[Released][1.3.1] Antenna Helper [v0.90] (27 Feb 2018)

Li0n

2 hours ago, flart said:

Consider Making "Antenna Helper Lite" — in-game copy of Google Doc table.

Without circles, vessel detection, etc.

If it can save you some time I probably make Antenna Helper configurable in the future, at least toggleable per scene. I'd also like to add some sort of unlock feature per tech level, the way MechJeb does it.

To be honest this is so far from the top of my to-do list that it's not even in it :)

4 hours ago, flart said:

Consider Making "Antenna Helper Lite" — in-game copy of Google Doc table.

Without circles, vessel detection, etc.

maybe see if you could do something with this:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50884-13-in-game-notes-notepad-checklist-v0141-20170526/

Edited by Stone Blue

46 minutes ago, Li0n said:

Does it have Excel-like functionality ? (no idea how to call that in english)

idk... I think its pretty much text copy/pasta... so you could probably do a "static" type of list... prolly wont have any of the "live" Excel functions, tho... so you'ld maybe have to do that all in Excel, for specific missions, external to KSP, then import the "table" into KSP using the Notes mod... ?? vOv

or maybe take a screenshot of finished table, and use this mod of his:

I use that one for displaying various DeltaV maps in game, instead of having to switch to an external image viewer... I use it to view pdfs converted to images...
I'm on a potato comp, so anything I can keep from opening external programs while playing is a big plus

oops... the Image Viewer has been continued by LGG:

Edited by Stone Blue

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

various DeltaV maps in game

there is KSPedia Version of Community Delta-V Map. 

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

I am already use the notepad.

"Antenna Helper Lite" — in-game copy of Google Doc table.

I am talking about a lightweight one-window mod — choosing 2 sets of antennas and distance (manually or 2 bodies + [min/max modificator]) and get commNet %.

Edited by flart

4 minutes ago, flart said:

I am talking about a lightweight one-window mod — choosing 2 sets of antennas and distance (manually or 2 bodies + [min/max modificator]) and get commNet %.

What about an older version of Antenna Helper, before I add the circles etc.. The number in the editor are accurate, I think, since a while.

5 hours ago, AlexALX said:

Can you please make multilanguage support? I can even help with needed code changes and provide later russian translation.

This is something I want to do, already got an offer for Chinese, but not before the UI is done. I don't even started the one for the flight scene. I'll ping you once it's done.

3 hours ago, Li0n said:

This is something I want to do, already got an offer for Chinese, but not before the UI is done. I don't even started the one for the flight scene. I'll ping you once it's done.

Ok, thank you.

Also it seems after i updated this mod - i can't anymore use it in tracking center, button just do nothing (no menu shown), but it works in flight. So what can be wrong? I looked inside log files and there is no any errors when i'm pressing button or while loading, so logs are useless. However if i load new game it start works, so i think it might be issue with old saves (with old antenna helper installed before) or maybe due to large amount of vessels?

Edited by AlexALX

13 hours ago, AlexALX said:

Also it seems after i updated this mod - i can't anymore use it in tracking center, button just do nothing (no menu shown), but it works in flight. So what can be wrong? I looked inside log files and there is no any errors when i'm pressing button or while loading, so logs are useless. However if i load new game it start works, so i think it might be issue with old saves (with old antenna helper installed before) or maybe due to large amount of vessels?

I think I know what's going on. I'll fix it asap.

12 hours ago, Apaseall said:

This mod is not appearing in my game. I also posted for PartAnlgeDisplay. Maybe its a ToolbarControl thing?

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8hk4vhv7jmm1h6/saves for Antenna Helper.1.output_log.txt?dl=0

From the log AntennaHelper seems to load correctly. From the log I see you use KSP 1.3.1, AntennaHelper 0.16 and ToolbarControl 0.1.4.6 Is it correct ? Should all be good.

I guess you don't see it in any scene ? Flight, Editor and Tracking Station ? If the problem is only in the tracking station it's the same issue as quoted above.

I guess you already know it but that's the button your looking for : BXuEy3o.png and if you want to use it with the Toolbar mod you need to set "use_blizzy_toolbar = True" in "GameData/AntennaHelper/PluginData/Settings.cfg".

You can try to delete the AntennaHelper folder from you GameData, re-download and re-install it. Other than that I don't see what advice I can give you as from the log everything seems ok...

PS : could you zip your log file next time you need to post it ? On my third world internet connection it takes almost 10min to download...

Edited by Li0n

28 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Li0n

Regarding the option of the blizzy toolbar, would you like me to create a settings page so it can be changed without having to restart?

If you wish so, I'll eventually do it myself at some point, there is other settings I want to add too.

35 minutes ago, AlexALX said:

@Li0n Yep it works now! I have small delay when first time click on button (and menu shown without any option), but after few seconds its back to normal and i can see overlay in tracking center. Thank you)

The delay is normal, it takes a little time after the scene is load for the CommNet to load too. And if I get the values of the CommNet too early, I don't get any errors, but they are completely off, which is really bad. Take me a while to figure this out.

Anyway there is now a 1-2s delay before the UI is ready, and if the CommNet gets updated later on the UI may disappear/stop working for the same delay. Haven't try that actually, I think it occurs when a vessel gets out of range.

Edited by Li0n

On 1/31/2018 at 3:22 AM, Li0n said:

From the log AntennaHelper seems to load correctly. From the log I see you use KSP 1.3.1, AntennaHelper 0.16 and ToolbarControl 0.1.4.6 Is it correct ? Should all be good.

@Li0n Just an FYI, the problem was solved, it was another mod which was causing the problem

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Li0n Just an FYI, the problem was solved, it was another mod which was causing the problem

Tired, and too much going on, I should have added this:

The mod which was causing the problem was the Adjustable Mod Panel.  It wasn't updated, and the original version was not compatible with the Toolbar Controller.  The author did make it compatible with my help (ie:  I added a method to the Toolbar Controller for him), so the current version works.  Compounding this was the fact that the initial release of the AMP didn't have a .version file, so it wasn't obvious that it was out of date.  Again, it was added after the first release.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, woeller said:

@Li0n

With Kopernicus 1.3.1-6  installed, Antenna Helper's coloured Circles in Map View/Tracking Station disapear very early. I think they work like Orbit Fade Lines since these are also hidden earlier since the update of Kopernicus.

Thanks for the report.

One thing I like you to try : go to the mapView (tracking station works a bit differently) and tell me if the circle still disappear when zooming far away from the circles. I guess Kopernicus fade object on certain layer, AntennaHelper circles switch layer based on the distance from the camera (due to culling issue on the layer where they look best).

I'm working on an update for Antenna Helper right now, complete rewrite of the flight scene code, due for bringing windows with NUMBERS in flight :)

10 minutes ago, Li0n said:

Thanks for the report.

One thing I like you to try : go to the mapView (tracking station works a bit differently) and tell me if the circle still disappear when zooming far away from the circles. I guess Kopernicus fade object on certain layer, AntennaHelper circles switch layer based on the distance from the camera (due to culling issue on the layer where they look best).

I'm working on an update for Antenna Helper right now, complete rewrite of the flight scene code, due for bringing windows with NUMBERS in flight :)

Same in Tracking Station. Reported this also to Thomas P.

https://imgur.com/a/YC5yY

1 minute ago, woeller said:

Same in Tracking Station. Reported this also to Thomas P.

https://imgur.com/a/YC5yY

That's expected behavior. A bug nonetheless but I'm aware of it and have nothing to do with Kopernicus. But it should happen only in the Tracking Station, NOT in MapView. Could you try again in the MapView ?

1 minute ago, woeller said:

Everything seems to work in flight/Map View.

thumbup.png

Thanks, no new bug then. @Thomas P. nothing to worry about.

I'll take a look at fixing this issue when KSP 1.4 is out. Hopefully the new Unity version will change some stuff about shader/camera/etc...

Just now, Li0n said:

Thanks, no new bug then. @Thomas P. nothing to worry about.

I'll take a look at fixing this issue when KSP 1.4 is out. Hopefully the new Unity version will change some stuff about shader/camera/etc...

Well, there is a bug, Kopernicus fades out orbit lines too early. And @woeller actually was the first person to submit screenshots showing the bug, so that helped me a lot tracking it down. He just assumed my bug is also the cause for your bug