[1.2.2] E.T. - Extreme Textures (RSS)

ufindbatman

11 hours ago, ufindbatman said:

In the corner of the vid below it shows what I get with a 50-70 part rocket. It's in the 1.1.3 update and with my old pc (i5 4460, gtx 970, 16gb ram, win 7) but the 1.2.2 update should be not much different fps wise. My new set-up is an i5 6600k, 16gb ram, gtx 1070, with win 10, So it should be very similar in performance to your set-up. Like I said above, my last part (ddr4 ram) will be arriving within the next two days, then I will be able to help you out properly. Right now all I have is a medium laptop which can't run my mod, so I can't really test fps.

Yeah must be something you changed for 1.2.2.

Will wait till you upgrade your computer and re-visit the issue :)

Anyone having any problems with the 1.2.2 version? If I have Earth on screen the game slows to a crawl, much lower than 1fps, but if I turn the camera away from Earth it runs fine.

Don't have any issues with the 1.1.3 version which runs great.

Edit: ok, it seemed to be the scatterer that's included in the zip that was causing the problem, replacing that with the latest scatterer release fixed it (maybe that will help someone)

Edit2: actually scratch that, I opened the wrong install lol. Still having the same issue

Edited by mcdouble

14 hours ago, mcdouble said:

Anyone having any problems with the 1.2.2 version? If I have Earth on screen the game slows to a crawl, much lower than 1fps, but if I turn the camera away from Earth it runs fine.

Edit: ok, it seemed to be the scatterer that's included in the zip that was causing the problem, replacing that with the latest scatterer release fixed it (maybe that will help someone)

Edit2: actually scratch that, I opened the wrong install lol. Still having the same issue

A few people are having problems with the 1.2.2 update. I'll try to sort it out in a few days, I'm still in the middle of building my new pc. Cheers.

2 hours ago, ufindbatman said:

A few people are having problems with the 1.2.2 update. I'll try to sort it out in a few days, I'm still in the middle of building my new pc. Cheers.

No worries, nice work on the mod, it's looking great

11 hours ago, JeeF said:

How many hours are you taking per bolt you screw into place? XD

May I suggest this? http://www.asseenontv.com/gator-grip-universal-socket/detail.php?p=296303

Hahaha Well, well, look who decided to throw some humor my way.

I'm scratch building my case out of aluminium, the case is about halfway done. So It actually does take a long time per bolt. I have to cut the aluminium, drill and thread the hole, before a bolt can be put through. XD. I also don't have windows 10 for it yet, I need to go in to town and get a disc, or an 8gb usb to put the iso image on.

I understand (in your eyes) this is probably the worse time for me to be building a case from scratch. Before I did my own visuals, I remember waiting for proot to update his mod. It physically hurt my body, I desperately wanted the mod like a young boy wanting a cotton sheet between him and his grandmas itchy wool blanket. Yet he had things to do, and so do I. I don't have a vehicle or a way to get into town, for a few days. That's when I'll be able to get the last bits I need to boot it up. I'll also post some pics of my case when it's done, I thinks it's going to look the bees knees.

Edited by ufindbatman

11 hours ago, ufindbatman said:

windows 10

OH GOD NO! Don't get 10, get 7. 

10 is a stinking piece of garbage.

And no need to go into town, you can get your copy at TPB. Cheap prices and fast delivery.

I understand (in your eyes) this is probably the worse time for me to be building a case from scratch. Before I did my own visuals, I remember waiting for proot to update his mod. It physically hurt my body, I desperately wanted the mod like a young boy wanting a cotton sheet between him and his grandmas itchy wool blanket. Yet he had things to do, and so do I. I don't have a vehicle or a way to get into town, for a few days. That's when I'll be able to get the last bits I need to boot it up.

Not too worry, I've deleted my whole install and put together a new RO+RP0 one with RVE. That will suffice to keep me busy for a while, so no rush.

I'll also post some pics of my case when it's done, I thinks it's going to look the bees knees.

Please do, love seeing different pc builds. Next year I'll be starting on mine, using the desk itself as the case, glass on top so you can see all the pretty colors and liquids moving about.

Something similar to this:

http://cdn.thisiswhyimbroke.com/images/crossdesk-computer-desk-station.jpg

Edited by JeeF

@JeeF, just suggesting, I don't think it's wise to suggest on forums like this to get people things on TPB... 

Another note, 10 is in fact better for gaming than 7. 
Yess the pre versions of 10 where buggy, but so where those of 7. 10 is now much smoother, needs less potato to run etc. But that offtopic here hahaha

@ufindbatman, love to see it when it's all finished. :) And take your time on maintaining the mod. It's in your own free time etc. 

Edited by DrLicor

@DrLicor 10 is a dumbed down version of 7. This guy is building his own case and he's modding the game, therefore he's an advanced user. Advanced users hate dumbed down versions of softwares. All the big icons and crap added, all the advanced settings and tools removed or hidden away, visually I find it uglier too. The ONLY promising thing about Windows 10 is Directx 12, and at the moment most games are running slower in Directx 12 compared to 11 (do a quick google search and you'll see some ugly benchmarks). The thing is, for a game to take advantage of the new D12 API, it's engine needs to be developed from the ground up to use it's benefits, and at the moment I think only a couple of titles have.

At the moment, if you're a gamer, moving to Windows 10 will in fact give you less fps in general, averaging all your games. I'm pretty sure KSP get no benefit from the change. Unity 5 is largely CPU based, KSP was never graphically intensive and KSP doesn't have Directx 12 support (I think). I'll be more than happy to see benchmarks of KSP in Windows 7 vs 10 using the same hardware, but really surprised if Windows 10 offers better FPS at all. If it does, I might consider switching to it myself, providing I can find a way to make the start menu and overall look of it similar to Windows 7 Aero. I'm sure there are tools released for that already.

But back on topic! :)

Edited by JeeF

windows 10 has been outstanding for me. I just recently upgraded to 10 last month. its smooth as butter. Its all personal taste at this point. its like the Playstation Xbox debate. Both are good but both are different. Both OS' here are pretty good. I just think windows 7 looks a bit outdated for my taste. THAT was the only reason i upgraded, but im glad i did. 10 seems a lot smoother to me.

Edited by Galileo

8 hours ago, JeeF said:

OH GOD NO! Don't get 10, get 7. 

10 is a stinking piece of garbage.

6 hours ago, DrLicor said:

10 is in fact better for gaming than 7. Yess the pre versions of 10 where buggy, but so where those of 7. 10 is now much smoother, needs less potato to run etc. But that offtopic here hahaha

6 hours ago, JeeF said:

@DrLicor 10 is a dumbed down version of 7. This guy is building his own case and he's modding the game, therefore he's an advanced user. Advanced users hate dumbed down versions of softwares. All the big icons and crap added, all the advanced settings and tools removed or hidden away, visually I find it uglier too.

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

windows 10 has been outstanding for me. I just recently upgraded to 10 last month. its smooth as butter. Its all personal taste at this point. its like the Playstation Xbox debate. Both are good but both are different. Both OS' here are pretty good. I just think windows 7 looks a bit outdated for my taste. THAT was the only reason i upgraded, but im glad i did. 10 seems a lot smoother to me.

I agree with all, I find windows 10 will probably not be friendly to me, mainly due to what @JeeF said " All the big icons and crap added, all the advanced settings and tools removed or hidden away" I know a lot about windows 7 and can navigate around everything easily, windows 10 will take some getting used to. The performance like @Galileo said, I find can go either way, but that makes sense, windows 10 is Microsofts baby at the moment, and windows 7 is all polished and simple to use. Win 10 "was" crappy and buggy at first but it seems to be a lot better now, also since it's microsofts baby it will no doubt get better over time where as win 7 will be left in the cold. The main reason why I shifted over is because some people are having problems with the mod using windows 10, I'm not saying that win 10 is the problem, but I thought I might as well build my pc to be as close to theirs to help fix the issue.

no need to go into town, you can get your copy at TPB. Cheap prices and fast delivery. Not too worry, I've deleted my whole install and put together a new RO+RP0 one with RVE. That will suffice to keep me busy for a while, so no rush.

@JeeF, just suggesting, I don't think it's wise to suggest on forums like this to get people things on TPB...

Hahahaha TPB, you dirty pirate Jeef. I already have a win 10 key and the software, but what I don't have is a blank disc or an 8gb usb to put the software on and boot my pc off of. Also nice work on setting up a temporary install with RVE, gives me a little relief to know your not suffering in the dark without E.T. lololol

Please do, love seeing different pc builds. Next year I'll be starting on mine, using the desk itself as the case, glass on top so you can see all the pretty colors and liquids moving about. Something similar to this:

http://cdn.thisiswhyimbroke.com/images/crossdesk-computer-desk-station.jpg

@ufindbatman, love to see it when it's all finished. :) And take your time on maintaining the mod. It's in your own free time etc. 

Hey, don't expect my case build to be a masterpiece lolol. I'm trying to build it as cool as possible, but most likely it will have a few rough edges. @JeeF Awww yeah, those desk builds are cool, it will be a great feeling if you go for it and finish it up. Definitely post some pics of it if you do decide to build. I will post pics of mine as well.

Edited by ufindbatman

9 minutes ago, ufindbatman said:

Hahahaha TPB, you dirty pirates. 

Moderators, I've absolutely no idea what he's talking about. TPB is a computer store close to my house.

@Galileo I was making reference to the start menu. But like I said, the crappy visuals are not the problem, as they are fixable with 3rd-party softwares to make them look like anything you want. The problem is, as I said, at the very moment Windows 10 has a worse gaming performance than Windows 7 in ALL titles I currently own and play. Yes, Windows 10 is just a baby and no, it's not Microsoft's fault that the performance is worse, the problem is Directx 12 is a brand new API and videogame engines need to be written from scratch to take full advantage of what DX12 has to offer. It's not just about making a new game for DX12 or making an existing game compatible to DX12. No. The WHOLE engine that the game is based upon has to be re-written from the ground up to use what DX12 has to offer, and that is something that will take years to happen. So, maybe around 2019, when Win 10 is finally better than 7 for games, I'll make the switch, as switching it now will bring mostly disadvantages. 

@Galileo How do you find navigating around? it's not really an issue, just something I know will be a little different, and take some time getting used to. Also sweet, I hate Win 8, I have it on the laptop I'm using. Ultimately I see no real negative to win 10 at the moment for me, I don't play much games the main thing is that I'll probably be using google a bit to help me get used to a lot of advanced options. Also I have a win 7 key and can always switch back if I want.

Edited by ufindbatman

16 minutes ago, JeeF said:

@ufindbatman Do you have an ETA on the development of your computer case?

lmao

I've finished the ram front plate and gpu housing (make sense when I post pics) also the front and back of the case. Today I will be working on the psu housing, the mobo mount, and cutting slots for wires. I still need to make the main fan mount and casing, the mobo armor (maybe), mirror polish the aluminium, and make the custom pipe wiring and sleeving. A lot of this will make sense when I post pics, I might post some later today. No real finish date yet, but won'r be too long.

Edit: I can't spell for poo.

Edited by ufindbatman

I'm hoping you'll make the side-panels out of acrylic to see all the pretty colors inside? 

I'm surprised I haven't received a warning for demanding update ETAs.

23 minutes ago, JeeF said:

I'm hoping you'll make the side-panels out of acrylic to see all the pretty colors inside? 

I'm surprised I haven't received a warning for demanding update ETAs.

You guessed it, it's mainly an open case, but you can place a side acrylic panel on it. I love seeing the inside of a case.

I don't care at all about people asking for update ETAs. I understand people want to know what's happening on my end with the mod, as they are usually excited and waiting in the dark. I can't really give precise dates because I'm a free, sort of stumble around and bump into updates kind of guy. Sometimes I pull an all nighter due to enjoying making the next update, sometimes I'm a sloth not interested in sitting in front of the pc for awhile. As long as people don't start demanding updates and saying I owe them like what I see on youtube vids. Otherwise I don't mind and they can ask what's happening with the mod. I'll be honest and say what I'm doing and the answer may be "I'm doing nothing, just eating junk food" lol.

Edit: or is it moderators who get disappointed with people asking for ETAs? I don't know.

Edit 2: Geez, get it together man, my spelling is junk.

Edited by ufindbatman

1 hour ago, ufindbatman said:

Sometimes I pull an all nighter due to enjoying making the next update, sometimes I'm a sloth not interested in sitting in front of the pc for awhile. 

I know what you mean, I'm exactly the same

1 hour ago, ufindbatman said:

Edit: or is it moderators who get disappointed with people asking for ETAs? I don't know.

Moderators are only trying to protect the mod-makers who dislike people showing interest in their mods by means of asking for ETA or progression reports.

I too don't understand. But that's another topic, and one we should avoid around here if you want to keep your head. :wink:

2 hours ago, ufindbatman said:

@Galileo How do you find navigating around? it's not really an issue, just something I know will be a little different, and take some time getting used to. Also sweet, I hate Win 8, I have it on the laptop I'm using. Ultimately I see no real negative to win 10 at the moment for me, I don't play much games the main thing is that I'll probably be using google a bit to help me get used to a lot of advanced options. Also I have a win 7 key and can always switch back if I want.

navigation was something i was worried about, but windows kept pretty close to what has worked in the past so it came pretty naturally. I won't switch back.

1 hour ago, dafidge9898 said:

Any suggestions for improving performance? Mine is lagging a lot, and I have 32 gigs of ram and a gtx 980

I.2.2 or 1.1.3? if it's 1.2.2 that's what everybody is waiting for me to fix, but I don't have a pc at the moment. I'd say the problem is probably the night lights. I could be wrong. Your pc should be good what fps are you getting while on the pad, and in orbit. Or is the problem more of a stutter.

Edited by ufindbatman

33 minutes ago, ufindbatman said:

I.2.2 or 1.1.3? if it's 1.2.2 that's what everybody is waiting for me to fix, but I don't have a pc at the moment. I'd say the problem is probably the night lights. I could be wrong. Your pc should be good what fps are you getting while on the pad, and in orbit. Or is the problem more of a stutter.

1.2.2. There's so much lag even at the KSC; It takes like four seconds to click on a building. But no rush, and thanks!

Considering the previous comments i'm a little puzzled by the fact this runs more smoothely than any RVE setup i have ever had before. I'll take it, thank you :) version is 1.22

My system: i7 4770, Radeon hd7970, 24GB DDR 3

On ‎01‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 0:43 PM, mcdouble said:

On ‎05‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 4:53 AM, dafidge9898 said:

Any suggestions for improving performance? Mine is lagging a lot, and I have 32 gigs of ram and a gtx 980

I also ran into the problem of having 0-1 fps then after a quick search i found out that we should run KSP in direct X 11 to insure compatibility with E.T.

Have you tried that?

If you don't know how to do it:

- Create a shortcut of "ksp_x64.exe"

- In the shortcut's properties, add -force-d3d11 to the target

- Use this shortcut to play

If you installed it via Steam:

-Right clic on Kerbal Space Program in Steam

- Properties

-Define launch setting (not sure of the translation)

-add -force-d3d11