[1.9.x] All Y'All Continued - One-Button Common Action Grouping

linuxgurugamer

1 minute ago, zer0Kerbal said:

any way to have this recognize the engineonarm? (extend/thrust/etc?)

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What?

apologies, multitasking brain.

any way to have this mod (ALLYALL) recognize OrbitalTug's Engine (engineonarm) : so could extend multiple (all) engines at once, or reverse their thrust or mode change? Maybe it does and I just have things installed wrong or am suffering from multitasking brain.

1 minute ago, zer0Kerbal said:

apologies, multitasking brain.

any way to have this mod (ALLYALL) recognize OrbitalTug's Engine (engineonarm) : so could extend multiple (all) engines at once, or reverse their thrust or mode change? Maybe it does and I just have things installed wrong or am suffering from multitasking brain.

Not easily.  I assume they extend using a ModuleAnimateGeneric?  

Each type has to be coded in, if I like the tug enough I mike make a custom module for it.

But why cant you do it in action groups?

57 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not easily.  I assume they extend using a ModuleAnimateGeneric?  

Each type has to be coded in, if I like the tug enough I mike make a custom module for it.

But why cant you do it in action groups?

I guess I am just lazy .

Am hoping you like the OTug enough. :)

Spoiler

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
		animationName = extendArm
		layer = 11
		startEventGUIName = Extend 
		endEventGUIName = Retract
		actionGUIName = Toggle Arm
		animSwitch = True
	}

MODULE
	{
		animationName = rotateThrust
		layer = 13
		startEventGUIName = Set Reverse Thrust
		endEventGUIName = Set Normal Thrust
		actionGUIName = Toggle Thrust Direction
		animSpeed = 1000
		animSwitch = True
		allowAnimationWhileShielded = false
	}

and

Spoiler

MODULE
	{
		name = MultiModeEngine
		primaryEngineID = LF
		secondaryEngineID = MONO
	}

5 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

I guess I am just lazy .

Am hoping you like the OTug enough. :)

Reveal hidden contents

MODULE
	{
		animationName = extendArm
		layer = 11
		startEventGUIName = Extend 
		endEventGUIName = Retract
		actionGUIName = Toggle Arm
		animSwitch = True
	}

MODULE
	{
		animationName = rotateThrust
		layer = 13
		startEventGUIName = Set Reverse Thrust
		endEventGUIName = Set Normal Thrust
		actionGUIName = Toggle Thrust Direction
		animSpeed = 1000
		animSwitch = True
		allowAnimationWhileShielded = false
	}

and

Reveal hidden contents

MODULE
	{
		name = MultiModeEngine
		primaryEngineID = LF
		secondaryEngineID = MONO
	}

I haven't even looked at 1.7.1 yet, but I'm wondering if the KAL1000 might be able to control these.

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I haven't even looked at 1.7.1 yet, but I'm wondering if the KAL1000 might be able to control these.

just tried - and wasn't able to connect the engines into KAL1000. (straight out of the box so to speak)

21 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, for now, let's concentrate on a release for 1.6.1, leave the new stuff for later

the other option (the more sane one) (if possible) is to update the engines themselves to make the engines work with allyall? - since the mod is being worked on - on the backburner?

2 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

the other option (the more sane one) (if possible) is to update the engines themselves to make the engines work with allyall? - since the mod is being worked on - on the backburner?

Unfortunately that can't be done. Real fuels is using their own part module which is required in order to work correctly. 

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Unfortunately that can't be done. Real fuels is using their own part module which is required in order to work correctly. 

thank you.

can't know if one doesn't ask.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 2 weeks later...

New release, 0.11.17

• Fixed bug in PAW for drills, when extending or retracting all, menu would not update properly
  • Deleted unnecessary "using" lines
  • Added general purpose AYA_ModuleGenericAnimation

AYA_ModuleGenericAnimation

• All parameters for ModuleGenericAnimation are valid
  • Following new values are used:
    • extendAll         Message to display in PAW when parts are retracted.  Defaults to: "Extend all parts"
    • retractAll        Message for when parts are extended/deployed.  Defaults to:  "Retract all parts"
    • closedPosition    The animation value for when the parts are closed.  Defaults to 0, if the parts are closed when the animation is run then set this equal to 1

AYA_ModuleGenericAnimation will be used in the upcoming re-release of the OrbitalTug mod

@linuxgurugamer I have a question for you about an issue i'm having, and I'm curious if anyone else is reporting it. sometimes, not every time, when i have a kerbal on EVA, I get 2 perform all science buttons:

bwpFiRK.jpg

Ignore the multiple inventory buttons, that was a KIS issue I've got sorted already.

Now the really curious part is, when i test on a clean install with allyall only, i have yet to see it, but if i take that clean install with only allyall, and add the latest version of the KRASH mod, which you maintain, i begin to see this, occasionally in my flights. If i run simulations, the frequency of occurrence increases, but even during simulations i will sometimes not see it happen. I NEVER saw this before 1.7, but i didn't play before the breaking ground dlc, so i'm not sure if this is somehow related to breaking ground, [which i doubt] some failure of install on my end, [with my luck, probably], or some other problem that's actually stemming from a mod interaction issue? output log below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ev0w5vtw5i1g0a/output_log.txt?dl=0

This is a minor visual issue that seems to be harmless and i can live with it, as is, but i thought i should ask about it. just because it seems harmless now, doesn't mean it is, and even if it's just something broken on my end and not an actual mod issue, maybe other eyes can tell me where i've screwed up.

Edited by vardicd

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

@linuxgurugamer I have a question for you about an issue i'm having, and I'm curious if anyone else is reporting it. sometimes, not every time, when i have a kerbal on EVA, I get 2 perform all science buttons:

bwpFiRK.jpg

Ignore the multiple inventory buttons, that was a KIS issue I've got sorted already.

Now the really curious part is, when i test on a clean install with allyall only, i have yet to see it, but if i take that clean install with only allyall, and add the latest version of the KRASH mod, which you maintain, i begin to see this, occasionally in my flights. If i run simulations, the frequency of occurrence increases, but even during simulations i will sometimes not see it happen. I NEVER saw this before 1.7, but i didn't play before the breaking ground dlc, so i'm not sure if this is somehow related to breaking ground, [which i doubt] some failure of install on my end, [with my luck, probably], or some other problem that's actually stemming from a mod interaction issue? output log below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ev0w5vtw5i1g0a/output_log.txt?dl=0

This is a minor visual issue that seems to be harmless and i can live with it, as is, but i thought i should ask about it. just because it seems harmless now, doesn't mean it is, and even if it's just something broken on my end and not an actual mod issue, maybe other eyes can tell me where i've screwed up.

Off hand, it sounds like an extra dll somewhere, but it's odd that it only happens sometimes.  But, I also noticed that you had multiple Inventory buttons there, which seems to indicate a deeper problem than a single extra dll.

I didn't see anything odd in the log file.  The Perform All Science may be from the All Y'All mod, but with all the mods you have installed, I'm not sure if there is another mod which does the same thing.

I'll keep it in mind with future reports from other people.

Sorry if this is off-topic... As a general rule, is it "troublesome" to have multiple copies of a DLL in the GameData folder?

I just took inventory of mine and there are:

• lots of copies of MiniAVC.dll.
  • 3 copies of KSPDev_Utils.1.2.dll spread over:
    • EasyVesselSwitch
    • KAS
    • KIS

Should I be concerned with those?

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Off hand, it sounds like an extra dll somewhere, but it's odd that it only happens sometimes.  But, I also noticed that you had multiple Inventory buttons there, which seems to indicate a deeper problem than a single extra dll.

I didn't see anything odd in the log file.  The Perform All Science may be from the All Y'All mod, but with all the mods you have installed, I'm not sure if there is another mod which does the same thing.

I'll keep it in mind with future reports from other people.

yeah the multiple inventory buttons was a KIS install issue that i've already gotten fixed, I just re-used that screenshot. I'm just really confused as to why this started happening. This was the same install that i was playing on KSP 1.6.x, I just brought it over to 1.7.2, and nothing changed in the install, other than me updating KIS/KAS, to be rid of the inventory glitch, and i thingk, restock/restock+, and earn your stripes. If i roll this same install back to 1.6.x the double perform all science buttons goes away. I'm just not sure why, or what other mod I'd have that might be causing it. I'll keep playing around with it and see what i can figure out. Let you know if i learn anything significant.

Heya, I was looking through All Y'all's CFG entries and noticed the seperate entries for MODULE[DM*] and MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment].
I recently updated one of my personal tweakmods to cover all science experiments regardless of module. That way may be of use to All Y'all too:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[*]:HAS[#experimentID[*]]]:FOR[]

That should net you all science modules whether they're stock, DMagic-added, UniversalStorage-added, etc.

Edit: The reason I was looking through the CFGs was because I was seeing double "Do all Science" entries on my kerbals sometimes. Usually when they were hanging off a pod for a 'flying' EVA report, which for some reason they could not do at that moment..
Adding this due to this being reported before as well. I removed All Y'all for now, but if you have an idea on steps I can follow to narrow down the cause, let me know and I'll install it again.

Edit 2: Output.log -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/syi8bx1abv94lbo/qwerty_output_log.zip?dl=0 there's quite a few nullrefs in there though so I don't know how valid even the previous issue was. (kopernicus footprints, which has now been removed, and I think clickthroughblocker which may have just been a one time thing from kopernicus nullrefs?)

Edited by Jognt

12 minutes ago, Jognt said:

recently updated one of my personal tweakmods to cover all science experiments regardless of module. That way may be of use to All Y'all too:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[*]:HAS[#experimentID[*]]]:FOR[]

Why the trailing FOR , it looks like a donothing thing

15 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Why the trailing FOR , it looks like a donothing thing

Because I removed the name of myMod and it looked naked when I removed the whole FOR. :)

Edit: And it's a slight hint that All Y'all doesn't really use FOR which means that mods adding experiments in their own FOR pass won't be 'supported' by All Y'all because All Y'all is done adding modules by the time those get added. Though in that case an AFTER or a LAST would be better <_<

Edit 2: The Multiple entries on kerbals thing may be due to every suit type being a different 'part'?

Edit 3: ModuleManager.configcache has 2 parts named KerbalEVA (one for stock, one for BreakingGround). The second one adds the ROCScience to the regular Kerbal, but both 'parts' have All Y'all's science module. Could be due to how Squad merges parts (apparently?) that causes the two All Y'all modules to be merged in? Could work around that by excluding parts that don't have any of the regular partAttributes set?

Edited by Jognt

1 hour ago, Jognt said:

Because I removed the name of myMod and it looked naked when I removed the whole FOR. :)

Edit: And it's a slight hint that All Y'all doesn't really use FOR which means that mods adding experiments in their own FOR pass won't be 'supported' by All Y'all because All Y'all is done adding modules by the time those get added. Though in that case an AFTER or a LAST would be better <_<

Edit 2: The Multiple entries on kerbals thing may be due to every suit type being a different 'part'?

Edit 3: ModuleManager.configcache has 2 parts named KerbalEVA (one for stock, one for BreakingGround). The second one adds the ROCScience to the regular Kerbal, but both 'parts' have All Y'all's science module. Could be due to how Squad merges parts (apparently?) that causes the two All Y'all modules to be merged in? Could work around that by excluding parts that don't have any of the regular partAttributes set?

The FOR is actually dangerous.  In your case, it's not doing anything, but if one mod (mod A) has a FOR which specifies another mod (mod B), then MM will work on the assumption that mod B is there when it is actually not.

I'm going to add your suggestion as a potential feature for a future update, thanks

18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The FOR is actually dangerous.  In your case, it's not doing anything, but if one mod (mod A) has a FOR which specifies another mod (mod B), then MM will work on the assumption that mod B is there when it is actually not.

I'm going to add your suggestion as a potential feature for a future update, thanks

Thats precisely why I left it empty. You wouldnt include an empty FOR, and theres no modB to trigger. 

Of course its setup FOR my own tweaks folder locally. :) 

The reason a FOR[myself/something] is important is because of the order of patching. Patches without a directive are executed before the BEFORE/FOR/AFTER passes. This means currently patches are done before almost everyone else adds/removes stuff. Which can cause problems and incompatibilities.

==================

Other than that: Any ideas on the duplicated "Perform all science" PAW entries?

Edit: I know why it's only 'sometimes' that I get the double entry. The new futuristic suit is its own part, whereas the vintage and regular suits are a mashup of the Stock KerbalEVA and the Serenity KerbalEVA that adds the ROCScience to them.
All Y'all adds its modules to all three of them, but in the case of the vintage/stock suits they get both their 'own' module and the module from the Serenity ROCScience KerbalEVA added to them. The Futuristic suit is its own part so that isn't affected.

Edited by Jognt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...