[1.4.3 v 1.2.3] SM_Stryker BDA 1.22

SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 hour ago, Murican_Jeb said:

So, the first issue is that the Fw-190 cockpit's IVA is behind the actual cockpit

Np. don't know what happened there as usually they're spot on,  as IVA and exterior are made and imported together, so it's built in the right pos,  must have been an unnoticed nudge in unity

2 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Next issue is, the Fw-190 engine pushed me to 200 m/s

See the thing is , I dont like slow,  i don't like barely crawling around the sky ala  BadT . In order that the engine is more than a single usage affair, I bestowed a little more power on it. It was my intention to have them all multimode with a 5-10kn boost BUT the prop spinner set up will not work on multi mode,  So as is my way rather than adopting the lower performance mode, i went for the high.   I could be persuaded to lower the power, but a subjective opinion of one user isn't going to to it.

IVA sorted , patches sorted . New Beta shortly .

Cheers

We need a longer nose to sniff the enemy...

Fw-190 D series should do the trick!

Spoiler

1Nchd9M.png

M5A6SVZ.png

PLKt2fK.png

Its about time we had pictures of the D series though :)

Note that these are old pictures, which explains the lack of DCK paint and shiny stuff.

Navball is messed up on the spitfire. I think the whole navball is literally flipped to the other side, because I'm also having inverted roll problems, but that's everything you can expect from a broke navball.

So I think what you have to do is fix the navball prop in blender. I remember seeing something about positions for navballs in command pod models, but I dunno.

Can't post a picture right now, imgur doesn't like me right now...

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Veesels spawned with vessel mover are currently exhibiting such symptoms.

Even without Vessel Mover, it still has a messed up nav ball

Picture

Spoiler

dFEdEUR.png

By the way, what do you think of the plane?

10 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Navball is messed up on the spitfire

OK, i have a problem i have no idea how  to rectify, so if somebody does have a clue what is happening here i'd be glad , no delighted to hear from them.

The Navball position bug , i thought it was mod related but it's not.

Video in spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Murican_Jeb said:

Even without Vessel Mover, it still has a messed up nav ball

Picture

Reveal hidden contents

dFEdEUR.png

By the way, what do you think of the plane?

I know.   need a clue, not got one

• 3 weeks later...

SM_Stryker-Aerospace-and-Armory 131 full v1.1.0
Add the following parts
B29 cockpit
Val style twin seat fighter bomber cockpit
BF109 full, found and completely restored from a very early version of Stryker
Wings, in straight and elliptical form
Spines to blend in BF cockpit
2.5 x 2.5 and 2.5 x 5 mtr bomb bays
DCK config for all

The B29 IVA has a couple of extra cameras for alternative views,  the view below comes from the group of switches on the back of the bomb aimers seat .  (centerfwd pos)  and the Bomb sight itself has a ( not to serious) bomb sight view available by clicking the small screen on the bombsight

RnPIMnj.png1YAQdq9.png5He6fjT.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

51 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

Testing ALL of SM_Stryker parts at once.... on one plane.... and it flies!  LMAO!! 

It flies TERRIBLY lol.... but it flies :P

Hahahaha that settles it, I'm getting this mod. How the heck did you get so many runways?

Edited by Slamnam

28 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Kerbal konstructs

Yup

Reason for so many, is I launch 18 - 40 planes at once with BDArmory, and have either massive air battles, or just have them all attack a very well defended battleship. FUN STUFF!!

Edited by TheKurgan

@SpannerMonkey(smce) wonderful!

Detected some issues:

1. The 'val' and another cockpit's IVA is bit screwy ... just the pit,  no cosmetic features at all... is it me and some install error if my part, or they are indeed still a work in progress?

2. Some engines do not appeae to be consuming fuel at all (though they work all the same). The 12cyl and the 190 engine. In the resources pannel it shows as if no fuel is being consumed. In Kerbal Engineer,  the deltaV does not diminish with use.

3. Those cockpits have some mighty reaction wheels! Was that intentional? I have to keep turning them off, there is just no way!

4. What powerful engines! I understand it was a deaigner's choice, but still,  deaumm!

5. I understood the b29 should have some sort of bombardier sight?  I cant seem to find where to access it.

Many kudos on those wings!

Edited by Daniel Prates

17 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

3. Those cockpits have some mighty reaction wheels! Was that intentional? I have to keep turning them off, there is just no way!

4. What powerful engines! I understand it was a deaigner's choice, but still,  deaumm!

5. I understood the b29 should have some sort of bombardier sight?  I cant seem to find where to access it.

I can't comment on #1 or #2, but as for the rest:

I believe you are looking for more realistic flight performance and engine performance...

3. I like the reaction wheels, I even add more to get the desired "high" maneuverability I personally want (and find more fun) yes yes, I know... highly non-realistic, but I am not looking for realism at all. If you are looking for realism, you are doing the right thing and turning them off.

4. Pretty much the same answer as #3, I love the power!! Yes, I know, highly non-realistic. If you are looking for realism, try the BAD-T props, or something in between like Airplane Plus engines, they are lower power, and maybe a little more realistic... performance-wise.

5. I think the bombardier sight is part of the bomb bays... not 100% sure on that, but try it out.

OH, and are you using FAR? if the answer is yes, I'm pretty sure these were designed with stock aero in mind.

Edited by TheKurgan

SM_Stryker 1.3.1 full v1.1.1

@SpannerMonkeySpannerMonkey released this a minute ago

Sort missing texture switch on terminator cockpit
Reposition instruments in FW and VAL IVA's

1. The 'val' and another cockpit's IVA is bit screwy

see above

2. Some engines do not appeae to be consuming

No clue, and not noticed, as generally my aircraft dont last long enough to run out of fuel or for that matter use more than a teacup. I shall investigate .

3. Those cockpits have some mighty reaction wheels! Was that intentional?

I wouldn't say mighty, but thy are intended for use by everybody, not just those with an understanding of flight or building proper stable aircraft, feel free to turn them off if you so choose.

4. What powerful engines!

Well i must be missing something, i made them, use them a lot, an i'm not seeing it.    When combined with the aircraft they are designed to fit I don't feel the performance is anything to rave about. It's ok , but nothing outstanding. And it's not even a question of being used to faster things as i spend the lions share of time designing and building ship mods, and those ships will not break 30ms.  1.3.1 aircraft feel really sluggish, lacking fizz, and that smattering of oomph they have barely brings that back. 

b29 should have some sort of bombardier sight

Accessible only in IVA by clicking the small transparent screen attached to the bombsight pedestal , as noted however dont expect to ever be able to use it as an actual aiming point, it is a fixed camera just like every other IVA view cam

And obviously  non stock aero , as provided by mods changes everything. 

npZkRnl.png

2 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

OH, and are you using FAR? if the answer is yes, I'm pretty sure these were designed with stock aero in mind.

Hum.... indeed I use FAR. It must offset the intended performances in many ways,  that had not occurred to me. 

Still,  @SpannerMonkey(smce) and @TheKurgan,  just to be clear: the new parts are excellent! No complaints here. The only issue I imagine deserving some looking into is the engines not consuming fuel (and then again that may be a result of my mod soup). As for the rest,  that was only a bit of mindstorming. I specially like the wings. With tweakscale they reach an even higher usefullness. Kudos!