Heritage Challenges [1 available for reboot]

Hey everyone who is remaking/reviving challenges! I want to inform that i can do patches and flags for your missions/challenges. Only restriction if commision amounts in totall. (i can't do 999999 commisions a day). So in my signature i will show how many commisions are in progress. (maximum is 3)

If you want your flag use personal messenger. While giving me an idea of what it should look like you need to keep in mind that ia m using MSpaint and that i can't do  absolutely everything.

Here is the examples of my work:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 9:02 AM, KerbolExplorer said:

heres my new entry:

i hope you enjoy my flyght Visuals are:EVE,Scaterrer and distant object encesnent

Pal buddy chum pal friend, you're in the wrong thread. You see, this is a thread for challenges considered to be, uh, unique and awesome(?), are put together in an index. It's literally an index for such challenges. I see you're doing a Shuttle mission, which can be found right 'ere mate.

Hope I helped :D

19 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Pal buddy chum pal friend, you're in the wrong thread. You see, this is a thread for challenges considered to be, uh, unique and awesome(?), are put together in an index. It's literally an index for such challenges. I see you're doing a Shuttle mission, which can be found right 'ere mate.

Hope I helped :D

yea i found out that i was on the wrong thread before

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there!

Can I humbly suggest my "Doing it Apollo Style Challenge" as a heritage challenge? 
The original challenge can be found here, it was a thread of the month, way back in August 2013 and had 47 entries.

The second iteration "Doing it Apollo Style - Redux" has only 16 entries so far, but they have kept comming for about 4 months now. 

On 6/14/2017 at 2:50 AM, Xeldrak said:

Hey there!

Can I humbly suggest my "Doing it Apollo Style Challenge" as a heritage challenge? 
The original challenge can be found here, it was a thread of the month, way back in August 2013 and had 47 entries.

The second iteration "Doing it Apollo Style - Redux" has only 16 entries so far, but they have kept comming for about 4 months now. 

You certainly can suggest it, and I would be very happy to update the OP - It's a cracking challenge.  Probably won't happen until Sat or Sun this week though sorry!

SM

Actually, @Speeding Mullet, although it may break the theme of having individual popular challenges, I have a suggestion that will involve the Doing It Apollo Style challenge.

There are now four challenges (as far as I am aware) that follow that pattern: ones for Apollo, Gemini, Constellation, and now Orion too. In general, it seems to be a fairly popular challenge style, and they're certainly incredibly fun challenges to attempt. So I suggest perhaps including a compilation of these sort of challenges, since they all follow a common theme. The Orion-inspired challenge (for the new Orion, not the old Constellation one) is very new and currently has attracted little attention (but that is likely only because it was only posted 4 hours ago), but it certainly looks promising and does fit the theme.

EDIT: I just remembered Doing It Soviet Style as well, making it five challenges, though I can't find the thread for that one since unfortunately it hasn't had much attention in a while.

Edited by eloquentJane

• 2 weeks later...

the runway speedrun challenges (shameless self-plug) should be on here, as they spawned a couple Ironman challenge entries on Youtube and was so Kerbal, even Scott Manley went "huh?".

Links to follow, but the basic premise was: go as fast as you can on the runway and stop before you reach the end.

It's insanely difficult to reach Mach 1 and *stop* in 2km without your wheels (or skids!) leaving the ground and without breaking your vehicle, but a few managed it!

Edited by ihtoit
added links

On 6/17/2017 at 0:58 AM, Xeldrak said:

@Speeding Mullet Thank you very much :) Don't worry about the delay.

It was a big delay but you should see the challenge in the OP very shortly!

On 6/19/2017 at 2:24 AM, eloquentJane said:

Actually, @Speeding Mullet, although it may break the theme of having individual popular challenges, I have a suggestion that will involve the Doing It Apollo Style challenge.

It's a good idea - What I might do is see about grouping challenges into particular categories (for example - Apollo style, Aircraft missions etc.).  Thanks for the suggestion.  It won't happen immediately but I will get there in the end!

15 hours ago, ihtoit said:

the runway speedrun challenges (shameless self-plug) should be on here, as they spawned a couple Ironman challenge entries on Youtube and was so Kerbal, even Scott Manley went "huh?".

Yeah I've seen some of those speedrun challenges and had a crack previously too.  They look so easy, but when you try they are as you suggest, incredibly hard to do well.  If you can point me to a current, active speedrun challenge I am happy to add to the OP, or if you want it as "available for re-boot" then let me know which thread I should point to.

Thanks!

SM

On 6/18/2017 at 0:24 PM, eloquentJane said:

-snip-

I also remember seeing a Lunex style challenge earlier this year.

3 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

I also remember seeing a Lunex style challenge earlier this year.

Here. Still kinda recent, not much activity lately.

Also tagging @Speeding Mullet, may be interested in adding this

On 02/07/2017 at 4:19 AM, Speeding Mullet said:

It was a big delay but you should see the challenge in the OP very shortly!

It's a good idea - What I might do is see about grouping challenges into particular categories (for example - Apollo style, Aircraft missions etc.).  Thanks for the suggestion.  It won't happen immediately but I will get there in the end!

Yeah I've seen some of those speedrun challenges and had a crack previously too.  They look so easy, but when you try they are as you suggest, incredibly hard to do well.  If you can point me to a current, active speedrun challenge I am happy to add to the OP, or if you want it as "available for re-boot" then let me know which thread I should point to.

Thanks!

SM

I'll get 1.3 running eventually and reboot it, hopefully before v2.0 comes out!

On 6/18/2017 at 5:24 PM, eloquentJane said:

EDIT: I just remembered Doing It Soviet Style as well, making it five challenges, though I can't find the thread for that one since unfortunately it hasn't had much attention in a while.

Here it is. And I've just upgraded it with a new suite of badges drawn in Microsoft Paint!

EDIT:

Oh, never mind, just saw your other post.

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'm currently thinking about whether to morph this thread to include "variations on a theme" or "popular challenges in this style" as suggested but I'm as yet undecided.  Partly as I'm about to drop off the map for 3 weeks (holiday)  and I'll come back with fresh perspective and hopefully fresh ideas on playing KSP, but also because it would involve a fair amount of work in maintenance which is minimal at the moment as the True Heritage challenges are very stable.

Probably just being really lazy, but I also don't want to dilute the thread to the point of being really listy.  I'll think about it while I'm away :).

SM

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.