[1.2.2-1.9.x] Contract Pack: Exploration Plus 2.0.1 (24/05/2020)

severedsolo

12 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Heya @severedsolo I see v1.0.1 was released middle-Feb.... then in middle-April, you stated support was ending, but if there were any outstanding issues on Git, you might clean them up and (I guess) release a final version...
Links are gone, so I was just wondering if there was anything after v1.0.1?
And absolutely no suggestion to actually do so... I was just wondering if there *was* something already completed/finished after v1.0.1?

The links are still there... although I should probably make them a bit clearer.

In terms of work done after 1.0.1 there was nothing else. There is a bug where doing a flyby of the Sun won't complete properly, which I should probably fix, but other than that, WYSIWYG.

Having said that, I may pick this back up at some point - Contract Configurator support hasn't gone the way I was expecting it to, and I have a little more time now, and I use this pack quite alot myself.

6 hours ago, severedsolo said:

The links are still there... although I should probably make them a bit clearer.

In terms of work done after 1.0.1 there was nothing else. There is a bug where doing a flyby of the Sun won't complete properly, which I should probably fix, but other than that, WYSIWYG.

Having said that, I may pick this back up at some point - Contract Configurator support hasn't gone the way I was expecting it to, and I have a little more time now, and I use this pack quite alot myself.

Thanx for the info ;)

And I guess I must have missed the links vOv ... Sorry :P

Well, I hope RL is treating you well... Whatever you decide to do as far as KSP modding, I know what you have done so far is appreciated, and anything you do continuing on, will just be icing on the cake for the rest of us... :D

• 1 month later...

@severedsolohi, as shown in the below pic, I get contracts to continue exploration of a body, but the contract requires a specific vessel, and wants it brought back to kerbin, for which my vessel/mission wasn't designed for.

AXbjsw3.png

Is this an issue, and if not, I maybe miss something about how it works, and if not again, is there a way to change how the contract generate, so it doesn't ask me at least to bring this craft to kerbin.

(edit: I'm on 1.6.1, with last CC installed)

Edited by kurgut

16 hours ago, kurgut said:

@severedsolohi, as shown in the below pic, I get contracts to continue exploration of a body, but the contract requires a specific vessel, and wants it brought back to kerbin, for which my vessel/mission wasn't designed for.

AXbjsw3.png

Is this an issue, and if not, I maybe miss something about how it works, and if not again, is there a way to change how the contract generate, so it doesn't ask me at least to bring this craft to kerbin.

(edit: I'm on 1.6.1, with last CC installed)

This is down to how CC handles vessel definitions. Basically, the last vessel that got the tag "Flyby" is still active out there in the solar system, so CC has marked that vessel.

What should happen is that when you complete the Flyby with your new vessel, that vessel will inherit the tag and the contract should update itself to reflect the fact that the new vessel should be returned.

It's been a VERY long time since I looked at any CC stuff though and the logic may have changed, if so I won't judge you if you complete the flyby and return and then complete the contract through the cheat menu ;)

If you don't want to get return home missions, you can remove the "ReturnHome" parameter (and the surrounding VesselParameterGroup) from the contract files.

50 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

If you don't want to get return home missions, you can remove the "ReturnHome" parameter (and the surrounding VesselParameterGroup) from the contract files.

Thanks! Yes, I tampered a bit with the cfg and that's what I actually did. :)

• 4 months later...
On 2/27/2019 at 10:36 AM, kurgut said:

Thanks! Yes, I tampered a bit with the cfg and that's what I actually did. :)

Could you explain how you did that? I'm having the same problem with a mun flyby and minmus orbit. The game won't recognise new vessels that do the thing. 

• 5 months later...
29 minutes ago, Sabrewulf said:

Please add to CKAN repository

10 minutes ago, Val said:

There's a response regarding CKAN earlier in this thread.

Eh, things have moved on since then. It will be put up on CKAN when Bureaucracy is officially released, as this will be a recommended mod for it (and I'll do an update at the same time).

• 2 weeks later...

After you mentioned an update for this, I started fooling around with this pack trying to learn how to make custom contracts for myself. If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions.

Is this segment basically a 1/3 chance of having to return home? I noticed there is a "returnHome = Random(1,3)" line in the contract group config file.

PARAMETER
{
	name = FlybyCatch
	type = VesselParameterGroup
	vessel = Flyby

PARAMETER
	{
		name = ReturnHome
		type = ReturnHome
	}

REQUIREMENT
	{
		name = Expression
		type = Expression
		expression = (@ExplorationPlus:returnHome == 2)
	}
}

This might be a question for the contract configurator thread, but where can you find a list of the available expressions like the ones you used here?

targetBody1 =  HomeWorld().HaveOrbited() ? ReachedBodies().Where(r => !r.HaveOrbited()).SelectUnique() : HomeWorld()

4 hours ago, Kwebib said:

Is this segment basically a 1/3 chance of having to return home? I noticed there is a "returnHome = Random(1,3)" line in the contract group config file.

50/50 actually. Random.Next (which that expression feeds from) excludes the upper number from the results, (so Random(1,3) could return 1 or 2, but not 3)

4 hours ago, Kwebib said:

This might be a question for the contract configurator thread, but where can you find a list of the available expressions like the ones you used here?

On the Contract Configurator Wiki

Thanks for making this, stock exploration with the orbital maneuvers every time IS getting annoying.

After installing this contract pack, stock exploration contracts are still being offered however. The button for them being active was still on in the CC difficulty settings, too. Yet, even after turning that off and reloading the contracts, the stock contract keeps being offered, right alongside the new ones. Maybe it has to do with me trying to disable them in an existing save..?

Anyhow, not such a big deal, but figured it was worth mentioning.

It did also give me the opportunity to compare rewards between the stock contract and this pack's equivalent; I noticed that the rewards for Exploration Plus are a fair bit higher - say 30-50%? I didn't do an exact count, it varies a bit.

2 hours ago, Morphisor said:

Thanks for making this, stock exploration with the orbital maneuvers every time IS getting annoying.

After installing this contract pack, stock exploration contracts are still being offered however. The button for them being active was still on in the CC difficulty settings, too. Yet, even after turning that off and reloading the contracts, the stock contract keeps being offered, right alongside the new ones. Maybe it has to do with me trying to disable them in an existing save..?

Anyhow, not such a big deal, but figured it was worth mentioning.

It did also give me the opportunity to compare rewards between the stock contract and this pack's equivalent; I noticed that the rewards for Exploration Plus are a fair bit higher - say 30-50%? I didn't do an exact count, it varies a bit.

Maybe it takes a little in-game time for the offered contracts list to refresh? I seem to remember something about that. Not sure what the interval is.

9 hours ago, Morphisor said:

IIRC Contact Configurator doesn't turn off the contracts via config when you load them into an existing save. Usually you'd let those contracts expire after turning them off and they should stop appearing, but Exploration contracts don't expire. Only thing I can suggest is (carefully) trying to prune them from your save (make a backup first!)

Re the rewards: I seem to remember that because this skips a few stages, the rewards are balanced assuming you did all the contracts stock would have offered you. Having said that, it's been two years so it's entirely possible they have been rebalanced in that time - I will check it out.

9 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Maybe it takes a little in-game time for the offered contracts list to refresh? I seem to remember something about that. Not sure what the interval is.

I did do multiple fast-forwards for a total of ~30 in-game days to try for exactly that, but didn't seem to make a difference. I will try starting a new game and update this post if that works.

Not sure how to remove the stock contracts from my existing game, unless @severedsolo means editing the save file by hand. Not sure that's worth the risk with my total lack of experience there, heh. Even from the cheat menu, stock exploration contracts can't be cancelled or removed sadly.

I tried starting a new game and the stock exploration contracts still start showing up. Not right at first after starting, interestingly, but only after I accepted the first Exploration Plus contract, built the first booster-crashlander and reverted it (which I will get back to in a moment). Upon reverting and returning to mission control the first launch exploration mission was there.

This brings me back to the first craft I built and the initial steps contract: it immediately calls for achieving sub-orbital flight. This would be fine, except in the first tech node there's just the one booster as engine available, which simply is incapable of getting you there without some really gamey trickery. And before you ask, yes of COURSE I tried the ancient proverb 'needs moar boosters'... But these days flying booster pancakes don't climb so well anymore.

1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

That is what I meant, unfortunately.

Alright I did have a look in the persistent.sfs file (for my previously existing save), found this as the only reference to stock exploration contract:

Spoiler

CONTRACT
            {
                guid = 93b4e725-7b88-4ca4-8cad-ba6fe61756fa
                type = ExplorationContract
                prestige = 0
                seed = -1700036621
                state = Offered
                viewed = Read
                agent = Gaelean Historians Collective
                agentName = Gaelean Historians Collective
                deadlineType = None
                expiryType = Floating
                ignoresWeight = True
                values = 64800,0,8960,16640,8960,2,6,0,13091266.0557121,0,0,0
                targetBody = 10
                bodyRatio = 0.789473712
                PARAM
                {
                    name = ProgressTrackingParameter
                    state = Incomplete
                    values = 25600,0,2,6,0
                    targetBody = 10
                    targetType = CREWTRANSFER
                }
            }

I expect it's fairly safe to remove those lines and see what happens. I doubt if that will stop them re-generating though?

Edited by Morphisor

32 minutes ago, Morphisor said:

I tried starting a new game and the stock exploration contracts still start showing up. Not right at first after starting, interestingly, but only after I accepted the first Exploration Plus contract, built the first booster-crashlander and reverted it (which I will get back to in a moment). Upon reverting and returning to mission control the first launch exploration mission was there.

This is starting to sound like a Contract Configurator issue, it sounds like it's not blocking them properly (it may well be that reverting those initial tutorial contracts bugs them, I play no reverts)

33 minutes ago, Morphisor said:

This brings me back to the first craft I built and the initial steps contract: it immediately calls for achieving sub-orbital flight. This would be fine, except in the first tech node there's just the one booster as engine available, which simply is incapable of getting you there without some really gamey trickery. And before you ask, yes of COURSE I tried the ancient proverb 'needs moar boosters'... But these days flying booster pancakes don't climb so well anymore.

You aren't really supposed to do that in one launch. After you do the "first launch flying flea" that every body does, you should have enough science to set least build something that you can point at the sky and go.

13 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

This is starting to sound like a Contract Configurator issue, it sounds like it's not blocking them properly (it may well be that reverting those initial tutorial contracts bugs them, I play no reverts)

You aren't really supposed to do that in one launch. After you do the "first launch flying flea" that every body does, you should have enough science to set least build something that you can point at the sky and go.

Strange CC issue. It's a shame CC isn't really in development anymore, I feel it's got a few more issues like this. Still, all considered we can still do pretty much what we want to.

You are right about the science of course, just doing some launchpad/runway/ksc science would similarly solve the issue. It just felt odd to me having to do some launching/science stuff before being able to do contracts.

Not sure what might be causing it, but I am playing with UnKerballed, and I just accepted the orbit (as well as the reach space) contracts. I build a small craft, wrangled it into 73x95km orbit, but didn't get credit on the orbit. On retrograde burn, I also didn't get credit on the sub-orbital for the "reach space" contract.

I ended up marking them complete in the cheat menu, but something seems to be wrong here.

17 minutes ago, Tivec said:

Not sure what might be causing it, but I am playing with UnKerballed, and I just accepted the orbit (as well as the reach space) contracts. I build a small craft, wrangled it into 73x95km orbit, but didn't get credit on the orbit. On retrograde burn, I also didn't get credit on the sub-orbital for the "reach space" contract.

I ended up marking them complete in the cheat menu, but something seems to be wrong here.

Could I get a log?

I might ask you to turn CC debugging on, but want to check my homework first

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.