Heritage Challenges [1 available for reboot]

On 9/19/2017 at 4:42 PM, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

@Speeding Mullet the eve rocks challenge is now closed. no one has posted there for months.

On 10/15/2017 at 3:12 AM, ATEC said:

@Speeding Mullet Stock Fraction challenge is closed. I might make a new one for 1.3 and up in the future :)

Sorry for the delay, I've been having a 1000 post break from the forum and game.  I've updated the OP to display Eve Rocks as available for reboot.  @ATEC do you want dibs on re-booting for 1.3, or are you all good to give it up for reboot?

Thanks

SM

4 hours ago, Speeding Mullet said:

Sorry for the delay, I've been having a 1000 post break from the forum and game.  I've updated the OP to display Eve Rocks as available for reboot.  @ATEC do you want dibs on re-booting for 1.3, or are you all good to give it up for reboot?

Thanks

SM

yup 

Is it a problem if I propose the Kerbal Express Airlines Challenge as a heritage Challenge? Currently in its second reboot, its a very high quality challenge from @keptin and now maintained by @Mjp1050. Not sure if it has received TOTM status, but I fell it wouldn't be a bad addition to the list of heritage challenges.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/165372-kerbal-express-airlines-regional-jet-challenge-reboot/

Edited by qzgy

On 10/22/2017 at 6:18 AM, qzgy said:

Is it a problem if I propose the Kerbal Express Airlines Challenge as a heritage Challenge? Currently in its second reboot, its a very high quality challenge from @keptin and now maintained by @Mjp1050. Not sure if it has received TOTM status, but I fell it wouldn't be a bad addition to the list of heritage challenges.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/165372-kerbal-express-airlines-regional-jet-challenge-reboot/

Hi there really sorry for the slow reply!  I was looking at this one yesterday actually, and definitely think it deserves a place :). I will update the OP.

On 10/24/2017 at 12:55 AM, ATEC said:

I can surely take on a re-boot for 1.3 I'll setup a post asap

Cool let me know when you post a new OP and I will get it on the OP for you!

SM

@Speeding Mullet I was reading through the challenges in den OP and noticed the Caveman Challenge seems to be abandoned, and @MoeslyArmlis wasn't online since December 2016.

However, there is another challenge that I would like to suggest as an Heritage Challenge: the Caveman Evolved Challenge. @5thHorseman balanced the rules very well, and I think it is worth considering it as a Heritage Challenge. I am not sure if the challenge is "Accepted by the community in its first iteration as an amazing challenge by pure quality and volume of entries" but I think it is still a great Challenge and we could start a peer review process.

1 hour ago, jonny said:

@Speeding Mullet I was reading through the challenges in den OP and noticed the Caveman Challenge seems to be abandoned, and @MoeslyArmlis wasn't online since December 2016.

However, there is another challenge that I would like to suggest as an Heritage Challenge: the Caveman Evolved Challenge. @5thHorseman balanced the rules very well, and I think it is worth considering it as a Heritage Challenge. I am not sure if the challenge is "Accepted by the community in its first iteration as an amazing challenge by pure quality and volume of entries" but I think it is still a great Challenge and we could start a peer review process.

Hi there,

There are a couple of challenges in a similar position currently in the Heritage OP, rest assured that I am aware of them and I have made contact out of courtesy with relevant people.  I really have to give OP's of the challenge as well as notable contributors and unofficial admins a reasonable opportunity to respond before I list a challenge as available for reboot.  I do not want to appear as or be seen to be acting arbitrarily in any way, or perceived as a moderator of others challenges.

I've already discussed @5thHorseman's challenge with them directly, thanks for the suggestion though.

SM

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, sorry for the (very) extended leave of absence.  Have a lot going on and just have barely had any time to maintain things like this, let alone play games.  I guess I also took a bit of a break from KSP altogether too, as I found I was going in design circles a lot and never getting anything off the ground.  When that happens to me I know its time to let my creativity go somewhere else and take a break for a while!

I'd like to play some more KSP every now and then.  For that to work I can't really run challenges, or maintain pages like this.  I would request that it un-stickies at this stage.  If someone wants to take on the maintenance task, they could happily copypasta this thread and ask for a sticky on it :)

Happy space voyages everyone.  I might actually get round to updating to the latest version and making a few new ships soon!

SM

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2018 at 1:18 AM, Speeding Mullet said:

Hi everyone, sorry for the (very) extended leave of absence.  Have a lot going on and just have barely had any time to maintain things like this, let alone play games.  I guess I also took a bit of a break from KSP altogether too, as I found I was going in design circles a lot and never getting anything off the ground.  When that happens to me I know its time to let my creativity go somewhere else and take a break for a while!

I'd like to play some more KSP every now and then.  For that to work I can't really run challenges, or maintain pages like this.  I would request that it un-stickies at this stage.  If someone wants to take on the maintenance task, they could happily copypasta this thread and ask for a sticky on it :)

Happy space voyages everyone.  I might actually get round to updating to the latest version and making a few new ships soon!

SM

I'll get working on copy-pasting this thread tomorrow(in the U.S.), if that's all right @Speeding Mullet.

Just now, kerbalstar said:

I'll get working on copy-pasting this thread tomorrow(in the U.S.), if that's all right @Speeding Mullet.

You are welcome to.  The time commitment is probably an hour every other week, sometimes more sometimes less - Just to make sure the thread stays up to date as possible.  If you can't afford that time then I would hesitate :)

SM

Just now, Speeding Mullet said:

You are welcome to.  The time commitment is probably an hour every other week, sometimes more sometimes less - Just to make sure the thread stays up to date as possible.  If you can't afford that time then I would hesitate :)

SM

I can certainly do that. And I might re -boot one of those challenges, just need to do it first.:wink:

2 minutes ago, kerbalstar said:

I can certainly do that. And I might re -boot one of those challenges, just need to do it first.:wink:

There's a couple on the front page available for re-boot, or you could go deep trawling in the bowels of the challenge forum to find one that really should be a heritage challenge.  that was half the fun of OP'ing this page for me!  Good luck, and thanks for picking this up!

EDIT - There's also quite a lot of clean up required from previous posts on challenges to open and close / replace etc.

SM

Edited by Speeding Mullet

Just now, Speeding Mullet said:

There's a couple on the front page available for re-boot, or you could go deep trawling in the bowels of the challenge forum to find one that really should be a heritage challenge.  that was half the fun of OP'ing this page for me!  Good luck, and thanks for picking this up!

SM

You're welcome, and sounds like fun!

• 2 weeks later...

@kerbalstar you're a rock star in my world for redux-ing this thread! Didn't recall seeing the Constellation one so that was a neat find. Having done several attempts in the Constellation challenge I started in '13, making another run was an easy decision. Deep space rendezvous and life support? Oh yeah! Of course, the thread may be defunct, but that isn't stopping me, in fact I've expanded the mission scope to include the Deep Space Gateway for refitting the Copernicus. I might have too much free time..

@Speeding Mullet glad to see you back! Always enjoyed playing those old challenges alongside your attempts. If you haven't tried a KSP version lately you might want to have a look. 

Edited by Death Engineering
If autocorrect is an indication of the AI we need not fear them

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.