Community Mods and Plugins Library

Gaarst

Considering that some people appear to have issues with using the Google Docs spreadsheet format or are intimidated by it, I am considering adding a quick tutorial on how to use its filtering and sorting options to make using it easier for everybody. Anyone interested by such a thing?

30 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Yeah I understand that this is a problem for you, however for me (and I'm hoping for people who can read it) the spreadsheet gives more options than a massive text list on one post. I never really thought about people who wouldn't be able to read it (Google docs should work on any browser and there exists offline spreadsheet editors such as LibreOffice as mentioned above).

If you really want to access it I probably have a backup of the old library format that I could PM you, however be aware that it will be quite outdated; I should also be able to extract the raw text from the spreadsheet and paste it into a text tile, but formatting will be horrendous and links lost. As long as I am maintaining this list it is very likely it will remain on a spreadsheet format, but I'll try to think of alternative solutions for people in your situation.

I quite understand. I'm not volunteering to maintain the list on the forum, so I accept you will do what you think works best overall. I recognize that I'm not "entitled" to a list I didn't help create in the first place.

No need to PM me, but I appreciate the offer.

If you can find some way to publish snapshots, like maybe every six months or so, that would be appreciated. But if you can't, then thanks for considering it.

Edited by mikegarrison

1 hour ago, mikegarrison said:

I quite understand. I'm not volunteering to maintain the list on the forum, so I accept you will do what you think works best overall. I recognize that I'm not "entitled" to a list I didn't help create in the first place.

No need to PM me, but I appreciate the offer.

If you can find some way to publish snapshots, like maybe every six months or so, that would be appreciated. But if you can't, then thanks for considering it.

What exactly do you mean by snapshot? Something like all the entries in plain text? If so, writing a script to extract the contents automatically should be within my intellectual capacities.

14 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

What exactly do you mean by snapshot? Something like all the entries in plain text? If so, writing a script to extract the contents automatically should be within my intellectual capacities.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not all the features in the spreadsheet, but something that's at least better than paging through the forum looking for that one mod that I can't quite remember the name of but remember from when I used it with version 1.2.4 -- that sort of thing.

But only if it's not too much work for you.

6 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

No, I can't. I don't think you understand. My company, who owns my business computer, has forbidden access to Google docs (and all other such filesharing sites).

And frankly, I don't want to install a spreadsheet (free or otherwise) on my game computer.

Oh, I do understand the limitations on a business computer.

It's just that I always want an office suite on my computers just for gaming and Libre Office, being free and completely cross-platform, fits the bill.  Most games I end up taking notes in plain text.  But for the really complex ones I make more complex notes and tables and a spreadsheet is ideal for that.  Sometimes I even get to using the calculating functions of the spreadsheet.  I do work to keep down my game admin so not to cut too much into my game playing.  But a bit of admin does help, especially in the complex games.

1 minute ago, Jacke said:

Oh, I do understand the limitations on a business computer.

It's just that I always want an office suite on my computers just for gaming and Libre Office, being free and completely cross-platform, fits the bill.  Most games I end up taking notes in plain text.  But for the really complex ones I make more complex notes and tables and a spreadsheet is ideal for that.  Sometimes I even get to using the calculating functions of the spreadsheet.  I do work to keep down my game admin so not to cut too much into my game playing.  But a bit of admin does help, especially in the complex games.

Yeah, I've installed Open Office at home before. But it's just a lot of overhead to access one file.

As I said, though, I understand that doesn't mean I can push the overhead onto Gaarst.

40 minutes ago, mikegarrison said:

Yeah, I've installed Open Office at home before. But it's just a lot of overhead to access one file.

But don't you have a web browser on your gaming computer?  You can't just load the Google docs page in the browser and, well, browse it?  It's what I do.  I don't download the sheet.

13 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not all the features in the spreadsheet, but something that's at least better than paging through the forum looking for that one mod that I can't quite remember the name of but remember from when I used it with version 1.2.4 -- that sort of thing.

But only if it's not too much work for you.

I'll look into it, and try write a simple script to do this, probably this week-end.

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

J@Gaarst

Just an FYI:: I am now maintaining Too Many Orbits And do you have the Resonant Orbit Calculator in there, that's I wrote.

I have marked you as the owner of TMO and added ROC to the list!

@mikegarrison How does this look? (Keep in mind the forum page width limit messes up the spacing, but it all should be properly aligned when on a wider editor)

Edit: the forum editor seems to mess up the newlines when copying from it, I can upload a .txt file formatted properly if you want.

Edit2: right now it is sorted alphabetically, but I can sort it by category if you wish

Part Commander Continued                                  | Part Utility                     | 1.4.1    | Released                            | linuxgurugamer            | Hunting for the part to activate? No more! This mod consolidates all the right-click menus from parts on the active vessel into a single interface.                                                              |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 | 
Part Wizard Continued                                     | VAB/SPH                          | 1.4.1    | Released                            | linuxgurugamer            | Part Wizard is a vehicle design utility plugin that adds a few conveniences when building your next strut/booster carrier.                                                                                       |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 | 
PartOrganizer                                             | VAB/SPH                          | 1.2.1 +  | Development paused, patch available | ShotgunNinja              | This simple mod allow the creation of custom part categories in the KSP Editor.                                                                                                                                  | The mod is officially updated for KSP 1.2.1, but Jiraiyah has released a patch for 1.3.1, see the corresponding entry for download.                                                                                             | 
PartOrganizer (1.3.1 patch)                               | VAB/SPH                          | 1.3.1    | Patch released                      | Jiraiyah                  | This simple mod allow the creation of custom part categories in the KSP Editor.                                                                                                                                  | Unofficial 1.3.1 patch for the PartOrganizer mod originally by ShotgunNinja.                                                                                                                                                    | 
PartTweaks                                                | VAB/SPH                          | 1.3      | Released                            | Roovy                     | PartTweaks aims to improve the working in editor and making parts more realistic.                                                                                                                                |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 | 

Edited by Gaarst

22 minutes ago, mikegarrison said:

Great, thanks. I would vote for arranging it by category, FWIW, like the old list was arranged.

Categories sorted alphabetically is the best I can do and did. You mentioned you didn't have access to file sharing site, I take DropBox and the like is out? Raw pasting then?

1 hour ago, Gaarst said:

(Keep in mind the forum page width limit messes up the spacing, but it all should be properly aligned when on a wider editor)

Edit: the forum editor seems to mess up the newlines when copying from it, I can upload a .txt file formatted properly if you want.

You can use the code tool "<>" to have a fixed pitched inclusion, like this.

Part Commander Continued                                 | Part Utility                     | 1.4.1    | Released                            | linuxgurugamer            | Hunting for the part to activate? No more! This mod consolidates all the right-click menus from parts on the active vessel into a single interface.                                                              |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 | 
Part Wizard Continued                                     | VAB/SPH                          | 1.4.1    | Released                            | linuxgurugamer            | Part Wizard is a vehicle design utility plugin that adds a few conveniences when building your next strut/booster carrier.                                                                              |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 | 
PartOrganizer                                             | VAB/SPH                          | 1.2.1 +  | Development paused, patch available | ShotgunNinja              | This simple mod allow the creation of custom part categories in the KSP Editor.                                                                                                                                  | The mod is officially updated for KSP 1.2.1, but Jiraiyah has released a patch for 1.3.1, see the corresponding entry for download.                                                                                             | 
PartOrganizer (1.3.1 patch)                               | VAB/SPH                          | 1.3.1    | Patch released                      | Jiraiyah                  | This simple mod allow the creation of custom part categories in the KSP Editor.                                                                                                                                  | Unofficial 1.3.1 patch for the PartOrganizer mod originally by ShotgunNinja.                                                                                                                                                    | 
PartTweaks                                                | VAB/SPH                          | 1.3      | Released                            | Roovy                     | PartTweaks aims to improve the working in editor and making parts more realistic.                                                                                                                                |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 | 

I have added a link to the cmpl.txt file containing the spreadsheet contents in raw text for those who don't want to use the spreadsheet. It's hosted on Dropbox since it's 1200 lines long and I fear it would make the thread buggy. If you can't access Dropbox, I can send you the raw text itself.

On 2/3/2017 at 10:24 PM, Gaarst said:

If you don't want to or cannot use the Google Docs spreadsheet, there is a .txt file containing all the mods in the library available at the link below. It is best viewed from an editor without automatic line-break. (It is hosted on Dropbox, if you cannot access it, I can send you the raw text via PM)
CMPL.TXT FILE

@Gaarst

just an FYI, you can add the following under my name:

Magico13's modlets:

• MagiCore
  • Sensible Screenshot
  • Dated QuickSaves
  • Ship Save Splicer
  • EditorTime
  • TreeToppler
  • Wwwwwwwww
  • NIMBY

All the modlets are in this post: 

The following are in the process of adoption, so I don't have a thread for them yet:

• Orbital Colonies
  • StageRecovery

Also, please update your entry for ZeroMiniAVC, that's also mine.  @DoctorDavinci merely did an unofficial recompile:

and finally :D

All my mods are compatible with 1.4.5, and on CKAN (not sure if you need that)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

more:

Critter Crawler

Horizontal Velocity Controller Redux

Kerbal Animation Suite Cont

KSPLogger

NSS/OctoSat is not in development, it is released, remove the SOAR from it

PicoPort4AllSizes

Also, Malah's Quick Mods and Magico13_Modlets really (IMHO) should have all the modlets listed.

@Gaarst  I forgot to ping you on this

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Gaarst  I forgot to ping you on this

I get notifications on each post in this thread so pinging me to get my attention is unnecessary, I'll see your messages at some point. I was just away from the forums for a couple of days, I am updating your mods on the list right away!

Edit: all done!

Edited by Gaarst

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Gaarst,

Awesome keeping this list up-to-date!  But could I please ask you to add the original authors to the mods I'm currently maintaining though? I don't want to take credit where it's not due.

CorvusCF - Micha, OrionKermin

KDex Continued - Micha, masTerTorch

Nehemiah Engineering Orbital Science - Micha, Nehemiah

Alternatively if "Authors" should only include currently active developers/maintainers, could you please add the original author in the Description or Miscellaneous Notes section?

5 hours ago, micha said:

Hey @Gaarst,

Awesome keeping this list up-to-date!  But could I please ask you to add the original authors to the mods I'm currently maintaining though? I don't want to take credit where it's not due.

CorvusCF - Micha, OrionKermin

KDex Continued - Micha, masTerTorch

Nehemiah Engineering Orbital Science - Micha, Nehemiah

Alternatively if "Authors" should only include currently active developers/maintainers, could you please add the original author in the Description or Miscellaneous Notes section?

I have not really made up any rules for the Authors column, only listing the active maintainer of the thread is just the most convenient for me, and it happens to be that the owner of the thread is the main maintainer of the mod in most cases. I thought about listing all active/past contributors to the mod at one point, but then I realised that for some the list of authors could get quite long (cf the RO suite for example) and I thought that only listing the owner of the thread by default was better than possibly forgetting one author.

However if you wish that I list past authors for your mods, then it's no problem. I'm just adding the people you cited right now.

Edit: I'll add past authors in the Notes, that way it is still possible to properly sort the Authors column.

About 1.5, I know it's there and I'll start marking mods for 1.5, eventually.

Edited by Gaarst

1 minute ago, Gaarst said:

I thought about listing all active/past contributors to the mod at one point, but then I realised that for some the list of authors could get quite long (cf the RO suite for example) and I thought that only listing the owner of the thread by default was better than possibly forgetting one author.

Yeah no worries; don't want to add to your burden, you're doing a great job :) It's not such a big deal so I'll leave it up to you; the original authors are credited in the threads etc anyway.

1 minute ago, micha said:

Yeah no worries; don't want to add to your burden, you're doing a great job :) It's not such a big deal so I'll leave it up to you; the original authors are credited in the threads etc anyway.

It's a burden to do for all 1100 or so mods listed, but if you or someone else ask that I cite the original authors of a few mods, then it just takes 2 minutes to edit it.

7 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Heya @Gaarst, got a new mod for you! Not quite sure where it should go, maybe in modders utilities or something?

I've added it in "Modding Tools", it's the category that fits it the most IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all the people that notify me of the new updates on the spreadsheet!

Now that 1.5 (and 1.5.1) has been out for sufficiently long, I'll try to go through all the mods in the list to mark those that are updated (it's absolutely not because I forgot to do that earlier), probably this weekend.

To address something a few people have mentioned, I will not add all the original authors or contributors to a mod by default (mostly because I cannot be bothered digging up hundreds of dead threads), however if someone wishes that I do so for a specific mod (or mods) I'll gladly do it, as I have already for a few entries.
For sorting reasons, the additional authors credited are placed into the "Notes" column and not the author column: that way, a mod created by Diazo and updated by linuxgurugamer will still show up along linuxgurugamer's other mods. If someone knows a way to fill a column so that it appears when filtering only "Diazo" or only "linuxgurugamer" (as opposed to "linuxgurugamer, Diazo" as it would currently) I'm all ears.

Edited by Gaarst