Atmosphere looks weird

This doesn't really bother me, but it's a small annoyance and I'd like to get rid of it.

Kerbin's atmosphere cuts off as I ascent through it. It should continue to gain transparency, but it doesn't do that.. It isn't smooth at all, however physics are not affected by it.

At the bottom, the sky still looks normal, but around halfway through, it cuts to black space. It might happen in every atmosphere, but I don't know.

I have version 1.2 with no mods. Am I alone with it and if not, is there a way to fix it?

I can notice the atmosphere fades with altitude, but there's a discontinuity when it suddenly turns totally transparent, should be at the atmosphere limit. Possible that's what you are seeing too, therefore is normal.

But you may be seeing something else or more marked. Can you take one or more screenshots to show here and describe what you see in them? Also, could be important to know your graphics settings, GFX and drivers, the effect may show differently on your configuration (so, please upload and link output_log.txt or player.log and settings.cfg).

Yes, that is what I see. However, I remember that it has been smoother in previous versions. In 1.1 (from what I can see in videos) was not this strong.

Edit: This is what I'm talking about, in case it's still needed.

MhZnmhu.jpg

Edited by Delay
Adding information

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.