[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

32 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

I don't see a monument on Niebos. I don't see any easter eggs at all except the CC. (Core Cave, oh wait i just leaked one what have i done)

Niebos doesn't have a monument.

What do you mean by the core cave? I need a screenshot because it might be a bug, please!

8 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

Okay so basically at the center of almost anything (Except Gas Giants and Sun) If you look at the poles with "Mohole-type" poles and if you use the Camera: Locked setting and if you get it at the right angle there is an easter egg. 

That's a bug which I can't really fix, not an Easter egg, unfortunately!

Hey everyone!

Tomorrow I would like to look into adding asteroids around and inside Olu'um's rings, and possibly also adding resources to some of the planets.

I have absolutely not clue how to manage this, so your help is appreciated. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

Hey everyone!

Tomorrow I would like to look into adding asteroids around and inside Olu'um's rings, and possibly also adding resources to some of the planets.

I have absolutely not clue how to manage this, so your help is appreciated. Thanks!

There's an Asteroids{} node for that. I never used it myself so I'm not sure how it works exactly. Give me a few hours to get to the bottom of it.

Also, you're really going to hate this, but I think another rename may be a good idea because right now it clashes with Galileo's Planet Pack, both mods being GPP for short.

Maybe changing 'Pack' to 'Overhaul'  or 'Addition', resulting in GPO or GPA respectively?

Edited by The White Guardian

4 hours ago, electricpants said:

I'd like to report something (User error, not a glitch).

The atmospheres are 10x thinner than they're supposed to be.

Like, instead of 0.9 atmos for Solus, it's 0.09 atmos.

I'm not sure how to correct this. The atmosphere altitudes are around 60000 for most atmospheric planets. Is this issue in the map view, as a visual issue?

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

Also, you're really going to hate this, but I think another rename may be a good idea because right now it clashes with Galileo's Planet Pack, both mods being GPP for short.

I can't change the name again, because the mod trailer uses Gameslinx's Planet Pack and it will just confuse people if the name is different.

Sorry Galileo

1 hour ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

I'm not sure how to correct this. The atmosphere altitudes are around 60000 for most atmospheric planets. Is this issue in the map view, as a visual issue?

I think it's the surface pressure. I'll download the pack when I get home in two hours and give the planets an atmospheric rework if you'd like.

And by that I mean adding the following stuff:

- Atmosphere composition

- Realistic density

- Realistic pressure based off temperature

- Realistic atmosphere termination

- Additional temperature curves

13 hours ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

Hey all!

The trailer for the mod is out, go check it out!

Awesome trailer... though I think I can improve it with some Camera tools. Plus, I'm running on an i5 quad core and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB setup so I can push the quality settings through the roof for this.

I'm willing to make a second trailer if you'd like, which could also give you a shot at renaming the pack a second time.

51 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Awesome trailer... though I think I can improve it with some Camera tools. Plus, I'm running on an i5 quad core and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB setup so I can push the quality settings through the roof for this.

I'm willing to make a second trailer if you'd like, which could also give you a shot at renaming the pack a second time.

Nah don't make a new trailer.

I've used camera tools before and you have reminded me about it. I'll make another trailer over the weekend with 'Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul' or something along those lines.

I don't want to boast - I'm running an i7 4790k and a GTX 1080, I'll save you the effort of making another trailer and do it on Saturday/Sunday

12 hours ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

Nebeitos (or whatever that moon is named) doesnt have a description, so here's one : "High mountains and dangerous lava oceans, Nebeitos is a dangerous moon. Watch out!"

"Formed from the ashes of Niebos's rings, Niebietos was born. It's so hot, it has oceans of pure lava!"

I hate how SpaceDock doesn't allow users to change the name of the mod. So it's stuck on Olei Planet Mod.

I've sent them an email to their support address- well. I tried.

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Action: delayed
Remote-MTA: dns; s3n1.52k.de. (2a01:4f8:160:9023::2, the server for the domain spacedock.info.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 451 4.7.1 Please try again later
Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 15:37:12 -0800 (PST)
Will-Retry-Until: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 13:53:07 -0800 (PST)

So it seems I can't get a message through to them to manually change the name of the mod. Welp, if they don't sort their email out I'm going to have to make a new SpaceDock mod page for it.

11 minutes ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

I hate how SpaceDock doesn't allow users to change the name of the mod. So it's stuck on Olei Planet Mod.

I've sent them an email to their support address- well. I tried.

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Action: delayed
Remote-MTA: dns; s3n1.52k.de. (2a01:4f8:160:9023::2, the server for the domain spacedock.info.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 451 4.7.1 Please try again later
Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 15:37:12 -0800 (PST)
Will-Retry-Until: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 13:53:07 -0800 (PST)

So it seems I can't get a message through to them to manually change the name of the mod. Welp, if they don't sort their email out I'm going to have to make a new SpaceDock mod page for it.

Sorry, man. You might as well make a new page. I forgot my SpaceDock password once so I sent a reminder request. Fortunately I managed to find the password shortly after, but my mail was left unanswered for months. So long in fact, that when I received the e-mail at last it took a while for me to remember what it was about.

The people running SpaceDock are immensely slow with handling such things, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

Sorry, man. You might as well make a new page. I forgot my SpaceDock password once so I sent a reminder request. Fortunately I managed to find the password shortly after, but my mail was left unanswered for months. So long in fact, that when I received the e-mail at last it took a while for me to remember what it was about.

The people running SpaceDock are immensely slow with handling such things, unfortunately.

Thanks. You just saved me a few months of waiting lol.

I'll make another page for 1.0

qCxtAFu.jpg

Welcome to version 1.0

• Planet 'Fume' Added

• Fume scatterer configs added

• Eliminated some polar pinching on some planets

• Olemut terrain rework

• Some orbital paths adjusted for planets

• Noise maps applied to EVE clouds to make them look more realistic

• Most atmospheres respect their parent bodies' sizes