Favorite Aircraft

RussianAround

My favourite?

It has to be the Hawker Typhoon.

Spoiler

Hawker_Typhoon_MkIB.jpg

An awesome midpoint of the greatest aircraft evolution in piston-powered history.

From being the only tool for intercepting the brand-new Fw190, to being the winged reaper of Normandy, you can't say no to the quad-20mm, 2000+ HP, stable as a rock, versatile and massive Tiffie.

• 2 weeks later...

I've forgotten about this thread completely, and I was amazed at the variety of aircraft! I'm surprised, though, not to find the Me-262, Arado-234, He-162, and the Fokker Dr.1. However, I have a Russian surpriseYak-15-Feather.jpg for you. Meet, the Yak-15!

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎18 at 1:34 AM, V7 Aerospace said:

My favourite?

It has to be the Hawker Typhoon.

An awesome midpoint of the greatest aircraft evolution in piston-powered history.

From being the only tool for intercepting the brand-new Fw190, to being the winged reaper of Normandy, you can't say no to the quad-20mm, 2000+ HP, stable as a rock, versatile and massive Tiffie.

While being further developed into the Tempest I can imagine the Hawker designers thinking... "The sabre is a complex engine, we need an alternative for a Tempest II".

Then someone from Bristol, "Here, have this stonking great big radial.  We call it Centaurus, we just took the Hercules and made it bigger! POWER!"

"But how are we going to get that in to a Tempest?  We want it to be aerodynamic and faster."

The quiet one at the back says, "The Germans have a radial engined fighter...."

The room goes quiet.

"we can just see how they did it."

Edited by Kokoro
POWER!

On 26 June 2017 at 5:12 PM, RussianAround said:

Yak-15-Feather.jpg for you. Meet, the Yak-15!

Yak-3! What did they do to you!?

And if it shares the same wooden wings as a Yak-3, I'd imagine you'd need to keep the speed controlled while flying the thing, or else the wings may say goodbye.

• 4 weeks later...

The Concorde was pretty cool, planes like the T-38 were built on dreams and looked cool, things like the B-29 or the B-52 are neat relics of a gone era...

Got to pick something. Uh... um... let's see... I'm running out of time here... there's so many good ones... uh... maybe... I would have to chose the F-747 Airbus Dreamliner 320 Pirate-Ninja Boeing Tri-Jumbo Guppy.

*Facepalm*

In all seriousness, though, I have no "favorite" aircraft. It all depends on what mood I'm feeling in. However, I notice most other people have posted airplanes, but this was choosing your favorite aircraft. Therefore, I chose something like the Hiller VZ-1 Pawnee (only more dangerous if possible).

Edited by Confused Scientist
How come you always find mistakes right after posting?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.