[1.4.x ] Large Boat Parts Pack v3.9.3 Read first post before installing

SpannerMonkey(smce)

This looks like the exact thing Spanner is looking to fix with the revamp.  What you have found is a mesh/texture issue; the mesh literally just stops existing in that crack.  Only way to fix that is with a mesh update, which will likely happen Eventually™

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

not kinda sure but is this compatible with 1.4.x rn? not gonna risk my laptop's life

This above post confuses me to no end....

How is it going to risk the life of your laptop? That is complete nonsense.

This mod works fine in 1.4.* 

I use it every day in my game.  Laptop still works fine....

6 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

not kinda sure but is this compatible with 1.4.x rn? not gonna risk my laptop's life

Hi as a pure parts mod this version will work , almost all the way from 1.2 to 1.4.whatever . It is very unlikely to cause any issues, apart from hurting your eyes with the ugly :). I would say with complete confidence it is completely safe to use in any recent KSP version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where's the update???   Quite simply there isn't one,  Why?  Because it's pointless.

LBP is old, the models are horrible (mostly) the texturing and mapping is a disaster, etc etc etc. 
So what's happening?  In short I'm throwing a match into it, watching it burn, and replacing 80% of the items within.  It will not be the same .  parts may be similarly  shaped,  It's very unlikely that there will be as many parts  and it will be arranged internally very differently, although the modern and WW2 elements will remain separate    LBP as it is today will remain as a legacy version.  LBP2 will be heading toward the same standard i use on SMM, ships look like ships, and more importantly behave like ships( as much as they can within KSP)

The following items are likely to remain, everything else is going in the fire. BB2 battleship hull, Lizzy hull,  DDG10k,   and because there's already a decent carrier mod, in the Nimitz,  the LBP carrier may persist , but will not be replaced (any time soon) with a newer version.
Everything else is doomed, 99% of the WW2 parts are a horror show, and will be replaced en masse.   Although they will still be modular more importance is to be given to  the look and function of the vessel as designed, rather than making things work whatever way they are fitted . Much like the J class in SM Marine, it's modular, but you cant plug part F into part B and have a smooth transition.

Happy to take opinions and sensible ideas/requests.

Update SM Industries allows the current release to work correctly in KSP 1.4.3 and can be found 

SM_Industries Localisation, Custom Categories, and 1touch texture switch For KSP 1.4.x

22 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi as a pure parts mod this version will work , almost all the way from 1.2 to 1.4.whatever . It is very unlikely to cause any issues, apart from hurting your eyes with the ugly :). I would say with complete confidence it is completely safe to use in any recent KSP version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where's the update???   Quite simply there isn't one,  Why?  Because it's pointless.

LBP is old, the models are horrible (mostly) the texturing and mapping is a disaster, etc etc etc. 
So what's happening?  In short I'm throwing a match into it, watching it burn, and replacing 80% of the items within.  It will not be the same .  parts may be similarly  shaped,  It's very unlikely that there will be as many parts  and it will be arranged internally very differently, although the modern and WW2 elements will remain separate    LBP as it is today will remain as a legacy version.  LBP2 will be heading toward the same standard i use on SMM, ships look like ships, and more importantly behave like ships( as much as they can within KSP)

The following items are likely to remain, everything else is going in the fire. BB2 battleship hull, Lizzy hull,  DDG10k,   and because there's already a decent carrier mod, in the Nimitz,  the LBP carrier may persist , but will not be replaced (any time soon) with a newer version.
Everything else is doomed, 99% of the WW2 parts are a horror show, and will be replaced en masse.   Although they will still be modular more importance is to be given to  the look and function of the vessel as designed, rather than making things work whatever way they are fitted . Much like the J class in SM Marine, it's modular, but you cant plug part F into part B and have a smooth transition.

Update SM Industries allows the current release to work correctly in KSP 1.4.3 and can be found 

SM_Industries Localisation, Custom Categories, and 1touch texture switch For KSP 1.4.x

Well, I'm very excited for this.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a lot of problems getting boats made with these parts to work at all, any advice what I'm doing wrong or are these known issues? Shifting them around or spawning them with vessel mover makes them explode or the joints break. I've tried every configuration I can think of re autostrutting, physical struts, rigid attachment, nothing works consistently. Mounting guns on them is another problem, the large deck guns from SM armoury just fall off and sink straight through the hull for no discernible reason and any SLBMs I put into the submarine launcher just evaporate as soon as it touches water. Any help would be appreciated because I haven't been able to make a single functional ship so far.

17 minutes ago, Loskene said:

Having a lot of problems getting boats made with these parts to work at all,

HI as mentioned all the way through the thread you will need to KJR in order to use these ship parts.  Quite simply they break all KSP rules on mass and size, as such non of the stock methods of reinforcement will be effective.

46 minutes ago, sjpc302 said:

Any tips on stopping the boats from bouncing up and down? Or is this just me?

HI, Yup, 1/ don't use high power reaction wheels,   2/ make sure that whatever you use as propulsion has the pitch and roll gimbals disabled, 3/ make sure everything except yaw control is disabled on any rudders used. 4/ do not place excessive weight on bow or stern sections with little weight in the middle of the ship.  Although this latter one mainly concerns double ended type ships with a long narrow bow and long stern sections, like Lizzy  BB2, and the original LBP Battleship hull,  a well balanced ship is always better behaved

On 5/25/2018 at 9:38 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI as mentioned all the way through the thread you will need to KJR in order to use these ship parts.  Quite simply they break all KSP rules on mass and size, as such non of the stock methods of reinforcement will be effective.

Ohh right, I had to remove it for something else a while back, that explains it. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

is there a kerbal joing reinforcement for 1.4.4? ferram hasnt updated it since 1.3 and all user updates have been taken down. Or does it turn out i dont need kjr at all? 

EDIT: i found a replacement!

Edited by Nightguard

8 hours ago, Nightguard said:

do i put just the sm industries, and the LshipPartsRequired and the LshipPartsModern folders into gamedata to have this working? i have modulemanager already.

Yes exactly that .
KSP/Gamedata/LShipPartsRequired
KSP/Gamedata/LShipPartsModern
KSP/Gamedata/SM_Industries

1 hour ago, Nightguard said:

um, the carrier parts arent aligned when i attach the hangar hull to the short stern and bow. its up/down a bit.

On 5/9/2018 at 9:01 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Capt.gelo said:

My ships keep sinking rear first, I already removed ballast water. I'm using the QE battleship parts. How do I fix this?

Hi the usual reason for this is scaled propellers or rudders, scaling causes all elements to increase, if you double the size they are twice as heavy for virtually no benefit,  you dont get more effective steering it becomes overpowered and  you will not go any faster as the velocity curve will not allow props to exceed the set speed

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question. 

How do you manage to make them arrived in the water?

I use only the small destroyer hull and even the track dont support the weight. We wont speak about the wheel who just explode 

Is there a solution to make them  appeard in the water?

13 minutes ago, Acetius said:

I have a question. 

How do you manage to make them arrived in the water?

I use only the small destroyer hull and even the track dont support the weight. We wont speak about the wheel who just explode 

Is there a solution to make them  appeard in the water?

Vessel mover.