How to make a new install with steam

Dont know if I understand the question correctly. So you want to have another install that is not connected to steam? If yes:

-Go to your steam directory, and find the KSP folder.

(Usually it is: driveC/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/commom/kerbalspaceprogram)

-copy this whole folder to wherever you want it. Now just play this from there.

But if you want to get a new install through steam, because you think your install is corrupted or whatever, just delete the whole folder and make steam install it again. Or steam also has the option to verify your folders if you right click the game in the steam library.

hope this helps

Edited by Dafni

22 minutes ago, Dafni said:

Dont know if I understand the question correctly. So you want to have another install that is not connected to steam? If yes:

-Go to your steam directory, and find the KSP folder.

(Usually it is: driveC/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/commom/kerbalspaceprogram)

-copy this whole folder to wherever you want it. Now just play this from there.

But if you want to get a new install through steam, because you think your install is corrupted or whatever, just delete the whole folder and make steam install it again. Or steam also has the option to verify your folders if you right click the game in the steam library.

hope this helps

Almost what i want is a new install with or without steam.

what i use to do is copy the ksp folder and delete all mods and savegames but it still keps some data

I use Steam only to obtain a clean stock installation after a major patch. I will:

- Tell Steam to install KSP
- Without even launching the game, copy the game's folder off to somewhere else
- Tell Steam to "delete local content", AKA uninstall.

Then I usually zip the game folder up into an archive. It's useful for me to have archives of various pristine KSP versions around, since I help out with a mod.

Now whenever I actually want to play KSP, I create a new "installation" from my archives, toss whatever mods I like in there, and have at it. :)

I've done that a lot and this is what I do every time (assuming you already have KSP installed):

- Open Steam and choose KSP
- Right click on Kerbal Space Program in left bar - Properties
- Local Files
- Browse Local Files
- This will open a folder (with GameData for example). Delete the folder you're currently in (Kerbal Space Program) by using the top bar to go back in folders
- I always empty the trash just to make sure
- Go back to Steam and the small window (Properties)
- Delete local game content
- Delete
- Install KSP again

Note that this will delete all your data in KSP including game saves, mods, settings and more. It will be like you installed KSP for the first time.
I hope I helped you. Have a great day ;D

Edited by JonathanDahlq
Just making things a little bit more readable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.