Which languages do you speak?

NSEP

21 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

A little German? Does that mean you only speak German to German speaking midgets? :D

21 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

It was easier than learning High German. :confused:

hehehe.....

No, I was stationed in Germany for 2 years, and I learned a lot...  Unfortunately that was in the 1980's, so I've also forgotten a lot. :confused:

Right now :

- French (as the birth language)

- American English (so tar from the perfection, but being in Florida for a year and half now helps me a lot)

- Spanish... actually we start learning Spanish as a second "mandatory" language at school when I was 10. Yep, in our midget territory the English is an obligation at 7-8, and a second has to be learnt. But don't worry it strictly doesn't mean that we are good, it's even the total opposite as most of our teachers and what should be their passion of teaching are just pitiful at the best. So I, just like many others, do not speak Spanish, but a mix of Argentinian, Chilean, Cuban, Dominican, Peruvian, Puerto-Rican and Venezuelan... just showing the terrible mix of different teachers we got.

And I used to speak a bit of :

- Italian

- Polish

- Portuguese

- Russian (Totally forgotten for now... apart of the insults)

I would love to restart the Russian completely and learn my dreams of Hebrew than modern Persian.

My native language is Portuguese, and since my family moved twice when I was younger, I also speak English fluently (I mush american and brit spelling all the time), although my pronunciation of everything has kinda died due to a lack of speaking it.

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, the only thing i know in Chinese is Wo Bu Shi Zhengweng wich litterly means im not Chinese.

I also once changed my Ipad language to русский so now i know a few Russkey words.

And Dutch is the hardest language out there. I mean, the word for sample in dutch is monster. So yeah.

I speak German, Russian and English.

On 10.02.2017 at 1:56 AM, LordFerret said:

The questions was "Which languages do you speak?"

So, unless you're going to stand there saying...

:rolleyes:

Is this little or big endian?

I am boring. I speak Russian, English (still trying to believe it), and also I know Latin and Greek languages a wee bit. Oh, and also I slightly know Egyptian, but there are nobody to speak with.

English, Swedish and a bit of French.

I can read Danish easily (since it's similar to Swedish), same story for Norwegian. 

I can understand Oriya when it''s spoken (since my parents speak it to each other all the time). I have no clue how to read, write or speak it, though. :P 

Oh, and I know "thank you" in Chinese.

Edited by TheEpicSquared

In descending order of fluency:  English, Japanese, French, Russian (the latter's pretty rusty).  Tiny smattering of words in Mandarin.

Or if you prefer machine languages:  Java, C#, C++, C, perl, bash, Scala, with ancient and decades-unused Fortran, Pascal, and BASIC lurking in there.  (But not COBOL.  I'm old, but I'm not that old.)  :)  My favorites are C# (for productivity), Scala (for sheer coolness), and Java (for buying the groceries, even though I don't actually like it).

On 3/1/2017 at 6:43 PM, Kerbal101 said:

I speak German, Russian and English.

Is this little or big endian?

I often wonder, exactly how many computer geeks out there knew this:

Origin

1980s: from Swift's Gulliver's Travels, in which big-endians and little-endians ate boiled eggs by breaking the ‘big’ end or ‘little’ end respectively.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/endian

:wink:

1 hour ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I've often wondered who breaks their egg on an end. It's supposed to be broken on the equator; it's weakest there.

Nihilist!

12 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

and I can count to 10 in Spanish

The same as in Kerbish, but 10..9. ... 1... zero!

I speak Portuguese as my native tongue and English.

I've been reading, writing and listening in English pretty much daily for over a decade, so I'm fluent, but I don't talk, so my accent is still quite noticeable.

I've also taken some semesters of German in college, but unfortunately that didn't stick :(

On 01/03/2017 at 7:47 PM, The Raging Sandwich said:

Hallo, ich bin ein Brot.

:sticktongue:

I speak Spanish as native, and also I'm native to the almost forgotten Catalan language (because in Spain, in some regions, we don't have enough with one language, we need TWO native languages (Catalan in my case, Euskera in Euskadi (also known as Basque Country) and Galician in Galice

Si, ara mateix parlo català, l'idioma de Catalunya. (Translation: Now I speak Catalan, the language front Catalonia)

Also, I speak a little of German

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.