What chatter i should add next?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Soo...

• Apollo 15
    • Other Apollo
    • Soyuz
    • Other crafts, like Mercury

Chatterer+

This add-on adds additional chatter for your game!

Current version: 0.4

Requres Chatterer to work!

So currently it adds:

• Apollo 15 chatter(still in work)
  • Apollo 8 chatter (in work too)
  • Mercury 6 chatter (in work...)

Installation:
Paste GameData in your game folder(overwrite if new version);
In chatter menu(settings tab) enable  show additional stettings;
In chatter menu press ChatterSets and type apollo15, apollo8 and mercury6;
Press Load;
Check it.
Picture:h2Lx9Kf.png

To do list:
Spoiler
  • Add more chatter
  • Simplificate installing

Known issues:

Mercury 6 chatter is a litle bit loud. I`l fix it.

Changelog:

0.4 Added Mercury 6 chatter

Spoiler

0.3 Fixed loudness.

0.2 Fix Deleted another mod, that i accidentlly put in gamedata.

0.2 Added Apollo 8 chatter

0.1 Initial release

Licensed under:

Лицензия Creative Commons

CC-BY Attribution 4.0 International

Download:

Spacedock

Dropbox

Edited by Nick233

Uh. Spacedock link says this:

Unauthorized

The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

5 minutes ago, whale_2 said:

Uh. Spacedock link says this:

Unauthorized

The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

emm... Ok, i`ll try to fix it!

Edit: Oh, i didnt pushed "Publish" button XD Fixed now.

Edited by Nick233

Might keep your forum thread and all references to " Chatterer " in the correct spelling, I assume you want everything to be read as " Chatterer+ ". Right now your thread title and reference on the spacedock page is missing the second "er" :) Just a heads up to make things look professionally :)

1 minute ago, Theysen said:

Might keep your forum thread and all references to " Chatterer " in the correct spelling, I assume you want everything to be read as " Chatterer+ ". Right now your thread title and reference on the spacedock page is missing the second "er" :) Just a heads up to make things look professionally :)

Oh, fixed it.

That's a very good idea. I can't play without Chatterer but after 2-3 years the sample feel a bit repetitive :wink:

As a suggestion would you consider making new sound for this mod ? From the same author.

1 hour ago, Li0n said:

That's a very good idea. I can't play without Chatterer but after 2-3 years the sample feel a bit repetitive :wink:

As a suggestion would you consider making new sound for this mod ? From the same author.

hmm... I`ll try that. Edit: Maybe add one from 1.0 trailer countdown?

50 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

If I may humbly suggest, perhaps try and add this? I'm not a very religious person but this gives me chills.

Oh, good quality! (I was working with nasa archive) I`ll surely do it.

Edited by Nick233

55 minutes ago, Nick233 said:

I prefer human over kerbal-ish but why not ? I was more thinking about sound from the space shuttle or countdown launch in other language than english.

Thanks for sharing this.

Suggestion - add a "Requires" line in the OP with a link to Chatterer page or download. Would help users find the needed mod and would also clear up any confusion about this being a fork/replacement.

On 07/02/2017 at 0:51 PM, Nick233 said:

I really like the idea of adding all the "kerbal" language that is available from all of the promotional KSP content. Add a little bit of static fuzz to make it sound like it is being transmitted, and bam, more, more canonical content to add...

34 minutes ago, Errol said:

I really like the idea of adding all the "kerbal" language that is available from all of the promotional KSP content. Add a little bit of static fuzz to make it sound like it is being transmitted, and bam, more, more canonical content to add...

Well i currently not developing anything(i have no free time) but a litle later ill try this.

Edited by Nick233

This is a great little add-on, the original sounds soon get a bit repetitive. And I love the historic aspect of the sounds. But personally, I just want the ambience, the same feeling of Kerbal chatter as the originals.

So I'd be perfectly happy with random air traffic controller chatter, as long as it sounds the same as the originals. It'd be an inexhaustible source of raw material, and the overall sound quality should be roughly the same.

Is there a way to more or less automatically process a large number of sound files?

On 2/18/2017 at 7:06 AM, MagicCuboid said:

Does this mod play the sounds backwards (I think) like the original Chatterer, or is it in English/Russian etc.?

It plays the new sound files backwards like the original Chatterer.

I also wanted to send out a huge thank you to Nick233 for adding the new sound files...the original Chatterer is awesome for ambiance but as others have said, it was getting a little repetitive.  Hehe, now I want more sound files! :) 

More people need to be aware of this mod add-on, it is a worthy addition to Chatterer, one of my favs! 

Edited by Red Stapler
Bad Engalish

14 minutes ago, Red Stapler said:

It plays the new sound files backwards like the original Chatterer.

I also wanted to send out a huge thank you to Nick233 for adding the new sound files...the original Chatterer is awesome for ambiance but as others have said, it was getting a little repetitive.  Hehe, now I want more sound files! :) 

More people need to be aware of this mod add-on, it is a worthy addition to Chatterer, one of my favs! 

Cool, thanks! I'll have to give this a try. Way to go Nick233 :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/18/2017 at 5:13 AM, snotmaster said:

So I'd be perfectly happy with random air traffic controller chatter

This. You're playing the sounds backwards, does it really matter whether it's Apollo 15 or random launch/flight chatter, and as um... snotmaster pointed out, for a good selection of "instruction/response" chatter just take any of the eleventy zillion public recorded ATC/pilot conversations. And if you could detect bad things about to happen, like impact with Kerbin at 1700mps, so you could switch to stressed out/confused pilot ATC conversations, that would be cool. Just don't use crash ATC comms, that would be creepy.

In fact no reason you couldn't record them yourself or with some help, then you can get really creative and wouldn't be constrained by space mission recorded comms - like have an optional full Houston-type preflight go/no go sequence from the teams ("Flight?" "Go!" "CAPCOMM? "GO!") - properly Kerbalized it would be both awesome and amusing. And then an optional countdown as well from 60/30/10 depending on settings, with good consistent gibberish words for each number, those shouldn't be totally random. Actually seems to me (you can see I'm new) that is something Squad have to have done at some point, but if they didn't (and no one else has) you also get to make up the canonical Kerbal numbers :cool:

Suppress it for testing, then when you're ready for full mission, kick in the whole go/no go sequence and a 30 second countdown- that would be very cool.

Now off to actually try the mod whereupon I will find that everything I'm suggesting is already there :rolleyes: 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.