[1.4.x ] Large Boat Parts Pack v3.9.3 Read first post before installing

SpannerMonkey(smce)

Large Boat Parts Pack  KSP 1.4.x V3.9.3

BB2 and BDA damage overhaul

IMPORTANT Please read post below before downloading or installing

ALWAYS USE LBP IN CONJUNCTION WITH KJR (KERBAL JOINT REINFORCEMENT) STRUTS AND AUTOSTRUT ARE TOTALLY INEFFECTIVE ON OBJECTS OF THIS SIZE

LBP now shares a unified EN_US dictionary with all other SM mods , this dictionary comes in the form of a folder called SM_Industries, this is not an optional install, this folder must also be installed, before reporting part name and description autoloc errors check you have installed everything required ALL required parts are included in the update download

OxMMUec.png

lGni8E5.png

This mod gives you a vast assortment of pre made parts you can use to build ships.

Mods like VesselMover and WASD Editor camera or Hangar extender are recommended as your ships can get very big.

ok8gqTp.png

LBP has a new home, nothing else has changed, the management is the same the ships are the same. A new thread was needed in order to be able to update the first post, in order to notify of updates etc.

I would also very much like to see some contenders for a featured ships gallery, ships considered should be well built and balanced in construction not just a gun fest please. 

Eaoco8M.png

Ships Gallery very pic heavy

Spoiler

hrA0uXp.png

UrXVR6O.png

BrmHGjc.png

SieB5hP.png

Below 3 very nice examples by @Violet_Wyvern    using a good many  of the new parts that arrived  in the 1.2.2 update

3ggxcKW.pngdxbSpDZ.pngkjY27HA.png

Below   3 good uses of the new parts by @Cdodders

pquMYaq.jpg

jfGqb6C.jpg

9pobSzg.jpg

A lovely example of the possibilities of mixing and matching the various marine mods  from @The_Right_Arm   USS Worcester, CL 144.

5ad3076c4f48d08d03951dbcc810aef9.png1f0ba16576b9e97ae70b6df778b8eead.png16dbf935cad84b1bd9eee06b437e823b.png

Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Companion mods

Thanks as always to @gomker @V8jester @XOC2008 and occasionally @colmo :P for testing bug hunting and sanity preservation

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
KSP 1.4.x v3.9.2 update

21 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Thanks, very much like all the ships but  that 21st century battle ship in particular  has given me a couple of ideas for the next ship update and for something for SMA

Could I request a radar like the S1850M? The big flat PESA radar fitted to Type 45 DDG, Horizon and Orizzonte FFG?

31 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

Could I request a radar like the S1850M? The big flat PESA radar fitted to Type 45 DDG, Horizon and Orizzonte FFG?

Yup, good idea i've been thinking of adding some new types apart from whats already in SMM and SMA , as there's quite a lot of mast gear i've yet to make, Just to make sure we're on the same page, one of these below. There's already a good analogue for the Sampson in SMM so Ill do an Empar to go with it

SmartL_DeZeven.jpg

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Yup, good idea i've been thinking of adding some new types apart from whats already in SMM and SMA , as there's quite a lot of mast gear i've yet to make, Just to make sure we're on the same page, one of these below. There's already a good analogue for the Sampson in SMM so Ill do an Empar to go with it

SmartL_DeZeven.jpg

Yup, that's the one. You planning on adding any Russian Anti-Ship missiles? AFAIK across all the mods there is the P-800 and the Harpoonski, but nothing surface launched.

May be slightly redundant with the US 5" gun but some of the 4.5" gun variants (twin mount Mk.6, original Mk.8 and the 'Kryten Gun' Mk.8 mod 1) may be a nice addition. Also, would side mounted covered boat decks/gantries be possible, like the ones on the Type 45? I work/live on one, so it would be nice to build something close to it in KSP

17 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

It's a definite spoiler as it's a long way from being anywhere near finished but see below,  it will likely join the CK in SMM as it's a similar kit

Hide contents

BvU41nV.jpg

Holy Amazeballs Batman!

I am going to be posting soon,(in a few hours, as i still have to make it) an image of a fully working MV-22 osprey and some ships from with pack

(Update: i don't have the parts to make an osprey(mostly the cockpit, and the rear ramp), so i worked on my carrier, and here it is)

Edited by acerarity

Just a few questions,

Why are the attachment nodes on the VLS superstructures misaligned from the normal superstructure nodes?

and

What kind of missile (and if not vanilla BDA, what add-on?) were the VLS parts designed for?

cheers.

14 hours ago, maas1248 said:

Just a few questions,

Why are the attachment nodes on the VLS superstructures misaligned from the normal superstructure nodes?

and

What kind of missile (and if not vanilla BDA, what add-on?) were the VLS parts designed for?

cheers.

Hi the vette VLS parts were a proof of concept and have since  been found to be ineffective due to the lack of suitable missiles, and I said a while back that i was going to clear the vls elements and leave them as cargo areas.  As for any other vls part they were made to make use of the Malfunc mk42 launch tubes.  Not sure what you mean by nodes offset compared to other parts.

12 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Here's some stuff I got so far. @SpannerMonkey(smce) Your CK is joined by the DDG-1000, LPD-17, and LCS-1. (All ships are tweakscaled to real world sizes, if not weight.Some weapons are also tweakscaled, and some are going to be as soon as I add the module to their cfgs.)

http://imgur.com/a/ZCqS4

Very smart , how do they behave at full size?  and aren't they a pain to build at that size?  What parts are you adding scale cfgs for? i can run up a patch in minutes for anything produced by SM group

For other viewers reference all  the parts I add are scaled for Kerbals so around  65% of full size. I'm no fan of scale issues and like everything to be, where possible,  proportionate to the world in which they exist.

11 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Very smart , how do they behave at full size?  and aren't they a pain to build at that size?  What parts are you adding scale cfgs for? i can run up a patch in minutes for anything produced by SM group

For other viewers reference all  the parts I add are scaled for Kerbals so around  65% of full size. I'm no fan of scale issues and like everything to be, where possible,  proportionate to the world in which they exist.

Thus far they behave fairly well. I have to make some adjustments with ballast because their buoyancy increases and they bob a lot more than they would under normal circumstances, but nothing unmanageable. And not a pain to build, nah. Not with hangar extender.

Mostly the scaling is applied to the bridge sections, and I added it to some weapons too. For the ships themselves, I don't believe I scaled anything up too much. Since they are at 65% "real world" size they didn't have far to go.

Edited by XOC2008

8 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Don't the IVA's feak out when you do that? I know they used to. If it's not an issue  now I could add a patch for the bridge units  in next update

I never checked, because I don't usually use the IVAs myself. I prefer 3rd person view. I'll have a look and see.

On 2/13/2017 at 7:42 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi the vette VLS parts were a proof of concept and have since  been found to be ineffective due to the lack of suitable missiles, and I said a while back that i was going to clear the vls elements and leave them as cargo areas.  As for any other vls part they were made to make use of the Malfunc mk42 launch tubes.  Not sure what you mean by nodes offset compared to other parts.

The modern medium superstructure parts have their attachment nodes near the base, however the Malfunc VLS portion for the same superstructure form factor has its nodes near the centreline, which is mostly what I am referring to (I also found a lack of suitable missiles for the others!). However, the hull parts of the Malfunc VLS for the medium modern parts works fine. Otherwise, a nice mod (despite some minor kraken attacks) and I like the small internal spaces on the DG10K superstructure parts (ammo racks, anyone?). 

cheers, and thanks!

@SpannerMonkey(smce) I'm working on rebuilding my LPD 17 in 1.2.2. And this time around I decided to use the DG bottomless hanger and the Med hull module 1B with the elevator. I wanted to ask if you would be willing to either remove the walls at the front /back of the !b hull and the front Long Stern hanger. To allow free passage from the stern hanger to the elevator to the main deck. Be cool to move vehicles all around the ship. The other option could be a part switch module like B9 to allow two models. 1 With the walls and one without? Also the nodes on the medium hull 1B are rotated 180 upside down.

edit

Ah here we go. This is basically what I mean

09675876.jpg

Edited by V8jester

17 minutes ago, V8jester said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) I'm working on rebuilding my LPD 17 in 1.2.2. And this time around I decided to use the DG bottomless hanger and the Med hull module 1B with the elevator. I wanted to ask if you would be willing to either remove the walls at the front /back of the !b hull and the front Long Stern hanger. To allow free passage from the stern hanger to the elevator to the main deck. Be cool to move vehicles all around the ship. The other option could be a part switch module like B9 to allow two models. 1 With the walls and one without? Also the nodes on the medium hull 1B are rotated 180 upside down.

Having the front wall removed from the LCS stern hangar would be nice too.

@V8jester@XOC2008All very doable and fits in with the improvement plan for the next update, which will not be anytime soon btw for anyone one else reading.(However as testers you guys will see them soonish)  Other projects, as you know, currently occupy the work and head space. 

As for the nodes issues, malfuncs are simply wrong, the nodes on the supers haven't changed apart from size since Laythe created them. Med hull b's nodes are right for the hull as it was set up, but the others aren't , as the hulls are incorrectly rotated to start with. The med hull needs a birthday all around

I've had a play with mesh

As i've mentioned before it's a lot easier to make parts than deal with all the little issues of already created parts, in some ways it's a very onerous task, and sometimes just simply work and not fun at all. I'll get through them all eventually, just don't hold your breath. Too many irons in too many fires  :)

2 minutes ago, acerarity said:

Like this:

Hi.

It's actually sorta done, just a bit (lies! IT'S VERY ) glitchy which is why nobody's seen it along with a load of iffy stuff i wont even share with the poor testers, when i get it sorted I'll drop it in. It was suggested a long while ago by v8jester I think,  I really like making the stuff more versatile so it's a done deal really.

5 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi.

It's actually sorta done, just a bit (lies! IT'S VERY ) glitchy which is why nobody's seen it along with a load of iffy stuff i wont even share with the poor testers

It's true. He shows us stuff and then cackles with mad glee: "MUAHAHA You cannot have it!" And then we sob like children who have lost their favorite toy.