Plugin request

Dear Forum Users,

whether its possible or not I just wanted to put this out there.

I came up with an idea for a plugin to make designing spacecraft cost money in career mode. let me explain. Right now we design spacecraft in ksp which all basically have a fixed costs: partscosts of parts - recovered parts = cost of rocket launch. Now if we take the Saturn V as an example, a quick google search gave me that it cost about $1.16 Billion in today's money to launch 1 Saturn V. However the development costs of the Saturn V were an estimated $60 billion in todays money. 

That begs the question: Would it be possible to make a plugin that measures the time spend building in the VAB/SPH and have it cost 10 Funds per minute (for example). 

this makes designing spacecraft cost money. Also, if u launch an already designed craft u will spend marginal time in the VAB/SPH thus there will be none to barely any "development costs". A slider could be introduced that specifies how much funds one minute would cost so the mod is adjustable to any player.

I look forward to everyone's toughts about this.

Capekerbinaveral

I think this is part of the idea behind having unlocking parts in the tech tree cost money. You have a one-time funds investment to "develop the technology", and after that, you can use it in any way you like.

Of course, in stock KSP, part unlock costs are pretty trivial... especially early on.

Edited by Streetwind

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.