[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

Gameslinx, after a many-month long break from KSP, I got around to reinstalling the whole thing again, but the colors in Gaia are very muted for me. The greens look nearly gray.

https://imgur.com/ZYhnOZo

I followed the installation steps and removed AVP, but to no avail. Is it meant to look this way, or am I missing something? For a comparison to the old 1.2 days, the colors were much richer and brighter.

https://imgur.com/6ERcRSx

Also, if I may be so bold, I deeply miss the old Scorch. I'm not a fan of the lava, since KSP wasn't built to model it very well, and there are a number of other worlds and moons that feature this, well, feature. That's not an indictment on your hard work! I just miss the endless sea of scorching hot desert, with their brilliant orange hues. Currently, Scorch reminds me a lot of Duna, but I don't know if that's something I messed up on my end.

Now that I think about it, I installed the latest version of Kopernicus, not the older version linked to in the OP. Could that be the cause of my muted colors?

9 hours ago, Voculus said:

the colors in Gaia are very muted for me. The greens look nearly gray

The ground near KSC is not green - it is mostly grey. If you go down to lower altitudes you'll see more and more green. Hopefully this is what you're looking for?

9 hours ago, Voculus said:

Also, if I may be so bold, I deeply miss the old Scorch

After the feedback I've gotten for the new scorch, I am thinking of removing the lava and improving its old texture.

2 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

The ground near KSC is not green - it is mostly grey. If you go down to lower altitudes you'll see more and more green. Hopefully this is what you're looking for?

After the feedback I've gotten for the new scorch, I am thinking of removing the lava and improving its old texture.

After looking at it more closely, I think it might be due to Scatterer. The colors are very washed out and desaturated. I definitely see the color changes on Gaia, but even the water and sky are looking quite pale, so I think what ever shader that Scatterer is running, might be the culprit.

31 minutes ago, Voculus said:

After looking at it more closely, I think it might be due to Scatterer. The colors are very washed out and desaturated. I definitely see the color changes on Gaia, but even the water and sky are looking quite pale, so I think what ever shader that Scatterer is running, might be the culprit.

I can redo the atmosphere using the config tool or revert to the Spectra atmosphere I was able to use before, so I'll experiment with Gaia's atmosphere for the next update along with a new Scorch (minus the lava), thanks!

Edited by Gameslinx

29 minutes ago, Eriksonn said:

My minmus somwhow turned into a snowball for some reason, just downloaded the 1.4 version, i may have messed something up…

https://imgur.com/a/M15dET3

ps. find something else that is unusual except minmus…:wink:

I'm seeing more moons around Gaia than there should be. Got any more mods installed?

7 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

So, maybe moons for Thelai?

Unlikely. I don't really want to add any more planets because the mod uses enough RAM as it is

I changed some config files to relocate the current moons into other orbits that would be stable when i use pricncipia with realistic gravity(have not enabled that yet). Olei became a large problem as its proximity to the mun caused the mun to be ejected quickly. I fixed it by setting Olei in minmus orbit but retrograde and put minmus closer to the mun in a 2/5 resonance with the mun, has worked well thus far but the oluum system break down after about 1.5 years even after i fixed some things.(i Think Vulcan is too Close to the rest and messes things up)

The extra moon is actually nightmare. I relocated it to the muns lagrange Point becauce principia didnt like that it was too Close. Some other moons was shifted out a bit aswell.

I tried reverting my configfiles and it fixed it, i Think that becauce i copied them from the 1.3 version things cot confused somehow.

Aww man... I found out that the config file for gullis has changed quite alot and if every planet has changed it will be a nightmare filtering out the old config values and blending them with the new one. But hopefully it is only gullis since i saw in the changelog that gullis was the only body that i changed the orbit of and that you changed the config file of so it should be fine.

But i changed Telos too and that is not broken. Eh, lets see what happens.:/

7 hours ago, Eriksonn said:

I changed some config files to relocate the current moons into other orbits that would be stable when i use pricncipia with realistic gravity(have not enabled that yet). Olei became a large problem as its proximity to the mun caused the mun to be ejected quickly. I fixed it by setting Olei in minmus orbit but retrograde and put minmus closer to the mun in a 2/5 resonance with the mun, has worked well thus far but the oluum system break down after about 1.5 years even after i fixed some things.(i Think Vulcan is too Close to the rest and messes things up)

The extra moon is actually nightmare. I relocated it to the muns lagrange Point becauce principia didnt like that it was too Close. Some other moons was shifted out a bit aswell.

I tried reverting my configfiles and it fixed it, i Think that becauce i copied them from the 1.3 version things cot confused somehow.

Aww man... I found out that the config file for gullis has changed quite alot and if every planet has changed it will be a nightmare filtering out the old config values and blending them with the new one. But hopefully it is only gullis since i saw in the changelog that gullis was the only body that i changed the orbit of and that you changed the config file of so it should be fine.

But i changed Telos too and that is not broken. Eh, lets see what happens.:/

Ummm I can't really help when you've amalgamated configs from different versions and messed about with the planets

Your gullis issue looks like a missing colour map. Note that from GPO 1.3.1 to 1.4.3, the format for its colour map changed from PNG to DDS, so if you seriously have to mess with the configs, make sure Gullis' config and textures are using their 1.4.3 versions.

I fixed it by having the old 1.3 configs and copying in the 1.4 gullis file and then manually changing the orbit to what it was in the 1.3 version

ps. what other bodies need the 1.4 configs instead of the 1.3 ones?

Edited by Eriksonn

2 minutes ago, Eriksonn said:

ps. what other bodies need the 1.4 configs instead of the 1.3 ones?

Read the changelog and you'll see what got updated and needs changing, but I can't really help if you've messed with the mod yourself

Due to the dire warnings in KSP with 1.4.4 and Kopernicus, I didn't try loading my GPO game, and uninstalled GPO and Kopernicus for now. I presume we'll have to wait for Kopernicus to get updated before this can run on 1.4.4?

8 hours ago, AmpCat said:

Due to the dire warnings in KSP with 1.4.4 and Kopernicus, I didn't try loading my GPO game, and uninstalled GPO and Kopernicus for now. I presume we'll have to wait for Kopernicus to get updated before this can run on 1.4.4?

Yeah, we'll need to wait for Kopernicus to update. You are able to roll back to 1.4.3 using Steam, but for now, GPO won't work on 1.4.4.

6 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Umm it says this mod only works on 1.3.1. Weird, huh? Especially since the planets are actually added. @Gameslinx

I might have left something out with KSP-AVC. Just ignore it for now. It isn't the best advice, but if you install the mod correctly it does work for 1.4.3.

46 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I might have left something out with KSP-AVC. Just ignore it for now. It isn't the best advice, but if you install the mod correctly it does work for 1.4.3.

I know, because I use 1.4.3 and the planets are added. I think it might be the .version .

1 hour ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Ah. I see. This is literally the only planet mod that actually adds planets. Weird, Huh?

You must have installed something wrong. Amalgamating other planet mods probably isn't a good idea. Just pick one and roll with it.