sg7E9MO.png

SM Stryker Armory and Aerospace combined

Continued from the fine start by @strykersm

ok8gqTp.png link for prvious version 122

SM_Stryker Aerospace and Armory KSP 1.4.3 BDA 1.2.1 ONLY

This update brings you

Updates and fixes to IVA's
2 level IVA for JSI/RPM and stock

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current parts: Cockpits: BF-109
; Mig ;
Hyperion (P-80 lookalike) ;
Razor ;
Jetfire (SR-71/F-106 lookalike)
Classic S(spitfire look alike),
Classic FW(fw190 lookalike) 
P60 night fighter (both ends),

B29 cockpit with 4 seat IVA,
Val style twin seat fighter bomber cockpit with twin seat IVA,
BF109 full, found and completely restored from a very early version of Stryker,
Wings, in straight and elliptical form,
Spines to blend in BF cockpit,
2.5 x 2.5 and 2.5 x 5 mtr bomb bays,
DCK config for all

reworked version of Baha's MK2 Lightning cockpit in two versions. both suitable for stock MK2 connections

Intakes: Early and Late variants of Mig-21 intake ;

Engines: Reaper AB Jet Engine (based on Su-9 engine); Kiril AB Jet Engine (based on Mig-21) , period styled engines for FW x2  P60 nightfighter  and Classic S x2 

5He6fjT.png

wjwspVf.png

8cihstV.png

p4cDtXw.png

AT this point I intend not to add anything new, but will continue to update overhaul and enhance as time goes on and my texturing skills improve  . 

All included parts are based on the originals by @strykersm. who has kindly given permission for this continuation

changelog

Spoiler

v1.1.21 BETA

Updates and fixes to IVA's
2 level IVA for JSI/RPM and stock
Includes reworked trial version of Baha's MK2 Lightning cockpit in two versions. both suitable for stock MK2 connections

v 1.1.20 BETA

A complete overhaul of SM Stryker to meet the new BDA specifications.
Overhaul of file structure for easier collaborative management

##This version is for those wishing to use the latest BDA BETA versions in KSP 1.3.1 only

Do not merge or overwrite any existing folders, ALL beta updates must be clean install.

V1.1.1

Sort missing texture switch on terminator cockpit
Re position instruments in FW and VAL IVA's

V1.1.0

Add the following parts
B29 cockpit
Val style twin seat fighter bomber cockpit
BF109 full, found and completely restored from a very early version of Stryker
Wings, in straight and elliptical form
Spines to blend in BF cockpit
2.5 x 2.5 and 2.5 x 5 mtr bomb bays
DCK config for all

Version122.91
initial distribution
/////////////////////
version122.92
Fixed intake transforms and intake collider
upgraded cockpit collider and hatches as required 

emergency download

CC BY-SA 2.0 parts

This KSP Mod incorporates code from a part of USITools called PartCatalog.cs and is used under the GPLv3 License.

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/UmbraSpaceIndustries/blob/master/USITools/USITools/PartCatalog.cs

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
Refreshed links for update 143

Just now, AdrianK. said:

Weird. I still get the 404 Mod Missing error message. 

Just checked again by clicking links in first post and it takes me straight to the mod page  and the emergency dl is also working, i did notice that sometime last week my browser flagged SD as having an out of date cert, and tried to block it, maybe yours has done the same but not let you know

8 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Just checked again by clicking links in first post and it takes me straight to the mod page  and the emergency dl is also working, i did notice that sometime last week my browser flagged SD as having an out of date cert, and tried to block it, maybe yours has done the same but not let you know

Well I don`t think that I have this issue as I have downloaded multiple mods today and only this one keeps giving me errors and I don`t see any certificate issues either. Thanks for the emergency DL though! I really appreciate having the opportunity to download a mod from a another site when things don`t work properly.:D

Also thanks for updating this mod! 

Edited by AdrianK.

41 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi i've just re done all the links could you try again?.  If it still gives issues please use the emergency download link and I'll get in touch with Vitas regarding SpaceDock

Cheers

Hello sir, it still does give the 404 issue
i've used the emergency dl link and i'd like to thank you for maintaining the mod :D

On 2/13/2017 at 9:53 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi i've just re done all the links could you try again?.  If it still gives issues please use the emergency download link and I'll get in touch with Vitas regarding SpaceDock

Cheers

ok thanks it works now

@SpannerMonkey(smce)

Hey, I want to make comprehensive post about current issues with the mod. Most of my concerns relate to its usage with FAR. All 3 intakes need to have their colliders simplified. Currently, the colliders follow the mesh exactly while this work ok it would be much better and closer to stock if the colliders were made into a simpler shape. The easiest way to see this is to DL this mod by sarbian. It is a wonderful tool and allowed me to examine these issues with ease.

With that tool using it in the editor if you compare the Red-star spit intake collider to the stock circular intake collider the difference is quite apparent. Then compare the stock shock cone with the 2 MiG shock cone intake from this mod again you will see how the stock collider is a simple cone not following the exact mesh geometry like the MiG intake colliders do. These issues cause FAR to overestimate drag for the parts diminishing performance. Next, all three intake have their intake transform incorrectly rotated meaning in thinks the intake is 90* vertical to the airstream. Not sure how this effects stock, but it makes the part unusable with AJE. The easiest way to compare the transform is against the stock circular intake.

The Hyperion cockpit needs to have a collider added for the canopy like the vanquisher and terminator cockpits have. You can just compare aginst those to see the difference. 

The Tumansky collider is completely messed up, and Lyulka collider is overly complicated like the intakes. Both could use simpler colliders to perform better with FAR, and be more like stock. The interior of the nozzle doesn't need to be modeled for the collider. You can compare against the stock Panther.

If you are unable to work on the models themselves @TMasterson5 maybe able to help like he did for LGG with Quiztech Continued.

THANKS!!

P.S. Whatever one above says is true we can NOT DL the mod from spacedock.

Edited by Svm420

16 hours ago, Svm420 said:

Hey, I want to make comprehensive post about current issues with the mod

Everything you mentioned is fixable. although when it comes to colliders I am obviously no fan of the stock barely adequate methods, I say barely adequate because the colliders do not in many cases represent the part shape accurately.  I'm, not a FAR user so never considered the knock on effects . Re the Intake transforms, i plead guilty to screwing that up. it's a quick fix though.  More than capable of fixing anything here thanks, just a matter of finding the time to sort it out. 

Whats really annoying is that it's taken so long for anyone to mention it, especially since it was tested by neutral third parties prior to release.  ( in mitigation, they've been buried of late and everyone except me has a life. I need to add a far tester for stuff like this )Never mind it'll be dealt with.

I'll make ANOTHER report to SpaceDock regarding the DL issues

https://github.com/KSP-SpaceDock/SpaceDock/issues/175

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

As one of @SpannerMonkey(smce)'s testers, I apologize for not finding these issues. I don't generally look at colliders, nor do I use FAR, so I would not have noticed these problems. I just make certain things load, textures are applied, all primary animations(if any) function as they should, and generally make sure there aren't any complications with other mods.

6 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

As one of @SpannerMonkey(smce)'s testers, I apologize for not finding these issues. I don't generally look at colliders, nor do I use FAR, so I would not have noticed these problems. I just make certain things load, textures are applied, all primary animations(if any) function as they should, and generally make sure there aren't any complications with other mods.

Hey it's more on me than you guys, you've been buried of late . monday's thread responses need a bit of filtering in future!

Cheers

20 hours ago, Svm420 said:

Hey

Hi , right made a new collider for Hyperion, very odd I thought simple would be better as its quite a complex shape for a convex collider, but hey, Far...

Spoiler

Mrzkp5n.png

I'm not sure whats going on with the intakes but what we are seeing in debug  stuff is not the collider mesh that is applied in unity . the only thing i can think of that it's actually showing the mesh that the collider was generated from, either that or KSPs inbuilt  concave mesh builder is playing tricks on me. I redone them and fixed the transforms anyway but debug stuff shows the same thing

Spoiler

c7qiGcG.gif

I see that the engines collider has actually collapsed for the tumansky, working on that now.

Hi, no worries you 2 I wouldn't expect most modders to go out and test for such interactions with other mod. That's what user should be there for and why I am here for. I can't do much for the real modders out there but testing and bug reporting is something I try to do for myself, and so I try to share my finding when I feel it may benefit others. Glad it be so well received that means a lot :). Even happier that the issues are relatively easily resolved.

THANKS!!!

P.S. Love the newer stockalike textures Spanner they look really good looking forward to more.

Edited by Svm420

OKAY chaps I've deleted and recreated the mod on SpaceDock a whole new fresh experience,  and renewed all the links here.  https://spacedock.info/mod/1233/SM_Stryker Stryker armory and aerospace cont

It doesn't include the fixes mentioned above as I want them tested by a FAR user or two before I release something broken again.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not in CKAN?

Hi , as far as I'm aware non of the mods I own or maintain are on CKAN . I'm not a fan of the blind downloading that CKAN promotes, by blind downloading I mean people installing something because they like the way it sounds, rather than coming here and finding out something about the mod, any issues it may have and anything that may affect your user experience.  and only then installing it, fully informed as to what to expect

I fully appreciate that some players will not download anything that doesn't come via CKAN,  but as I'm not doing this to amass downloads, fans or gain rep it doesn't matter to me at all.

As is the case with many mod makers , I have little interest in sorting out meta data and ckan compatibility issues. If someone lists on CKAN fine, but I have more than enough on my modding plate as it is .

Thanks for your interest though

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi , as far as I'm aware non of the mods I own or maintain are on CKAN . I'm not a fan of the blind downloading that CKAN promotes, by blind downloading I mean people installing something because they like the way it sounds, rather than coming here and finding out something about the mod, any issues it may have and anything that may affect your user experience.  and only then installing it, fully informed as to what to expect

I fully appreciate that some players will not download anything that doesn't come via CKAN,  but as I'm not doing this to amass downloads, fans or gain rep it doesn't matter to me at all.

As is the case with many mod makers , I have little interest in sorting out meta data and ckan compatibility issues. If someone lists on CKAN fine, but I have more than enough on my modding plate as it is .

Thanks for your interest though

Interesting way of thinking. I personally always had problems with manual downloading and installing mods - I like to use a lot of them and eventually mod-souping would create uncompatibility issues. I started using CKAN because it nearly elliminates those problems. I had no idea that there were purist modders who saw CKAN as an offensive venue for downloading and mixing mods! You really learn something everyday.

Thanks for the input. I will download manually and check it out.

21 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

I had no idea that there were purist modders who saw CKAN as an offensive venue for downloading and mixing mods!

I wouldn't call it offensive by any means and for many provides a great service.

To some extent I'm just an old school mod maker  who believes that you should  know exactly what you're  installing and where it's going, and how to get rid of it without relying on third party software.  It's a bit like Marmite you either love it or you don't

That said installing parts mods like this one is not at all difficult, if you stick to these golden rules you'll be fine,

Never place another GameData folder inside your normal KSP GameData folder, so any mod the comes packaged  for example " awesomemodv1/GameData/awesomemods  "  will first and always be removed from the downloaded GameData folder and then  awesomemods folder can be placed in KSP's GameData folder

Never remove anything from a mod folder or rearrange the folders of files within it, without fully understanding the implications. 

And to my mind the biggest and most important rule of all with mods is "if in doubt ask" I may not favor CKAN but I'll not leave you hanging for a  for an answer to any issue regarding anything i have any hand in creation of.