Reviving the "Community Mods and Plugins Library"

Gaarst

Would you like a new Mods Library thread to be opened?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a new Mods Library thread to be opened?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care / I don't use mods

Searching for mods for KSP is a mess. I made the experience myself yesterday when searching for capsule mods, with neither Google nor the forum search feature giving me anything helpful; a few people answered to the thread I made, giving some obvious suggestions of well-known mods that for some reasons I didn't remember existed.

Until very recently, we used to have a Community Mods and Plugins Library thread which was essentially a thread aiming to gather all mods for KSP for people to be able to find them easily. Very ambitious but equally helpful. This thread was lost along several other add-ons thread in the beginning of January, and as I understand it there is little to no hope of getting it back.

So I'm wondering how many people would be interested by a new thread continuing this library.

I should be able to do it, but if someone wants to start one themselves, go ahead!

It's a cool idea, but there'd have to be a unique benefit over just going to SpaceDock because someone would have to copy all that info into a separate database (accurately) and maintain it on a daily basis so it didn't go out of date.

59 minutes ago, Tyko said:

It's a cool idea, but there'd have to be a unique benefit over just going to SpaceDock because someone would have to copy all that info into a separate database (accurately) and maintain it on a daily basis so it didn't go out of date.

Going to SpaceDock is good if you know what mod you want because AFAIK there is not search or categories there. A library is useful if you have a vague idea of what you want but don't know any precise mod name and can't be asked going through dozens of pages of Add-on Releases.

A library, as I imagine it, would just be a list of mods with links to their threads and a few words explaining what they do.

Meh, I'll do it. If anyone wants to help, giving some mods with brief descriptions would save me a lot of browsing.

It'll probably take a little time to get everything set up with versions and everything, but hopefully, there should be no major workload until 1.3 release (and then I or someone else will probably start a brand new thread to avoid a lot of confusion).

Edited by Gaarst
Putting letters in the right order

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.