[1.2.2-1.9.x] Contract Pack: Exploration Plus 2.0.1 (24/05/2020)

severedsolo

Exception occured while attempt to generate contract of type 'ExplorationPlus.ExplorationPlus-OrbitalManoeuvres':
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractConfigurator.DockingFactory+<>c.<Generate>b__3_0 (ContractConfigurator.VesselIdentifier vi) [0x00000] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+SelectListIterator`2[TSource,TResult].ToList () [0x0002a] in <fbb5ed17eb6e46c680000f8910ebb50c>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x0001f] in <fbb5ed17eb6e46c680000f8910ebb50c>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.Docking..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] vessels, System.String defineDockedVessel, System.String title) [0x0001e] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.DockingFactory.Generate (Contracts.Contract contract) [0x0002a] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory.Generate (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, Contracts.IContractParameterHost contractParamHost) [0x00016] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory.GenerateParameters (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, Contracts.IContractParameterHost contractParamHost, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] paramFactories) [0x0007e] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory.GenerateParameters (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, Contracts.IContractParameterHost contractParamHost, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] paramFactories) [0x0008c] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractType.GenerateParameters (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract) [0x00000] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.Initialize (ContractConfigurator.ContractType contractType) [0x00209] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 

What I did: I made a few rockets, then loaded a saved game with an old rocket on the launchpad and recovered it. The error appeared along with the recovery window.

8 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

Exception occured while attempt to generate contract of type 'ExplorationPlus.ExplorationPlus-OrbitalManoeuvres':
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractConfigurator.DockingFactory+<>c.<Generate>b__3_0 (ContractConfigurator.VesselIdentifier vi) [0x00000] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+SelectListIterator`2[TSource,TResult].ToList () [0x0002a] in <fbb5ed17eb6e46c680000f8910ebb50c>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x0001f] in <fbb5ed17eb6e46c680000f8910ebb50c>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.Docking..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] vessels, System.String defineDockedVessel, System.String title) [0x0001e] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.DockingFactory.Generate (Contracts.Contract contract) [0x0002a] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory.Generate (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, Contracts.IContractParameterHost contractParamHost) [0x00016] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory.GenerateParameters (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, Contracts.IContractParameterHost contractParamHost, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] paramFactories) [0x0007e] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory.GenerateParameters (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, Contracts.IContractParameterHost contractParamHost, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] paramFactories) [0x0008c] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractType.GenerateParameters (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract) [0x00000] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.Initialize (ContractConfigurator.ContractType contractType) [0x00209] in <43a2e7cbd59545c6b9206fcd382ecb64>:0 

What I did: I made a few rockets, then loaded a saved game with an old rocket on the launchpad and recovered it. The error appeared along with the recovery window.

Was this with 2.0 or 1.0.2?

Edited by severedsolo

2 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Was this with 2.0 or 1.2?

Exploration Plus? CKAN tells me it's 1.0.2, the newest one.

EDIT: apparently not because 2.0 isn't on CKAN yet.

EDIT 2: I was not able to replicate this error.

Edited by Krzeszny

Just now, Krzeszny said:

Exploration Plus? CKAN tells me it's 1.0.2, the newest one.

Ah OK, I know what that is then. The vessel was probably selected as the target, and recovering it caused the NRE. That won't happen with 2.0

1 minute ago, severedsolo said:

Ah OK, I know what that is then. The vessel was probably selected as the target, and recovering it caused the NRE. That won't happen with 2.0

It happens every time I load that save and recover it.

Just now, Krzeszny said:

It happens every time I load that save and recover it.

Yes it will do, because the contract will be generated when the save is loaded. If its causing save issues that needs to be raised against Contract Configurator

6 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

apparently not because 2.0 isn't on CKAN yet.

2.0 isn't fully released yet,it's still in testing.

The reason it will happen when you load that save, is due to the fact that the contract will be saved in your persistence.

11 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

FYI - both of these files are missing closing curly braces at the end (don't know if it makes a difference, but just in case...):

1. ContractPacks\ExplorationPlus\ExplorationPlus-Orbit.cfg
  2. ContractPacks\ExplorationPlus\ExplorationPlus-ReachSpace.cfg

Is that 1.0.2 or the 2.0 Beta? I fixed the missing braces in 2.0 I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem. I often get stock exploration contracts (for example, Explore Eve) and when I accept one, I get the cash for advancing but the contract disappears from active contracts in a few hours or days. Usually, another one reappears. Stock exploration contracts don't have dealines, so I can practicaly get infinite cash.

3 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

I have a problem. I often get stock exploration contracts (for example, Explore Eve) and when I accept one, I get the cash for advancing but the contract disappears from active contracts in a few hours or days. Usually, another one reappears. Stock exploration contracts don't have dealines, so I can practicaly get infinite cash.

Yes CC can be a bit funny about disabling the stock conracts.

For now you can use this MM Patch:

@Contracts:FINAL
{

@Progression
	{
	    // Disable First Tutorial Contracts
		@DisableTutorialContracts = True

// Disable First Progression Contracts
		@DisableProgressionContracts = True
	}
}

I will include this in the release when I release E+ 2.0

Well nobody is shouting about major issues, so I'm assuming it's fine

Exploration 2.0 Released

• Contracts will no longer randomly select whether to ask you to return home. If you don't do it, later contracts will offer you the chance.
  • Removed maxSimultaneous from most contracts - if you've been there, you'll get them
  • Rebalanced rewards against stock.
  • Return contracts now require Kerballed Missions
  • Removed DockingSetup - it's now all handled in one contract.
  • Probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

My thanks to forum user @sirmalfet who did alot of the work here for me, I built upon his changes.

Changes from the beta:

Fixed missing braces in a couple of contracts.

Note the major version change, there have been enough changes here that I can't guarantee your contracts will come through unscathed.

Edited by severedsolo

1 minute ago, Morphisor said:

@severedsolo Minor detail on the release package: it's labeled as a .cfg when it really is a .zip file that needs unpacking. ;)

Fixed thanks - I do that alot. My OS doesn't really care about file extensions and knows what it is, so it still gets the zip icon on my side and don't notice :D

On 5/20/2020 at 7:19 PM, severedsolo said:

Yes CC can be a bit funny about disabling the stock conracts.

For now you can use this MM Patch:

@Contracts:FINAL
{

@Progression
	{
	    // Disable First Tutorial Contracts
		@DisableTutorialContracts = True

// Disable First Progression Contracts
		@DisableProgressionContracts = True
	}
}

I will include this in the release when I release E+ 2.0

i will try this patch and update the issue but as for now i am using KSP 1.8.1 and E+ 2.0.1 it seems its still going. I still get the exploration contracts from stock Kerbins first something :) and they disappear after few hours. and a new one comes out.

12 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

i will try this patch and update the issue but as for now i am using KSP 1.8.1 and E+ 2.0.1 it seems its still going. I still get the exploration contracts from stock Kerbins first something :) and they disappear after few hours. and a new one comes out.

I forgot to include the patch - I need to do another fix anyway, so will include it with the next release

• 2 months later...

I have an issue where i accepted the perform orbital mechanics  quest and it just says rendezvous with the Agena (TBD).

I have no Agena, i was never asked to create one. So im wondering if this is a bug and the quest skipped some steps.

Also is there anyway to reset exploration plus without starting a new game?

Just now, Shizen said:

I have no Agena, i was never asked to create one. So im wondering if this is a bug and the quest skipped some steps.

Agena is created when you perform a rendezvous. That contract needs a rework anyway, as it's possible to get it into an unworkable state if you perform a rendezvous without a docking, but the current completion path is Rendezvous two vessels > Immediately dock them.

2 minutes ago, Shizen said:

Also is there anyway to reset exploration plus without starting a new game?

Unfortunately not, E+ reads the stock progression nodes, which can't be reset without some serious save game pruning, or starting a new game.

7 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Agena is created when you perform a rendezvous. That contract needs a rework anyway, as it's possible to get it into an unworkable state if you perform a rendezvous without a docking, but the current completion path is Rendezvous two vessels > Immediately dock them

Creating the agena on quest acceptance may be a better way. Kind of like how kerbal rescue missions spawn the distressed kerbal and craft on acceptance.

Does failing/rejecting this quest lock you out of other subsequent E+ quests?

Just now, Shizen said:

Does failing/rejecting this quest lock you out of other subsequent E+ quests?

Nope, it will come back if you haven't done a rendezvous, but other than that, you can safely ignore it if you want

• 2 months later...
On 10/6/2020 at 3:35 PM, O Nerd said:

Hello there! Any updates on the TBD bug? I just got back into the game and filled it with mods, and I can't complete the Orbit Kerbin mission because of it.

I need some more information - you shouldn't be seeing TBD with the Orbit mission? Could you please screenshot the contract that's causing an issue (I don't think a log will be helpful in this case)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.