[1.9.x] All Y'All Continued - One-Button Common Action Grouping

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 8:04 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.11.15

• Added ANY_Engine, to deactivate all engines, or activate all engines in current stage

Problemo: So I can shut down all engines, but the "activate all engines in current stage" doesn't seem to work. Activating/deactivating the engine normally works fine. 

Craft is just a short hopper, only engine is a 909. No errors in log.

Also, does this mod respect RemoteTech? I'm in a crewed capsule, but it doesn't have connection at the moment.

Otherwise, I'm really liking the mod - its usage with the Science Container is great - I had previously be making action groups to Perform All, Collect All, and Reset All, which was a hassle.

Ideas  - Parachutes? Decouplers? Not sure if they're the greatest ideas, but it could be useful for a lazy man's "Abort" but I'd understand it if it was a bit far afield. Maybe to be implemented like the engines "activate all x in current stage" - but then I suppose you could just stage them instead... :/

EDIT

Also - "Deactivate all SAS" = "Deactivate all RW" ...

Edited by Deimos Rast

5 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Problemo: So I can shut down all engines, but the "activate all engines in current stage" doesn't seem to work. Activating/deactivating the engine normally works fine. 

Craft is just a short hopper, only engine is a 909. No errors in log.

Also, does this mod respect RemoteTech? I'm in a crewed capsule, but it doesn't have connection at the moment.

Long time no see.

a craft file would be helpful.  I suspect an issue with the stage count, but would like to see the craft file to test.

and no, it does not know about RT

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Long time no see.

a craft file would be helpful.  I suspect an issue with the stage count, but would like to see the craft file to test.

and no, it does not know about RT

Yeah, I had a dream last night about rescuing Matt Damon from Mars, so I took it as a sign to play some KSP.

Bit strange though, since I've never even seen The Martian...:confused:

Craft

qbt54mW.png

13 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Yeah, I had a dream last night about rescuing Matt Damon from Mars, so I took it as a sign to play some KSP.

Bit strange though, since I've never even seen The Martian...:confused:

Craft

Thanks for the craft file.

I loaded it into a current save (sandbox), went ahead and launched it.  It's working for me, so there must be something else going on.

You can see the video I made here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6k8x8zjyo89s9r/AllyAll Engine test.mp4?dl=0

So now I would need the log file

Edit:  The above test was in 1.4.3, so I did it again in 1.4.5, same scenario.  In this test, i didn't see the PAW item, so I'll look into it

Edit 2:  CKAN isn't installing the newest version of All Y'All in 1.4.5, I'll look into that

Edit 3:  Helps to refresh CKAN :-)  (I hadn't, for this install)

Edit 4:  Confirmed bug.  Only in 1.4.5, works ok in 1.4.3.  Strange

Edited by linuxgurugamer

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.11.15.1:

• Fixed issue on 1.4.5 with the ANY_Engine, where it wasn't seeing engines in the current stage to activate, due to change in the way the current stage was calculated

It works, thanks.

I submitted a PR with a few suggestions, patches, mod support, etc.

Stuff here

RCS? DockingPorts? ISRU

Multiple AYA modules per part?
Deployable radiators have both ModuleDeployableRadiator and ModuleActiveRadiator

Cargobay?
ModuleAnimateGeneric vs ModuleCargoBay vs ModuleProceduralFairing

RemoteTech uses ModuleAnimateGeneric instead of ModuleDeployableAntenna
Do I make a patch assigning it AYA_CargoBay instead of AYA_Antenna?

CommandModules have a ModuleScienceExperiment and a ModuleScienceContainer
maybe use !MODULE[ModuleCommand] instead of :HAS[#canBeTransferredToInVessel[True]]
Currently doesn't cover the ScienceLab

AYA_Generic - a blank module that just deploys whatever it's attatched to
ScienceLabs
DockingPorts
RCS
ISRU

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]:HAS[#animationName[*]],!MODULE[AYA_Solar]]:FOR[AllYAll]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Solar
	}
}

How does the titling work?
If I change AYA_SAS to AYA_RW will it say "Activate all RW" instead of "Activate all SAS" or is there more to this module?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric],!MODULE[AYA_*]]:FOR[zzzAllYAll]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Generic
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[*]:HAS[#actionGUIName[*]],!MODULE[AYA_*]]:FOR[zzzAllYAll]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Generic
	}
}

4 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Stuff here

I took a look.

Couple of comments:

In your AllYAl.cfg, remove the "FOR", it's not needed.

Using the !MODULE is somewhat irrelevant, since, unless someone installed the mod two times, the cfg will only be run once

The mod support file is nice, I'll use it, but again, remove the FORs

and your ideas (my comments follow the quote):

Multiple AYA modules per part?

Should already work

Cargobay?

ModuleAnimateGeneric vs ModuleCargoBay vs ModuleProceduralFairing
RemoteTech uses ModuleAnimateGeneric instead of ModuleDeployableAntenna
Do I make a patch assigning it AYA_CargoBay instead of AYA_Antenna?

No, because ModuleAnimateGeneric is used for many things.  This may be something that it isn't worth fixing.  Besides, it won' t work.  A CargoBay part has both ModuleCargoBay AND ModuleAnimateGeneric.  This would require writing a new module, which I'm not going to do right now.

CommandModules have a ModuleScienceExperiment and a ModuleScienceContainer
maybe use !MODULE[ModuleCommand] instead of :HAS[#canBeTransferredToInVessel[True]]
Currently doesn't cover the ScienceLab

Please try this out and let me know how it goes.

AYA_Generic - a blank module that just deploys whatever it's attatched to

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
	animationName = doors_125
	actionGUIName = #autoLOC_502068 //#autoLOC_502068 = Toggle
	startEventGUIName = #autoLOC_502069 //#autoLOC_502069 = Open
	endEventGUIName = #autoLOC_502051 //#autoLOC_502051 = Close
	allowAnimationWhileShielded = False
}

The problem with this is there is no way to know if the part is open or closed.  Cargo Bays have a dedicated flag in the ModuleCargoBay part.  I would have to replace the ModuleAnimateGeneric with a something like:

AYA_ModuleAnimateGeneric 

which would inherit the standard ModuleAnimateGeneric, and then keep track of a open/closed flag myself.  But this would then have the possibility of interfering with other mods which may be looking for the ModuleAnimateGeneric module in that part.  I'll think about it, but am busy with another mod right now, so not sure if/when I'll get to this.

I just liked the idea of having a more generic module that the user could add via MM to specific parts that might be more tailored to their individual play style or to unique parts (e.g. all drogue chutes, but not all chutes), without having to create a whole new module for each new case. Or I guess that's what actions groups are for lol.  This whole thing may have been one of those ideas that sounds better when you're half asleep than not.

Keep in mind ModuleAnimateGeneric can also be used for Antenna, Lights, Cargobays. Closing all my cargo bays and turning off all my RemoteTech antenna at the same time sounds like a quick way to end a mission fast :P

Probably better to go for less modules included than more - more people probably need this for the 50+ solar panels than the handful of ISRU/Drills.

And keeping it included in non-deployable solar panels is probably a good idea, since they're probably the most readily accessible to click.

@5thHorseman @linuxgurugamer

--EDIT--

I checked the ScienceLab patch. Results

Adding "AYA_Science" to the ScienceLab let me "Perform All" the science experiments.

Adding "AYA_ScienceBox" to the ScienceLab allowed me to "Reset All Science" but not "Collect All Science" (it's the whole "canBeTransferredToInVessel" which the ScienceLab's ModuleScienceContainer lacks").

Still, since the ScienceLab has "canResetConnectedModules" & "canResetNearbyModules" the "Reset All Science" is a nice addition.

Edited by Deimos Rast
lab

16 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Keep in mind ModuleAnimateGeneric can also be used for Antenna, Lights, Cargobays. Closing all my cargo bays and turning off all my RemoteTech antenna at the same time sounds like a quick way to end a mission fast :P

Not cargobays.  They require two modules.

you should be able to set an actiongroup to trigger multiple allyall actions

• 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamerCould you add in support for the Aviation Lights mod? From what MOARdV said, they work like solar panels. I could add them in action group to light them all at once or when in flight turn one on at a time, like solar panels, which can be a pain. 

Thanks.

It may or may not be possible with Aviation Lights, they tend to have a lot more options on right-click, I think. I know there is a lot of option settings in the VAB. I think once a player picks a set-up in the VAB, the in-flight right-click menu is simplified to turn on and off.

Edited by therealcrow999

• 1 month later...

Those of you who've watched me on stream have seen the lag that I have.  I finally figured out where some of it was coming from.  

All Y'All was written using the LateUpdate to keep the PAW updated.  The problem with this was that it was being run on every part that there was an All Y'All module, 20x a second.  This adds up in a large vessel.

I'm pleased to say that I've fixed this, and am releasing the update now, along with a few other additions:

New release, 0.11.16

• Added NearFutureSolar panels to AYA_Solar
  • Added support for multiple ModuleAnimateGeneric and multiple ModuleCargoBay modules
  • Added patch for Mark IV Cargo Tail to fix 2 small bugs:
    • typo:  sstartEventGUIName
    • Wrong value for: closedPosition
  • Optimized code so that the PAW menu for parts is only updated when needed (when the mouse  goes over the part).  This is a very significant improvement, and is noticeable with large vessels which have lots of the following types of parts:
    • Cargo bays
    • Drills
    • Engines
    • Fuel Cells
    • SaS (reaction wheels)
    • Solar

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:38 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Those of you who've watched me on stream have seen the lag that I have.  I finally figured out where some of it was coming from.  

All Y'All was written using the LateUpdate to keep the PAW updated.  The problem with this was that it was being run on every part that there was an All Y'All module, 20x a second.  This adds up in a large vessel.

I'm pleased to say that I've fixed this, and am releasing the update now, along with a few other additions:

New release, 0.11.16

• Added NearFutureSolar panels to AYA_Solar
  • Added support for multiple ModuleAnimateGeneric and multiple ModuleCargoBay modules
  • Added patch for Mark IV Cargo Tail to fix 2 small bugs:
    • typo:  sstartEventGUIName
    • Wrong value for: closedPosition
  • Optimized code so that the PAW menu for parts is only updated when needed (when the mouse  goes over the part).  This is a very significant improvement, and is noticeable with large vessels which have lots of the following types of parts:
    • Cargo bays
    • Drills
    • Engines
    • Fuel Cells
    • SaS (reaction wheels)
    • Solar

Oh Thank you for this info and the fix,

it maybe premature but wow what a difference,

I wasn't sure but I noticed (after just mentioning in another thread the other day) that I use most of my resources 32Gig's <4 for the base OS usage> after some time with large ships and 45 mod's, I noticed your post and updated the mod , I now only use 12-14 total and after 4 hours(in 3 different tests-same mods) still no higher and normal GC's happen np (I didn't set anything with " memgraph" I didn't get to install that yet) wow this helped me.

I launched the game and loaded craft and edited for hours and my system at max used 11gig's I think this helped a lot- (usage of ksp.exe // per cruddy taskmrg for ease of testing). maybe a few gigs even shaved off

(-- PS. can you/we make Hangar extended go out further as with my new ship, I can only see 1/3 of it full out.-if i'm going away from ground(up) goes great. just not side view)

Thanks for keeping "all" of this running better and better each day.

so much fun so little time

Jammer-TD

• 5 months later...