Gaarst

Community Mods and Plugins Library

7 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Heya @Gaarst, got a new mod for you! Not quite sure where it should go, maybe in modders utilities or something?

I've added it in "Modding Tools", it's the category that fits it the most IMO.

Thanks to all the people that notify me of the new updates on the spreadsheet!

Now that 1.5 (and 1.5.1) has been out for sufficiently long, I'll try to go through all the mods in the list to mark those that are updated (it's absolutely not because I forgot to do that earlier), probably this weekend.

To address something a few people have mentioned, I will not add all the original authors or contributors to a mod by default (mostly because I cannot be bothered digging up hundreds of dead threads), however if someone wishes that I do so for a specific mod (or mods) I'll gladly do it, as I have already for a few entries.
For sorting reasons, the additional authors credited are placed into the "Notes" column and not the author column: that way, a mod created by Diazo and updated by linuxgurugamer will still show up along linuxgurugamer's other mods. If someone knows a way to fill a column so that it appears when filtering only "Diazo" or only "linuxgurugamer" (as opposed to "linuxgurugamer, Diazo" as it would currently) I'm all ears.

Edited by Gaarst

Hi @Gaarst, I tested @CaptainKipard's Universal Docking Ports (based on this available download as posted by forum user Chonner--who by the way if what I read and interpret is correct has not modified these files in any way from as originally released, just rehosted them in a more accessible location) in 1.4.5, and confirmed working as advertised. Thing is (a) the link to the download is a mirror of the existing latest available update (from what I can read), which is not the original download link (being mediafire links, but one of the latest posts states that typing up the links still works), and (b) the modder hasn't popped in since 2016 or thereabouts, so I'm not sure about the licensing issues that could crop up (even if it is NC-SA 4.0), but in terms of updates, this be working in 1.4.5. I guess it might still work in 1.5 and 1.6, depending on if there are any major changes to docking across the versions? 

I`m using this - [1.1.3] Cloaking Device, by wasml - Vessels are partially visible against the near field while transitioning but are invisible (at zero opacity). Every time.