[1.2.2] E.T. - Extreme Textures (RSS)

ufindbatman

13 hours ago, EpicPants said:

Im having an issue with the earth's terminater/dark side, it has a narrow band where its dark but past that every thing is easly visible

Hmm I think it's an error on my part.

Go into GameData\E.T.O\Clouds.cfg

scroll down and find

OBJECT
	{
		name = MainClouds
		body = Earth
		Speed = 0,15,0
		altitude = 6850
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 40
			_DetailDist = 0.4
			_DistFadeVert = 0.009
			_Color = 654,594,564,200
			_DetailTex = E.T.O/Assets/Atmosphere/Detail/Atmo
			_UVNoiseTex = E.T.O/Assets/Atmosphere/Detail/DetailUVNoise
			_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.3,0.3
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0.0000001
			_UVNoiseScale = 0.007
			_DistFade = 0.00009
			_MainTex
			{
				value = Clouds
				type = CubeMap
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_DetailDist = 2E-06
				_InvFade = 0.001
				_RimDist = 0.0001
				_FalloffScale = 11.5
				_FalloffPow = 0.2
				_RimDistSub = 1.001
				_MinLight = 0.032

Under layer 2D, change the (_MinLight =) value to 0

Also find

OBJECT
	{
		name = ScaledSpace
		body = Earth
		altitude = 1
		speed = 0,0,0
		detailSpeed = 0,0,0
		settings
		{
			_Color = 215, 220,245,302
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0.0000000001
			_DetailTex = E.T.O/Assets/Atmosphere/Detail/Atmo
			_DetailScale = 1
			_DetailDist = 1
			_UVNoiseTex = E.T.O/Assets/Atmosphere/Detail/DetailUVNoise
			_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.2,0.2
			_UVNoiseScale = 0.00000004
			_MainTex
			{
				value = Earth
				type = CubeMap
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_FalloffPow = 1
				_FalloffScale = 1
				_InvFade = 1
				_MinLight = 0.05

Once again under Layer2D, change the (_MinLight =) value to 0

That should sort it out. Maybe. I'll have to update the mod and adjust it. Cheers.

6 hours ago, ufindbatman said:

Hmm I think it's an error on my part.

Go into GameData\E.T.O\Clouds.cfg

scroll down and find

It worked. But i think i'll play around with the settings some more (citylights are still visable) thanks great mod 

5 hours ago, EpicPants said:

Here i am back to moan about this very very pretty mod 

my problem this time around is a white sphere around Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn 

And i have no clue what to do cause im a twat :)

Thanks.

I highly doubt that you're a twat, because I think the issue is on my side again lol.

Honestly I've never looked at any of the other planets, my focus has always been just on earth. So I really should check it out and update the mod. 

I do have an idea what the issue may be. I didn't add any scatterer settings to those planets, so it might be causing a problem.

Edited by ufindbatman

ya i have the same problem as well 

On 3/11/2018 at 3:46 PM, EpicPants said:

my problem this time around is a white sphere around Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn 

Thanks.

On 3/11/2018 at 12:46 PM, EpicPants said:

Thanks.

On 3/14/2018 at 4:20 PM, Jim123 said:

ya i have the same problem as well 

Updated the 1.2.2 download link on the front page. Here it is - [Download link removed by moderator]

Adjusted night lights (not as bright), Removed earths weird night side glow, semi fixed scatterer (still slight issue with jupiter and saturn) 

Edited by Snark
Download link removed by moderator

On 3/19/2018 at 11:06 PM, astronaut2019 said:

I really like this mod but why some scatterer effects are off (like clouds scatterering or some water effects)? They are not working? Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Russia.

Any chance of some photos to show whats happening?

1 hour ago, Aazard said:

will this work with 1.3.1 for a RP-1 dev video series?

It could work with a bit of shifting around. The main issue is with getting all the scatterer configs shifted over to a newer version. It might be simple if scatterer hasn't really changed much. I'll look into it.

2 hours ago, KspLover777 said:

I think Earth is too blue compare hellblazer and  your and look at Apollo 17 photo 

That's the way Hellblazer likes it, and in his videos it does look awesome. Actually a lot of people have requested the light blue look, I think it's because people want what they see in the movies. However I made the mod to look like this: 

It's a little bit more of a darker blue. I don't have a full shot of earth though. You can fiddle around with the ocean texture and make it darker or lighter to suit what you like.

Edited by ufindbatman

On 3/14/2018 at 5:27 AM, ufindbatman said:

However I did get a bit of help from rssve and have incorporated some of it into e.t.

And that currently violates the license of RSSVE, since no formal attribution has been given. In fact, you have not included/linked a license file and that is against the Add-on posting rules:

Spoiler
  • All add-ons, dependencies and packs that are posted on the services maintained by Squad that serve the KSP Community (such as this forum and Curse) must be accompanied by a license for each add-on contained therein, that regulates what other users can do with the copyrighted material.
  • These licenses must be made available in both the download file as a readme or license text, and in the location the user downloads from (such as a forum post or a Curse listing).

56 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

And that currently violates the license of RSSVE, since no formal attribution has been given. In fact, you have not included/linked a license file and that is against the Add-on posting rules:

Reveal hidden contents
  • All add-ons, dependencies and packs that are posted on the services maintained by Squad that serve the KSP Community (such as this forum and Curse) must be accompanied by a license for each add-on contained therein, that regulates what other users can do with the copyrighted material.
  • These licenses must be made available in both the download file as a readme or license text, and in the location the user downloads from (such as a forum post or a Curse listing).

Sorry mate, wasn't my intention to cause conflict. What i used was your scatterer settings for all planets other than earth because they looked neat. Any chance you could give me a rough idea on what to do, I have no-idea about license files or anything, I just uploaded this so people could stop asking me for it on youtube. I can remove the planet settings if you want, or include your name and link where ever, you can have the whole front page if you want. I'm sorry and should have asked first. Cheers.

Edited by ufindbatman

50 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

Reveal hidden contents

Damn, I have have absolutely no idea about licences. I feel dumb as heck, because I just can't get it. I thought you just upload and let people download.

Edited by ufindbatman

15 hours ago, ufindbatman said:

That's the way Hellblazer likes it, and in his videos it does look awesome. Actually a lot of people have requested the light blue look, I think it's because people want what they see in the movies. However I made the mod to look like this: 

It's a little bit more of a darker blue. I don't have a full shot of earth though. You can fiddle around with the ocean texture and make it darker or lighter to suit what you like.

Yeah I know make since look cool

why do we make such a big deal over licences mods are free i understand if someone took a copy of squad and sold it for free but ksp costs money and mods do not. i dont mean to be rude or offend anyone i love both of these mods there both good but i just dont understand why we make a big deal over something that is free

im sorry if i sound rude i dont mean to be i just dont have a good understanding of licences and theirs probably a good reason that i dont know that means it bad but please let ufindbatma still have this mod i need this mod i just simply cant go without it atleast let ufindbatma make his own textures for it so that way we can still have it i think hes talted enough to do it (no offense meant) i also no idea why my leaders turned bold black and ignore my bad grammer