[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

6 hours ago, ToxikEvo said:

Hello! This is my first post on the forums so if I mess something up please let me know! Anyways on to my bug...

Was having some fps issues, so I started messing with some settings. After turning most things down to low, I went back into my save. Then I noticed something odd...

Hide contents

Managed to pin down and recreate the issue for recording.

I quickly figured out the cause was changing the terrain detail to below default causes the runway to be half swallowed by the terrain, and it's not only visual, but physical as well. I also tried to search this thread to see if this problem had been reported before and didn't see anything, if it has I apologize and will delete this post. 

While I'm here, is there anything simple I can do to increase fps? With stock my fps is fine, with this its down to like 15 at launch. (in 1080p, which that video was not)

This is a known bug that reducing the texture quality will mean the terrain looks worse and less sharp, causing the KSC to be swallowed slightly. Just keep your texture quality high enough so this doesn't happen.

To improve your fps, you can either remove Environmental Visual Enhancements from your Gamedata, or do this (to keep the clouds, but have them not volumetric):

Press Alt + 0 in game. Press the left arrow at the top twice until it says 'Cloud Manager'. Then use the lower arrows to find Gaia's cloud (not aurora!) Config. For each cloud layer (there's three I believe) scroll down and turn off Layer Volume. Then click apply and save.

Restart the game after that and your performance should improve.

I'll try and reduce the runway swallowing in the future.

Ah, I apologize for posting a known issue then. I tried to find something similar but couldn't, search bar wasn't my friend today I guess lol. Also, removing EVE completely fixed the fps! As beautiful as the mod is, I'd rather max fps over max beauty (in this case anyways). Thank you very much!

Edited by ToxikEvo

3 hours ago, ToxikEvo said:

Ah, I apologize for posting a known issue then. I tried to find something similar but couldn't, search bar wasn't my friend today I guess lol. Also, removing EVE completely fixed the fps! As beautiful as the mod is, I'd rather max fps over max beauty (in this case anyways). Thank you very much!

I do this myself :)

I might do some optimisations for Gaia's volumetric clouds. It appears they're loaded on the CPU and not the graphics card, meaning the game will take a huge dump. I'm using an i7 4790k and a GeForcr GTX 1080, and if EVE was loaded on the GPU, nearly everyone with a medium-spec PC would be able to run it.

Main point is I'll be doing some stuff to help with the lag because I have to play without EVE for larger crafts too.

16 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Hey all! I will be adding compatibility with  @linuxgurugamer's amazing mod Loading Screen Manager very shortly, but we need some amazing screenshots of different planets to go with it!

I'm looking for some very good quality pictures which are wallpaper material - such as the one on the mod post. 

Please make sure the resolution is 1920 x 1080 or 16:9, and that your craft is not included unless it is a surface shot.

Thanks guys! You can get your pictures on the loading screen if they are amazing!

How do you suggest getting the craft out of the shot for non-surface shots?

I can only move it into a corner.

1 hour ago, TheWanderer05 said:

Add these to your method:

1. Zoom out until the craft vanishes;
  2. Aim the camera at the part closest to the center of the screen. This will increase the offset of the craft body, pushing it away a little more.

2 hours ago, TheWanderer05 said:

Zoom out until it's barely visible, then click the middle mouse button and drag your camera to offset it.

Or, send me the screenshot and i'll photoshop the craft out.

5 minutes ago, TheWanderer05 said:

Some of these are old, tell me what you think - forgot how to put an album in. All 1900x1200

album link: http://imgur.com/a/7qchT

v2o8BoK.jpgUVh4Tug.jpgAcS8nyS.jpgxBr8cBC.jpg1vlfu1c.jpgYd5kQSq.jpg

I like them! The last one will probably be getting in. I have a lot of Gaia system screenshots (since I'm talking with people in the mod discord) so I can only really have the last one.

If you come across anything amazing on your travels, just shoot the screenies this way - everyone has their unique ways for pictures and I love them!

Just now, Gameslinx said:

I like them! The last one will probably be getting in. I have a lot of Gaia system screenshots (since I'm talking with people in the mod discord) so I can only really have the last one.

If you come across anything amazing on your travels, just shoot the screenies this way - everyone has their unique ways for pictures and I love them!

Sure thing, I have a mission on its way to Thalia at the moment, and one to Olu'um that could get some beautyshots.

3 hours ago, Ensanos said:

Hey, this pack looks great, definitely going to download and play it!!

I'm thinking of making a planet pack myself would you have any tips?

Sure thing! He may hate me for this, but take a look at @The White Guardian's tutorials on the forum and youtube!

(Jk TWG, they're very useful no matter how much you hate making then)

And if you're still stuck, join the discord link that I put in the main post on this topic where we can chat in real time.

29 minutes ago, TheWanderer05 said:

Speaking of Eve, wasn't there another moon around it in earlier versions of the mod? Where'd that one go?

Dusk was removed. Dread and kibbos are also being temporarily removed for maintenance unless I finish them both before the next update.

35 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Gameslinx Don't remove any bodies please. Just leave them alone. You're going to break people's careers again and get them upset at you.

Yes that's a good point. Darn Kopernicus can't handle it well. I was going to add them back in the future but I might either leave them as they are or give them the extra detail they need because they're very boring moons.

Cheers for that reminder

@Gameslinx Give those moons whatever added detail you plan to, when it's convenient to you. Until then just leave them as they are and (if anyone bothers you) put up a notice that there are fixes coming. But the main thing is that they continue to be present. :wink: You're welcome.

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

Yes that's a good point. Darn Kopernicus can't handle it well. I was going to add them back in the future but I might either leave them as they are or give them the extra detail they need because they're very boring moons.

Cheers for that reminder

Hi. How to start a scatterer with mod Suthe_Solar_System_Overhaul 1.9 (with Scatterer) work only one graphic mod. Im really need For stream. Thanks

56 minutes ago, Arthas_ImmortalDK said:

Hi. How to start a scatterer with mod Suthe_Solar_System_Overhaul 1.9 (with Scatterer) work only one graphic mod. Im really need For stream. Thanks

You need to add the code from @Tynton's Scatterer > PlanetList.cfg to the one provided by me. You will also need to merge the folders in the config > Planets. This will require a lot of effort for someone not used to doing this.

Personally, I recommend going with one mod or the other.

6 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

You need to add the code from @Tynton's Scatterer > PlanetList.cfg to the one provided by me. You will also need to merge the folders in the config > Planets. This will require a lot of effort for someone not used to doing this.

Personally, I recommend going with one mod or the other.

I have integrated all the planets and configs under GPO_Scatterer. Add all Planets in planetlist. chance way for planets (Suthe),but I do not know how add new planet for mod. In GPO_Scatterer.cfg add all new (Suthe) Planet "@Body[Sonus,Olu'um,Telos,Butai,Volux,Scorch,Gaia,Niebos]"  

Scatterer  just does not see the setting of a new planet.

What steps need to be taken to add a new planet? (For GPO).