[1.2.2-1.9.x] Contract Pack: Exploration Plus 2.0.1 (24/05/2020)

severedsolo

8 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Could I get a log?

I might ask you to turn CC debugging on, but want to check my homework first

I don't have a log at the moment but I'll grab one if I can reproduce it.

7 hours ago, Morphisor said:

Not sure how to remove the stock contracts from my existing game, unless @severedsolo means editing the save file by hand. Not sure that's worth the risk with my total lack of experience there, heh. Even from the cheat menu, stock exploration contracts can't be cancelled or removed sadly.

Just to confirm, removing said entry in the save file did indeed remove the contract offered, but the game instantly offered a new one. So no solution to keep stock exploration contracts from being generated yet.

5 minutes ago, Morphisor said:

Just to confirm, removing said entry in the save file did indeed remove the contract offered, but the game instantly offered a new one. So no solution to keep stock exploration contracts from being generated yet.

If necessary I'll write a plugin to remove them with extreme prejudice

Only briefly skimmed the thread as @Kwebib tagged me, but yes, MM can be used to disable the vanilla contracts (or any contracts for that matter). 

This is straight from my mod, hope it helps.

// Zee's Probes Before Crew Contract Pack
// Version 2.02

/////////// Contract Group

@Contracts
{
	@Progression
	{
		@DisableTutorialContracts = True
		@DisableProgressionContracts = True
		@Funds
		{
			@BaseReward = 40000
		}
		@Science
		{
			@BaseReward = 2
		}
		@Reputation
		{
			@BaseReward = 5
		}
	}
}

CONTRACT_CONFIGURATOR
{
	disabledContractType = ExplorationContract
}

2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Disabling the stock contracts using MM is unnecessary as Contact Configurator allows you to do so in the in-game settings menu. You can enable/disable all contract types and mods through that GUI.

Except that doesn't work, they still keep showing up, as I reported earlier in this thread.

6 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Disabling the stock contracts using MM is unnecessary as Contact Configurator allows you to do so in the in-game settings menu. You can enable/disable all contract types and mods through that GUI.

Depending on the objective of the mod, it may not be practical to just leave it to the user as well. Some mods (like mine) need to guarantee the contracts are not available.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I"ve got a craft in orbit around Kerbin after orbiting the Mun after accepting the "Orbit the Mun" contract, but it's not registering as complete. Screenshot attached. This is actually the second craft I orbited the Mun with since accepting, the other returned successfully to Kerbin but to my surprise did not complete the contract.

unknown.png

11 hours ago, mattssheep4 said:

Hi there, I"ve got a craft in orbit around Kerbin after orbiting the Mun after accepting the "Orbit the Mun" contract, but it's not registering as complete. Screenshot attached. This is actually the second craft I orbited the Mun with since accepting, the other returned successfully to Kerbin but to my surprise did not complete the contract.

unknown.png

Unfortunately that's a Contract Configurator problem (this isn't me passing the buck, I know that contract is written correctly, because I use it myself all the time) - if it's not completing that means KSP/CC is having an issue.

At this point I'm seriously considering just rewriting the contracts as a plugin so I have full control over them.

2 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Unfortunately that's a Contract Configurator problem (this isn't me passing the buck, I know that contract is written correctly, because I use it myself all the time) - if it's not completing that means KSP/CC is having an issue.

At this point I'm seriously considering just rewriting the contracts as a plugin so I have full control over them.

To be fair I've started to notice several contract packs that require CC showing holes in them. I know Nightingale has tried to update CC to the newest versions of KSP as they release, and has seemed to correct major breaking bugs in those past updates. However it seems, to me, Nightingale isn't as active, nor as able to maintain and deal with the little things that have cropped up along the way, and CC is not as robust as it used to be. Just my opinion, from what I've noticed, and no criticism meant by it. I'm not really a mod maker myself, but I'm aware burnout is a thing. To be fair, however, I freely admit I may be misreading the situation. 

1 minute ago, vardicd said:

To be fair I've started to notice several contract packs that require CC showing holes in them. I know Nightingale has tried to update CC to the newest versions of KSP as they release, and has seemed to correct major breaking bugs in those past updates. However it seems, to me, Nightingale isn't as active, nor as able to maintain and deal with the little things that have cropped up along the way, and CC is not as robust as it used to be. Just my opinion, from what I've noticed, and no criticism meant by it. I'm not really a mod maker myself, but I'm aware burnout is a thing. To be fair, however, I freely admit I may be misreading the situation. 

No your assessment is fair, nightingale is a busy guy and has freely admitted he's not putting as much time in as he used to, which is fair.

Tbh, back in the hey-day of CC the support was phenomenal, you raised an issue, asked for a feature, it would be done in a few days at most usually. I just got used to being spoilt, which made it more difficult when that stopped.

40 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

No your assessment is fair, nightingale is a busy guy and has freely admitted he's not putting as much time in as he used to, which is fair.

Tbh, back in the hey-day of CC the support was phenomenal, you raised an issue, asked for a feature, it would be done in a few days at most usually. I just got used to being spoilt, which made it more difficult when that stopped.

It's always difficult when a favorite mod, or mod maker hits burn out and goes away. I have lost a lot of my must have mods over the years, but I've kept them all, in their previous versions. I have a library of every mod I've ever used since KSP version .23, and sometimes when I'm feeling nostalgic I'll fire up an old version  of KSP break out those old mods long since gone.

Spoiler

b4ikSYp.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 7:20 AM, severedsolo said:

I think it may be written wrong. I have the same problem with the basic Orbit Kerbin contract. But here's the catch - I completed the first part of the contract with a probe that never returned back. The second part I planned to complete with a proper manned pod, but it did not register as complete. Now, mattssheep4 says the screenshot comes from his second vessel used to complete his contract too. If you take a look you'll notice that the Vessel: Orbit (TBD) is not checked. I guess this means that the contract does not recognize this ship as having the Orbit key assigned. I tried to figure out Contract Configurator syntax for just a few hours so far, so I may be wrong, but I think the problem is within the first part. Once it is completed by some other vessel, it will not execute on consecutive attempts (?), so no other vessel will get the Orbit key. The whole contract works correctly only if the same vessel completes both parts. 

BTW, how do you insert these blue profile names into text?

Edited by JebIsDeadBaby

On 2/23/2020 at 6:10 PM, JebIsDeadBaby said:

Once it is completed by some other vessel, it will not execute on consecutive attempts (?),

That's pretty much the gist of it. I see the problem now, I always intended people to only take the return missions if they Intended to return on the first shot. I can see that may not necessarily be ideal though.

On 2/23/2020 at 6:10 PM, JebIsDeadBaby said:

BTW, how do you insert these blue profile names into text?

You just put @ and then the username.

don't do it unless you want them to be notified though, it gets annoying if people do it randomly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wondering if the "launch a target buoy for future missions" should keep showing up?

Had it twice so launched two and missions completed, but now offering a 3rd.

Sorry first time with this contract pack, and seems a little odd.

Thanks

8 hours ago, Torih said:

Had it twice so launched two and missions completed, but now offering a 3rd.

You are not destroying the buoy after launching it, and leaving it in orbit of Kerbin?

Assuming all that's true, that sounds like a bug and I'll need to see a copy of your save and a log

10 hours ago, severedsolo said:

You are not destroying the buoy after launching it, and leaving it in orbit of Kerbin?

Assuming all that's true, that sounds like a bug and I'll need to see a copy of your save and a log

Yeah the two are still in orbit.

Just noticed the title says ksp ver 1.8.1, I'm on 1.9.1 so maybe that?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lc749e567t24oie/Player-prev.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssvwqegkjhbg0fn/quicksave %235.loadmeta?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb2d2muocmhe68b/quicksave %235.sfs?dl=0

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've just posted a prerelease of Exploration Plus 2.0

Note the major version change, there have been enough changes here that I can't guarantee your contracts will come through unscathed.

The changelog is here:

• Contracts will no longer randomly select whether to ask you to return home. If you don't do it, later contracts will offer you the chance.
  • Removed maxSimultaneous from most contracts - if you've been there, you'll get them
  • Rebalanced rewards against stock.
  • Return contracts now require Kerballed Missions
  • Removed DockingSetup - it's now all handled in one contract.
  • Probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

My thanks to forum user @sirmalfet who did alot of the work here for me, I built upon his changes.

As this is quite a significant overhaul, I've put it as a prerelease first. I've obviously tested it, but there are always little things that fall through the gaps, and exploration contracts are pretty key to progression.

You can grab the pre-release here: https://github.com/severedsolo/ExplorationPlus/releases/tag/2.0b1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.