Good Tech tree?

nascarlaser1

Hi guys!

I like playing with the ETT (engineering tech tree) but I do not enjoy starting out unmanned. Is there any other tech tree mods that let me choose any tech direction/choices I want, but so that the first node is manned? If anyone knows how to edit the config file for ETT to swap the nodes with the stayputnik and the mk1 command pod, so I get the same effect without changing mods?

43 minutes ago, Li0n said:

I use the Community Tech Tree. It 's an "extended" version of the stock tech tree so you will start with manned pod.

Does it let me choose what kind of tech I unlock first ? (example: on the ETT I could build rovers by unlocking only rover specific parts, without having to waste science unlocking the rocket parts as well, or vice versa.)

12 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Does it let me choose what kind of tech I unlock first ? (example: on the ETT I could build rovers by unlocking only rover specific parts, without having to waste science unlocking the rocket parts as well, or vice versa.)

Nope. The start of the tree feel very similar to the stock one, rocket part only. You don't have any choice at start, the more you advance more choice you get. Like a tree, from one trunk to multiple branch. XCkHCrs.png

26 minutes ago, Li0n said:

Nope. The start of the tree feel very similar to the stock one, rocket part only. You don't have any choice at start, the more you advance more choice you get. Like a tree, from one trunk to multiple branch. XCkHCrs.png

Oh. :(. I prefer the ETT because instead of a "tree" its more like a "Web". It starts out in the center with some basic science, the stayputnik, and a few engines, and then lets you spiral out in 4 different directions from there, which then split into 2 or more other directions.

If you like ETT but want manned available right from the start, I know of no mod that does that natively. My advice would be to edit the GameData\ETT\EngTechTree.cfg file and move the parts you want unlocked at the start in the "id = start" node. It's just a text file and not hard to follow.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.