[1.9.x] All Y'All Continued - One-Button Common Action Grouping

linuxgurugamer

On 8/12/2019 at 3:07 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes, it will.  

so I tried to get it to work, using CKAN, and using 1.7.3 with both DLC's. For some reason it doesn't seem to work. I tried with many other mods, no mods (outside of just the module manager), and it doesn't seem to work. It worked fine when the game was 1.7.2. I foolishly updated the game, and updated all the mods, nothing else changed. every other mod I had seems to work. I then re-installed the game (making sure to delete all files), tried both ways, same results.

10 hours ago, betony1 said:

so I tried to get it to work, using CKAN, and using 1.7.3 with both DLC's. For some reason it doesn't seem to work. I tried with many other mods, no mods (outside of just the module manager), and it doesn't seem to work. It worked fine when the game was 1.7.2. I foolishly updated the game, and updated all the mods, nothing else changed. every other mod I had seems to work. I then re-installed the game (making sure to delete all files), tried both ways, same results.

That's strange, please provide a log file.  It doesn't have any dependencies on other mods

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stratickus said:

Was the Perform All Science feature removed at some point? I checked a few pages back, but didn't see anything. The Extend All Solar Panels, Radiators etc work just fine, but none of my science experiments have the option to Perform All Science.

Cheers,

I'm pretty sure that Perform All Science is only available on parts that have command.

3 hours ago, Stratickus said:

Was the Perform All Science feature removed at some point? I checked a few pages back, but didn't see anything. The Extend All Solar Panels, Radiators etc work just fine, but none of my science experiments have the option to Perform All Science.

Cheers,

Works just fine for me.  (Only applies to stock-like science experiments I believe - ones using other science modules may not support.)

16 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

I'm pretty sure that Perform All Science is only available on parts that have command.

14 hours ago, DStaal said:

Works just fine for me.  (Only applies to stock-like science experiments I believe - ones using other science modules may not support.)

Thanks guys, must be some sort of issue on my end. I do have several added science mods, but neither the stock science experiments nor the added ones have the Perform All Science option.

I'm running KSP 1.8.1 with All Y'all 0.1.18.3 installed via CKAN. I have uninstalled and reinstalled All Y'all multiple times both manually and with CKAN

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ec8bou4xd2a0d66/output_log.txt?dl=0

Cheers,

3 hours ago, Stratickus said:

Thanks guys, must be some sort of issue on my end. I do have several added science mods, but neither the stock science experiments nor the added ones have the Perform All Science option.

I'm running KSP 1.8.1 with All Y'all 0.1.18.3 installed via CKAN. I have uninstalled and reinstalled All Y'all multiple times both manually and with CKAN

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ec8bou4xd2a0d66/output_log.txt?dl=0

Cheers,

I just checked, it is still in there.

I’ll l look at your log file this evening.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just checked, it is still in there.

I’ll l look at your log file this evening.

Update: Curiously the Perform All Science option is available in the PAW for the DMagic Experiments, but none of the other science mods that I have, nor the stock/Squad science experiments. Not sure how/if this helps.

Hi!

I like this mod but have some problems with Service Modules SM-18, -25 and -6a.

They show option "Open all" on these modules, but they cannot be opened. If I'm not mistake they have no doors at all. This option disappears after attempt to use it, but who knows what happens with this glitch behind curtains.

Please look at it and best wishes as always!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 4:57 PM, betony1 said:

I don't know about anybody else, but I think mechjeb is messing with it! when I don't have it installed, it works fine. Not sure if this helps...

I have mechjeb installed as well, and this mod isn't working. Possible connection, but I haven't confirmed anything

Update:  I've fixed the DMagic code (it had to be replaced) as well as now supporting the DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric module.

There seems to be an issue with the MM patch not putting the AYA_Science on all the science parts, I'm going to look into that tomorrow.

Of course, if there was some kind soul who would take a look and tell me what's wrong, that will save me time and let me get the update out sooner.

I don't know if this is the issue with the MM patch, but it is one thing I noticed:

Currently AYA_Science is being added to all parts that have any module whose name begins with DM* --- this seems risky, since it will capture DMModuleScienceAnimate and also DMMagBoomModule and DM...everything else. Maybe better to have DMModuleScience* or DMModuleScienceAnimate* instead. This *MIGHT* cause duplicates depending on exactly what order patches run in, because:

This also may or may not be the issue, but for DMagic parts, there are two patches applying AYA_Science to DM* parts - one in AllYall.cfg, one in AllYall_Modsupport.cfg.

Bonus, for me anyway - I did not know you could nest HAS: things in ModuleManager! Now I know.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

22 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

I don't know if this is the issue with the MM patch, but it is one thing I noticed:

Currently AYA_Science is being added to all parts that have any module whose name begins with DM* --- this seems risky, since it will capture DMModuleScienceAnimate and also DMMagBoomModule and DM...everything else. Maybe better to have DMModuleScience* or DMModuleScienceAnimate* instead. This *MIGHT* cause duplicates depending on exactly what order patches run in, because:

This also may or may not be the issue, but for DMagic parts, there are two patches applying AYA_Science to DM* parts - one in AllYall.cfg, one in AllYall_Modsupport.cfg.

Bonus, for me anyway - I did not know you could nest HAS: things in ModuleManager! Now I know.

Good point, although the problem isn't with duplicates, that should still be addressed.  Oddly enough, it currently only shows up on the DMagic parts, although it does address all science.  If no solution shows up by Monday, I may delve into this on my modding stream

On 3/20/2020 at 6:40 PM, leatherneck6017 said:

That’s  not so right now, but may be a good solution to the problem.

43 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Problem with this is that the DMModuleScience is not directly used by many/most of the DMagicOrbitalScience part, they have unique modules which inherit DMModuleScience

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Good point, although the problem isn't with duplicates, that should still be addressed.  Oddly enough, it currently only shows up on the DMagic parts, although it does address all science.  If no solution shows up by Monday, I may delve into this on my modding stream

AH! one other possibility: Does the patch need to apply to parts specifically with ModuleScienceExperiment? If so, there simply isn't a patch for that in AllYall.cfg, the only patches that I see that have "ModuleScienceExperiment" have to do with other conditions too (kerbal EVA stuff)..

57 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

AH! one other possibility: Does the patch need to apply to parts specifically with ModuleScienceExperiment? If so, there simply isn't a patch for that in AllYall.cfg, the only patches that I see that have "ModuleScienceExperiment" have to do with other conditions too (kerbal EVA stuff)..

Well, those patches are where I think the problem is.  I think the filter for anything NOT kervalEVA is not working.  I’ve asked for help in the MM thread, will see what comes out

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

@linuxgurugamer  Hello again... 

I'm sure you're tired of hearing from me and I do apologize, but you make Great mods and I'm just trying to use them without having my log filled with errors.  Yes some errors can be ignored (although they shouldn't - they're there for a reason),  but according to my log count, I have 151 log errors just for AYA_AntennaRT not being found. 

Any idea what I'm missing to cause these?

I do see where I have 149 entries where it applied, so I believe the mod is working... just not sure if it's working completely as intended or if I'm missing an additional mod.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jNQlvjgdalUu1PMpkKwaFqmUPLtbCRkp/view?usp=share_link