Thx Devs!

"Landed.at.Jool"

Yo! This is probably not gonna get to them, but I just wanted to thank the devs for their AMAZING work. Ksp is the best game that I've ever played, and if someone who knows one of the Ksp team if you could pass on this message to them, that would be great!

Keep doing Amazing stuff Guys!

KSP still feels to me as if Squad made it specifically for me. So I find it even more amazing that so many others like it, too!

Also, let me use this space to say that I think that the Maneuver Node in the map view alone is a huge accomplishment in user interface design, that cannot be overrated. Reducing much of the complexity of orbital mechanics to a screen element with 6 colorful twiddlethingies to play with, while the resulting trajectory is plotted in realtime, is just great.

That this idea seems so obvious to us now only illustrates how innovative it really is.

On 2/13/2017 at 4:07 PM, n.b.z. said:

KSP still feels to me as if Squad made it specifically for me. So I find it even more amazing that so many others like it, too!

Also, let me use this space to say that I think that the Maneuver Node in the map view alone is a huge accomplishment in user interface design, that cannot be overrated. Reducing much of the complexity of orbital mechanics to a screen element with 6 colorful twiddlethingies to play with, while the resulting trajectory is plotted in realtime, is just great.

That this idea seems so obvious to us now only illustrates how innovative it really is.

Excellent point.

For me, and I dont know how much of a common problem in computer science or simulation this is, but I find it quite fascinating how they work with 3D coordinates that have to be accurate to the millimetre in a space that is light-minutes across with a floating-point system with only 10ish(?) significant figures.

As far as I know, this is one of the core problems with designing a physics engine capable of running a KSP-like sim.

**edit**

...and is why choosing [or converting to] an engine other than unity [eg: unreal engine] would make little difference, all the same difficulties would still be there.

Edited by p1t1o

Well if this is guna be seen eventually by the devs, I may as well throw out my support/thanks to them as well.
Loving the game, 230+ hours in and hanging out for the future plans/updates :D (and I've only just started toying with SSTOs!)

I mean, I always did want a reason to set up a satellite network around the Kerbol system, now I can make all the satellites I want thanks to 1.2 :D (I need to find more excuses to use xenon gas!)

Edited by Joltout

On 2/11/2017 at 5:54 AM, "Landed.at.Jool" said:

Yo! This is probably not gonna get to them, but I just wanted to thank the devs for their AMAZING work. Ksp is the best game that I've ever played, and if someone who knows one of the Ksp team if you could pass on this message to them, that would be great!

Of course its gonna get to them :) . It might have even got there 5 days ago, and this dev forgot to reply at the time cause he'd come back to it... and then got distracted - oh look a fish :wink:

Is always awesome to here from people who are enjoying KSP, I know I "wasted" many hours myself playing it before getting onboard the dev train. Am always looking to the forums and sites to see what people like, what they dont, and how I can help out - and I know the others on the team are the same too.

Super glad you (and others too) are enjoying it and thanks heaps for sharing

On 2/11/2017 at 5:54 AM, "Landed.at.Jool" said:

I'll second what Trigger said. Yes the messages get through, and yes a number of the Devs come from modding and playing KSP for a long time before joining that dev train which means when we have spare time we do read the forums. In fact pretty much all the devs do.
I also had this tab open and it got lost in all the open tabs in my browser for at least the past 2 days. I'll just add that positive feedback is always welcome, keeps us going and it's always appreciated. Thanks for the thoughts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.