Blocking docking contracts?

Hey peeps,

Is there a way to stop the game generating "dock two vessels around <body>" as a contract?

I don't want to do them. I'm running 3.2x, launches are expensive and I don't want to waste my time on sending so much as a pair of microprobes up. I've landed on and returned from both moons, I want to move on, and I don't want to have to go on a docking spree first before I get some contracts for other planets... Ideally I'd like to never see this type of explore contract again. Sometimes I want to dock in orbit, sometimes I don't, there's no need to nag me about it.

On the brink of hyperediting things into places because I'm so sick of seeing this missions.

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Spricigo said:

You may just decline it, the penalty its rather small and the game will reduce the chance of a new contract of this type being offered.

Not deline-able... eventually they expire, and get replaced by another docking contract :( 

Might accept and alt-f12 them -_- 

These are part of the World's First contracts.  The way to avoid them is to do it before they ever come up.  At some point I end up getting satellite contracts.  I just send them up with a DP Jr. on the front and rendezvous them with another one eventually before they matter.

Ultimately, my biome landers usually need refuelers, so I just complete these then, if not beforehand.

However, no, you can't shut them off, they're hard coded, at least in stock.  Contract Manager MIGHT have something you can work with, I haven't explored killing off the world's first contracts with it.

17 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

However, no, you can't shut them off, they're hard coded, at least in stock.  Contract Manager MIGHT have something you can work with, I haven't explored killing off the world's first contracts with it.

I was afraid that might be the answer :/  That could get annoying when I've got a probe around, say, Eve and the contract system gets hung up on docking there rather than offering something for landing on Duna! Really, if you've landed somewhere, it could do with knocking things on to the next destination.

I'll probably just cheat the one for the moon. There's one around the homeworld that I might as well do since I want to launch a science station with a replaceable module anyway. Presumably I can just pop a bit off then re-attach it 30 seconds later...

what would be really nice, would be it recognizing rendezvous and docking from ships that were once attached.

ei. my lander descends to the surface of the moon, goes back to orbit and redocks with the command vessel.  the game doesnt recognize that. 

i will often finish all of the mun and minmus with 1 launch each, or even just 1 altogether,  so the game will forever be asking me to dock around the mun or minmus.

52 minutes ago, DD_bwest said:

i will often finish all of the mun and minmus with 1 launch each, or even just 1 altogether,  so the game will forever be asking me to dock around the mun or minmus.

Guess that answers my question/assumption above :/  I'll just cheat them completed, then subtract the rewards again. Not prepared to faff around with two launches I don't want to do just for some silly contract that's got fixated on a particular destination.

Really needs to be the case that launch -> land -> return just ends all "explore" contracts for that body, imho.

1 hour ago, eddiew said:

I'll probably just cheat the one for the moon. There's one around the homeworld that I might as well do since I want to launch a science station with a replaceable module anyway. Presumably I can just pop a bit off then re-attach it 30 seconds later...

Similar to the transfer crafts world's firsts, they have to have two different grandparents or it won't count.

I disagree with the launch/land/return, however, but that's because in Hard Career I milk the heck out of those contracts.  My first lander is usually some piddly little thing, not meant for long term arrival.  My biome hopper, however, is a different animal that needs crew sent to it, refuelers, etc.

Edited by WanderingKid

Basically I got bored and cheated them away by editing the save file to make the game think I performed dockings whenever I was doing a rendezvous (which has happened around all relevant bodies, I just lacked a Klaw at the time). Now the game has fixated upon the same thing on just one planet, and I'm clearly not going to get anything except that particular mission until I do that as well...

I don't often ask for RNG, but IMHO this is a terrible addition to the contracts system. Sometimes you naturally want to dock stuff in orbit; sometimes you don't. Stop offering the same contract over and over! :( 

15 minutes ago, regex said:

I'm really disappointed here, I thought that would be configurable in the Contracts.cfg...

Unfortunately, this is the entire section for World's First Contracts:

Progression // World First Contracts and Milestones {  
DisableTutorialContracts = False // Whether World First ignores first launch, reach space, and orbit home  
DisableProgressionContracts = False // Whether World First ignores the line of contracts after the tutorial  MaxDepthRecord = 750 // The maximum depth to reach in the depth record track  
MaxDistanceRecord = 100000 // The maximum distance to reach in the distance record track  
MaxSpeedRecord = 2500 // The maximum speed to reach in the speed record track  
OutlierMilestoneMultiplier = 1.5 // What to multiply rewards by on hard requests like returning from atmospheric landings  
PassiveBaseRatio = 0.2 // What base portion of the total World First contract reward is granted passively  
PassiveBodyRatio = 0.3 // How much the body multiplier affects passive progression  
RecordSplit = 5 // How many intervals are in the speed, altitude, and distance record tracks  
Funds  {   
	BaseReward = 80000 // The base funds reward of a progress node including passive and contract income  }  
Science  {   
	BaseReward = 8 // The base science reward of a progress node including passive and contract income  }  
Reputation  {   
	BaseReward = 16 // The base reputation reward of a progress node including passive and contract income  } 
}

You can't control the contracts themselves, unfortunately, only the modifiers.

i will say that once you are at a new body, you will start getting worlds first contracts for that body from time to time.   so if you only see a worlds first to dock aroudn mun, warping a few days to shuffle contracts could very well change the worlds first on the list to something more useful around a body youre just beginning to explore

29 minutes ago, DD_bwest said:

so if you only see a worlds first to dock aroudn mun, warping a few days to shuffle contracts could very well change the worlds first on the list to something more useful around a body youre just beginning to explore

I've found the list to be frustratingly stagnant once you trigger a contract for World's First.  In particular, there's a "Dock around Mun" one that comes in almost always after the Minmus contracts start up, somewhere after orbit and return and lander.  It forces you to return to Mun, progression wise, if you don't clear it before it shows up.

I don't know why it does this, but I understand the OP's frustration with it.

13 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

I've found the list to be frustratingly stagnant once you trigger a contract for World's First.  In particular, there's a "Dock around Mun" one that comes in almost always after the Minmus contracts start up, somewhere after orbit and return and lander.  It forces you to return to Mun, progression wise, if you don't clear it before it shows up.

Yeah, basically that's my problem. It seems like the only way to 'clear' a planet is to send two vessels in two separate launches at the same time, dock them when they arrive, then have one land and return. Until all of these are done, then the contracts are going to remain at that planet.

(Unless you can dock around the homeworld, separate on arrival, and re-dock? Not sure how much tracking of where vessels came from is going on... I'd test it, if I could be bothered :P)

Going to be a bugger if it gets stuck on Eve early in your game :(  Send your first probes to Duna regardless of where the contracts are trying to send you!

Edited by eddiew

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.