don't want them to look shiny and yucky, delete ProgressiveCBMaps from the REPOSoftTech folder.

Thanks to Cortharis and my own edits to the visual side, we have a DeltaV map for GPO! Currently at the largest deltaV map for one singular mod, I am proud to present to you first the online version AND a version which you can print out on A4 or A3! Click the images for FULL SIZE images.

jnRTHJQ.jpg

MUnjhCN.png

Thanks for the dV map. FYI I am having some memory usage issues with KS3P 4.0 (unrelated to your planet pack, it occurs with just KS3P and vanilla). My GPU memory immediately skyrockets after switching scenes in the KSC, to nearly 12GB. With KS3P 3.1 it doesn't top 4GB. I've posted about this in the KS3P thread but if anyone else has this problem it's pretty simple to just download 3.1 instead of 4.0, and it works fine with GPO.

48 minutes ago, Sentrus said:

Thanks for the dV map. FYI I am having some memory usage issues with KS3P 4.0 (unrelated to your planet pack, it occurs with just KS3P and vanilla). My GPU memory immediately skyrockets after switching scenes in the KSC, to nearly 12GB. With KS3P 3.1 it doesn't top 4GB. I've posted about this in the KS3P thread but if anyone else has this problem it's pretty simple to just download 3.1 instead of 4.0, and it works fine with GPO.

I'm sure he will notice the response. Let me know when it's fixed, if possible :)

In the meantime, enjoy the mod!

24 minutes ago, Jetski said:

Hey there @Gameslinx the latest version doesn't work for Linux ksp.  I think it's the same pathing issue we had a few versions ago, as Linux is less forgiving on filenames with uppercase and lower case letters. Any chance you can take a look?

Hm. Latest kopernicus should have fixed that. I guess it's time i get stressed out about this issue again lol.

I'll see what I can do... again... but no guarantees. 

If you send me your Kopernicus.log, i'll see if I can get a fix out tonight (I'm using github so i can fix this in minutes!)

Edited by Gameslinx

GPO 3.2.4 is NOW ON CKAN MY DUDES!

Everything works. To install, just click GPO in the mod lists and accept everything it recommends and suggests except GPP and it'll work with everything.

Fly safely! Linux experiments are tomorrow.

46 minutes ago, funkcanna said:

Hi, this mod looks great, however my game is SUPER dark.  Midday looks like night time.  Any idea what im doing wrong?

I guess you could try raising your ingame brightness?

2 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I guess you could try raising your ingame brightness?

The brightness everywhere else is fine (tracking station, map screen all good).  Its just very very dark when in the "real"view

50 minutes ago, funkcanna said:

The brightness everywhere else is fine (tracking station, map screen all good).  Its just very very dark when in the "real"view

You can raise that in the settings. It is fine for me and I haven't touched them

Maybe it's related to KS3P? I had the same problem, the game was really dark. I discovered this was because the default config of KS3P is made to show off what it can do, therefore many  effects are exaggerated. Get the KS3P folder out of your gamedata and see if the brightness changes.

2 hours ago, funkcanna said:

45 minutes ago, CARLITRON said:

Maybe it's related to KS3P? I had the same problem, the game was really dark. I discovered this was because the default config of KS3P is made to show off what it can do, therefore many  effects are exaggerated. Get the KS3P folder out of your gamedata and see if the brightness changes.

Could be. I think i can apply my ks3p adjustments myself so that you don't have to do this

18 hours ago, CARLITRON said:

This was it.  Removed KS3P and the brightness was correct.  Are there any recommended settings I should be using for KS3P so I can use it but get correct brightness?

17 minutes ago, funkcanna said:

Are there any recommended settings I should be using for KS3P so I can use it but get correct brightness?

You can turn off the vignette in its config, but i'm going to try and fix the darkening for you all anyway in the next update.

@Gameslinx, I crash everytime I try to load. I've removed every other mod except for the links listed in first post, and I've tried to launch without the listed visual enhancement mods to see if that helps, which it doesn't.
Do you want the logs / stack trace, and how would you linke them submitted?

5 minutes ago, DustInTheWind said:

@Gameslinx, I crash everytime I try to load. I've removed every other mod except for the links listed in first post, and I've tried to launch without the listed visual enhancement mods to see if that helps, which it doesn't.
Do you want the logs / stack trace, and how would you linke them submitted?

I need KSP.log and Kopernicus.log.

@Gameslinx I have flown my missions to olei and olemut, filmed them and edited them. I am about to pull them into aftereffects but had some questions.

1. What are olemuts oceans and lakes made of? what is the red gas that emanates from them made of or caused by?

2. are there any background fun facts about olei and olemut you would like highlighted (quirks of orbit, formation of the planet, etc)

next up is Gol and nightmare

2 minutes ago, baconfortress said:

What are olemuts oceans and lakes made of?

Similar substance to the mystery goo. Extremely low melting point, very high boiling point.

2 minutes ago, baconfortress said:

are there any background fun facts about olei and olemut you would like highlighted (quirks of orbit, formation of the planet, etc)

Not particularly. They both entered Gaia's system in a polar orbit.