A KSP Movie - The Falling Star

James510

Hello, and yes, we are DONE WITH THE MOVIE!

Poster2.png

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Falling Star

Disclaimer - This is not the RP Kerbin, as to not offend and/or get a thousand requests for people's own country to be placed in the movie.

Trailer

Three minutes of Eyecandy for all!

Space Program Movie - The Falling Star Trailer

Two nations, the Relta and Falistil are two opposing countries perpetually at war. Usually it's small skirmishes, however, this time a valuable military satellite known as the 'Falling Star' was deorbited by an explosion. It carried top secret Relta data on weapons that would cause widespread destruction on the planet. So now, the Falistil and Relta forces rush to recover the weapons that would give them the upper hand.

And yes, the entire soundtrack is touhou music.

I have no idea why.

________

Youtube Group - TehLazyPirates - http://www.youtube.com/user/TehLazyPirates

Manager/Filming/Editing - James510 - http://www.youtube.com/user/JamesL510

Storyline/Craft/Original Idea - Tim_Barrett - http://www.youtube.com/user/MegaTim42

Storyline/Craft/Advisor - Misterspork - http://www.youtube.com/user/Misterspork57

Previewers/Quality Control -

Izdan

KhaoticPoisionIce

________

Current Status (In order of to do)

Opening - Check

First Battle - Check

Naval Engagement - Check

Research Lab - Check

Convoy - Check

Backstory + Explosions - Check

Massive Land Battle - Check

Massive Battle in general - Check

Diplomatic Cutscene - Check

Big cities on fire - Check

Final Battle - Check

Superweapon - Check

Ending - Check

GLORIOUS MUSIC - Check

Movie is currently - 60 Minutes Long, 100% Completed.

Planned Length - 60 Minutes

Edited by James510

.craft Download links:

SPH craft(Planes, Spaceplanes, Boats, Tanks, ground installations)

http://www./?rux4z54riu9l9he

VAB craft(Rockets, ICBMS, etc)

http://www./?7cyd2vbh9ljq875

Mods used

Stock 0.16

Damned Robotics

Damned Aerospace

Mission RSD

Carts

SUNBEAM Laser

JellyCube\'s various mods

NovaPunch

Click the mod name to go to the thread.

Soundtrack Playlist

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1C955DE95BFAAD91

Devs\' Log

James\' Notes - 7/29/12 - 16:09 - Why make a movie?

Well we\'ve been thinking about making a KSP based movie for a long time now, even back to reboot RP. What with Radion\'s Great Munar War and all the things that were going on, it would\'ve been a great time to make an RP based movie. However, when RP was shutdown, we all kinda went our own way and lost interest. A few months later, however, we all watched the 'KSP War' video on youtube, and it gave me an idea. Instead of moving every individual craft to it\'s location, why don\'t I just use some fancy editing and EDIT IN a whole army? So I messed around with the idea, posted a sole video demonstrating this, and the project began.

So, why the Touhou music? -

Well, on TehLazyPirates I had a newfound love for Touhou, and even did a Let\'s Play Subterranean Animisim with Misterspork on it. With the wide variety of music and every possible genre to choose from, I thought it\'d be a great idea to do a Touhou exclusive soundtrack! Other than that, I have no idea. The soundtrack\'s amazing though, I\'ll link the song\'s we\'ve chosen in a non-spoiler fasion at a later date.

Also the 3 minute trailer is all you\'re getting for now.

It should be enough anyways

James\' Notes -7/29/12 - 21:28 - /sighofrelief

I can\'t tell you how worried I was when I read -

'Please take note that normal recordings of gameplay is not considered Fan-works, it must be original content.'

Good thing i read around some more and saw -

'Gameplay, when used in a manner to tell a story or when containing forms of editing is permitted'

-phew

EDIT -

Status Update! About 10 more minutes of raw footage filmed! I mean, just LOOK at this!

Update1.png

Editing tomorrow, because today we celebrate the public release of the trailer by not doing anything at all.

James\' Notes -7/30/12 - 17:03 - Another 8 minutes done!

Welp, finally edited the battle. It was very VERY time consuming.

Screenshots -

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

We are now at 30 Minutes of footage and 80% of our goals!

Pants Shat Counter

[move]162[/move]

/sighofrelief

I can\'t tell you how worried I was when I read -

'Please take note that normal recordings of gameplay is not considered Fan-works, it must be original content.'

Good thing i read around some more and saw -

'Gameplay, when used in a manner to tell a story or when containing forms of editing is permitted'

-phew

EDIT -

Status Update! About 10 more minutes of raw footage filmed! I mean, just LOOK at this!

Update1.png

Editing tomorrow, because today we celebrate the public release of the trailer by not doing anything at all.

Edited by James510

How did you make 3 jet fighters fly in formation? ???

And, if you can, try to get rid of the minilag. If there\'s no way to do that, setting the timewarp to 0.5 with a plugin and then showing it at 2x time could work.

I\'m just gonna try this out. Setting timewarp to less than one. Imagine what you can do with that...

Just so long as the action is a bit slower paced with the final version.

Of course, the trailer was just meant to have WAY too many explosions. The final version flows better.

How did you make 3 jet fighters fly in formation? ???

Video Editing, of course. The last few battles will be massive with about 50 planes and 100 tanks each so it\'d be impossible to do without editing.

Status Update - Another 8 minutes done!

Welp, finally edited the battle. It was very VERY time consuming.

Screenshots -

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

We are now at 30 Minutes of footage and 80% of our goals!

Update - Pushing Onwards

With the final 4 minute battle in place, we\'ve set the time goal to 1 hour. The only thing left now is the final battle and credits! The final battle should be the longest battle being at least 15 minutes long, going up to 20 if we\'re crazy enough.

Screenshot from 4 minute stratosphere battle.

stratoscreeny.png

Intercontinental Ballistic Jet Fighters?

15 minute massive battle, sounds like a lot of work...

You know it! The missile launched planes were interesting to build and fly at least. Not very ideal since I had to refilm a bunch of times.

And yeah, 15 minute battle. The 10 minute tank/air battle was easier since it was just in one area, but this one has 5 stages of battle, and has naval, aerial, and land battles happening all at once. And a superweapon.

You know it! The missile launched planes were interesting to build and fly at least. Not very ideal since I had to refilm a bunch of times.

And yeah, 15 minute battle. The 10 minute tank/air battle was easier since it was just in one area, but this one has 5 stages of battle, and has naval, aerial, and land battles happening all at once. And a superweapon.

*Que dramatic music*

I can\'t wait, this looks awesome.

Off Topic, but I have no idea how new forum works.

Can\'t wait for the movie to be finished.

How did you mange to get multiple planes to fly straight and have their engines running at the same time?

8 MINUTES TILL WE'RE FINISHED!

Basically I greenscreened or bluescreened the background out, and copied the planes.

Holy bleep everything just got unspoilered. I hate the new forums already.

Yep. Now our front page is screwed up.

THREE MINUTES of filming footage and then editing. Then about 6 hours of rendering and another for uploading. And by tomorrow, it'll be ready.