[1.2.2] E.T. - Extreme Textures (RSS)

ufindbatman

On 3/29/2017 at 9:41 AM, ufindbatman said:

Edit: .. recorded with shadow play..

Does one still have to login to nVidia to use ShadowPlay, or can one recorded locally - Then how ? :D

I dumped shadowplay because of the login requirement.

Edited by ColKlonk2

On 11/04/2017 at 9:26 AM, Thomot512 said:

I also ran into the problem of having 0-1 fps then after a quick search i found out that we should run KSP in direct X 11 to insure compatibility with E.T.

Have you tried that?

I actually thought I had done that, but you were right, that fixed the 1 fps problem. Unfortunately it didn't fix everything, as the Earth just appears as a featureless sphere now. But no problem I will wait patiently for a possible update

Hey everyone, here is a pic of what I've done today regarding the pc build. I made a front plate for the ram, and an aluminium shield cover for the m-atx mobo.

18052653_1272938742774243_87904522_n.jpg

I'll put up some pics of the case when I rivet the panels together (a day or two).

On 4/15/2017 at 2:30 AM, ColKlonk2 said:

Does one still have to login to nVidia to use ShadowPlay, or can one recorded locally - Then how ? :D

I dumped shadowplay because of the login requirement.

Yeah, I login. It's annoying but I don't record often. I like shadowplay, the recordings are very high quality with barely any performance loss. 

On 4/16/2017 at 10:59 PM, mcdouble said:

I actually thought I had done that, but you were right, that fixed the 1 fps problem. Unfortunately it didn't fix everything, as the Earth just appears as a featureless sphere now. But no problem I will wait patiently for a possible update

I know someone else who has the same problem, I haven't been able to do much with E.T. for awhile and am still trying to sort stuff out. Thanks for waiting patiently.

I also ran into the problem of having 0-1 fps then after a quick search i found out that we should run KSP in direct X 11 to insure compatibility with E.T.

Have you tried that?

If you don't know how to do it:

- Create a shortcut of "ksp_x64.exe"

- In the shortcut's properties, add -force-d3d11 to the target

- Use this shortcut to play

If you installed it via Steam:

-Right clic on Kerbal Space Program in Steam

- Properties

-Define launch setting (not sure of the translation)

-add -force-d3d11

@Thomot512 Thank you so much for trying to help others with their E.T. problems. I'm recovering from a bad couple of weeks, so I haven't been able to help on here much. Cheers.

Hey, you may remember me as the one with the 1070FTW and the 6600k. I just installed this and it seems to have dropped my FPS in the menu and outside the KSC to an unusable low rate. I followed the install instructions to the tee, and inside the VAB is smooth as usually, but gameplay is also very slow, maybe 1 FPS.

On 4/10/2017 at 5:26 PM, Thomot512 said:

Have you tried that?

If you don't know how to do it:

- Create a shortcut of "ksp_x64.exe"

- In the shortcut's properties, add -force-d3d11 to the target

- Use this shortcut to play

If you installed it via Steam:

-Right clic on Kerbal Space Program in Steam

- Properties

-Define launch setting (not sure of the translation)

-add -force-d3d11

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you actually add -force-d3d11 to the target in the shortcut without getting an invalid name?

34 minutes ago, Vanya-Kerbalnovich said:

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you actually add -force-d3d11 to the target in the shortcut without getting an invalid name?

you do it outside the quotation marks, as in:

"F:\Kerbal Space Program CURRENT\KSP_x64.exe" -force-d3d11

On 11.5.2017 at 10:09 PM, Vanya-Kerbalnovich said:

Just for reference, forcing KSP to use Dx11 turned Earth into a textureless blue sphere

Me too. Does this happen for everyone? I have seen screenshots so there must be a tweak I missed? -GTX 1080, 16GB RAM

Me too. Does this happen for everyone? I have seen screenshots so there must be a tweak I missed? -GTX 1080, 16GB RAM

GTX 1080, 32GB RAM 

Happens for me as well.  This also happened with RSSVE, but they added a .cfg to fix it, which it did.
My guess is that something similar is happening here.

Here's the link to -their- fix in case it helps developing a fix for this...
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PhineasFreak/DocBin/master/DocBin/generic_files/RSSVE_Scatterer_PlanetFix_Config.cfg

Can submit a proper bug report if one is needed.

Edited by Slainte Maith

@Slainte Maith, looking at the .cfg, it won't work for this mod I think. It configured and depends on the RSVE mod. (AFTER[RSSVE] )
It could work if the dependencie (after) is changed to ET. Or whatever the name of the mod is for module manager. But then again, I'm not sure.

On 5/20/2017 at 6:16 AM, Deplaisant said:

Hello, i'm not really interrested for the clouds ( gpu not enough powerful ) so i'd like to keep only the earth textures. Is it possible ? How ? 

I agree. I tried to delete scatterer and the clouds in assets, but the effects simply didn"t show up, instead showing the standard rss textures. Any ideas?

On 5/20/2017 at 2:16 PM, Deplaisant said:

Hello, i'm not really interrested for the clouds ( gpu not enough powerful ) so i'd like to keep only the earth textures. Is it possible ? How ? 

Delete the coulds.cfg file, I guess that should do it. 

On 5/19/2017 at 10:15 AM, enigmasi said:

this is how I see in DirectX11 mode (can't even run without dx)

aAjkO67.jpgck7TE9n.jpgSvoRQro.pngKEJI97D.jpgwaCTQgd.jpg

Any theories or fixes for this yet?  (Pics one and three)  I'm still having the same issue.  Please let me know what information you'd need from me to assist.  My PC is beefy enough to run this effortlessly.
Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Slainte Maith said:

Any theories or fixes for this yet?  (Pics one and three)  I'm still having the same issue.  Please let me know what information you'd need from me to assist.  My PC is beefy enough to run this effortlessly.
Thanks!

It's about cubemaps which are in Eve Textures (Clouds, Lights, Earth). So, these detailed maps causing this issue. I've tried to change their transparency, compressing method etc. but didn't help.