[1.2.2-1.9.x] Contract Pack: Exploration Plus 2.0.1 (24/05/2020)

severedsolo

6 hours ago, severedsolo said:

I need some more information - you shouldn't be seeing TBD with the Orbit mission? Could you please screenshot the contract that's causing an issue (I don't think a log will be helpful in this case)

Actually, nevermind! I downloaded the latest version manually through Github and used the compatibility override, that made it work. :D

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit confused about the Agena. The mission 'launch a target buoy for future missions' is no longer available, from what I figure, so am I correct in assuming that just docking any two random ships in orbit will complete the 'orbital experiments' mission and create Agena?

49 minutes ago, ZatriX said:

I'm a bit confused about the Agena. The mission 'launch a target buoy for future missions' is no longer available, from what I figure, so am I correct in assuming that just docking any two random ships in orbit will complete the 'orbital experiments' mission and create Agena?

It's been a little while since I've looked at this (real life getting in the way) - but I'm fairly certain that contract doesn't work right now. In theory yes just completing a docking in orbit of Kerbin should complete it. If that doesn't do it then cheat complete the contract until I can get around to fixing it.

On 11/23/2020 at 12:49 AM, severedsolo said:

It's been a little while since I've looked at this (real life getting in the way) - but I'm fairly certain that contract doesn't work right now. In theory yes just completing a docking in orbit of Kerbin should complete it. If that doesn't do it then cheat complete the contract until I can get around to fixing it.

Yup, it doesn't. I launched a ship called Agena and docked to it, no joy.  Cheats ahoy )

It would be lovely to see it working again one day. Gonna sub here.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, GrungerSick said:

i'm having the same problem, how can i cheat the mission?

Perform a rendezvous (the mission will keep coming back if you haven't) - then press Mod-F12 (if you are on Windows, Mod is Alt, otherwise it's right shift) - go to Contracts>Active and click complete.

• 4 months later...
On 7/30/2020 at 4:29 AM, severedsolo said:

Agena is created when you perform a rendezvous. That contract needs a rework anyway, as it's possible to get it into an unworkable state if you perform a rendezvous without a docking, but the current completion path is Rendezvous two vessels > Immediately dock them.

Is this bug still a thing? I think I've gotten my save into this state...

EDIT: Whoops, I started from the beginning of the thread and didn't realize this is what all the most recent posts are about...I will just use the cheat menu to complete the contract and move on. Thank you for your time.

Edited by Errol

10 hours ago, Errol said:

Is this bug still a thing? I think I've gotten my save into this state...

EDIT: Whoops, I started from the beginning of the thread and didn't realize this is what all the most recent posts are about...I will just use the cheat menu to complete the contract and move on. Thank you for your time.

I still need to fix it :D I keep telling myself I'll do all these things I keep putting off when 1.12 happens. Let's see.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I can confirm the same issue as Bombaatu - "Do Some Science!" not counting your first launch, but I can also add that it will count the second launch you do in that game, so hopefully that gives some direction on what it might be.

I can grab logs if you need, but if not I was just gonna continue with my game right now.

Edited by RocketRyleigh

If Bombaatu still wants to know, and if severedsolo feels like checking it out and seeing about a fix, I think Kerbal Construction Time causes an issue with the "Do Some Science!" contract. I was having the same issue as Bombaatu, but uninstalled KCT earlier for unrelated reasons, and now the contract completes upon launch.

My thought is that maybe the issue is coming from KCT intercepting the launch button to start its building mechanic, so that maybe Exploration Plus is detecting that you've "launched" a mission, but then you don't actually go to the flight scene, and press a second "launch" button through KCT once the build is done.

Edited by RocketRyleigh

• 1 month later...

Perhaps this is an intended behavior of the mod, but i have encountered a problem with Manned Landing and Return mission generation.

After I had completed the Mun contracts related to Flybying, Orbiting and Landing, the contracts for Manned Orbiting and Landing appeared. As I had no more contract space at the time, I was only able to choose the Mun Orbit and return contract, but after I had completed said contract the Manned Mun landing contract disappeared, never to be seen again.

Is this an intended feature of the mod? The condition for the manned landing contracts stipulate that you have had to have landed on a celestial body but not returned from it. Perhaps completing the manned orbit and return contract invalidated the manned landing one?

• 3 months later...

Yes, it works just fine with mods like PBC.

The only issue with PBC is that PBC has its own contracts for the early game, so sometimes you'll get multiple contracts offered with similar goals in the early game, e.g. two contracts to reach space, or two contracts to reach orbit. Not a problem itself, it just means easier access to cash and reputation at the start of the game.

• 1 month later...

With starting 25k money and max contract 2*, 1**, 0***, there is no way to do the first contract to Do Some Science.

To grind enough money to upgrade mission control building you will probably have to launch something, and this will make the first contract unobtainable. 

Solution: lower star rating of some starting Exploration Plus contracts or adjust max contract counts for lvl 1 mission control. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/8/2022 at 2:39 AM, UnanimousCoward said:

Yes, it works just fine with mods like PBC.

The only issue with PBC is that PBC has its own contracts for the early game, so sometimes you'll get multiple contracts offered with similar goals in the early game, e.g. two contracts to reach space, or two contracts to reach orbit. Not a problem itself, it just means easier access to cash and reputation at the start of the game.

Ive seen playthroughts with PBC and this and the PBC contracts dont show up at all so Im wondering whats going on
EDIT: I see settings thing missed that

Edited by Starslinger999

• 5 months later...

Yeah, this is great. Installed the pack, went to check the missions... Do some science... cant accept cause ive already done my first launch. What kind of stupid requirement is this for a mission? Must have not performed first launch? How am i supposed to accept this task? How do i get rid of it? How do i do missions that require this to be completed? Does this need to be completed? If not, will it affect what other missions i get?

Is your mod ONLY for new games? Because this mission just hangs there at the top of the list. Also, i saw some other missions that had similar requirements, like land on the mun (must have not landed on it before) or orbit celestial body (must not have orbited that celestial body before). Or am i looking at the wrong thing? Should i be lookin at available missions and completely ignore the "All" tab? The is just soo many questions this brings...

Also, for some strange reason, all the missions only give money rewards now... no science from missions. Is this intentional? The only missions that appear to give science are the vanilla ones.

@starfall22 Contract Configurator lists every contract loaded into it, and tells you why that contract hasn't fired. It's a feature. If it bothers you as you say you can switch to the Available tab, but you do get used to it.

How do i do missions that require this to be completed? Does this need to be completed? If not, will it affect what other missions i get?

In order: You don't, No, and No.

The pack is designed to take over from the stock Exploration Contracts. It's all about "Firsts". So the contracts fire when there is a "First" to be done, and if you've already done the "First" then we're not interested. Assuming you've been using the stock contracts before now, you haven't missed out on anything. The reward structure of Exploration Plus is setup to mimic the stock contracts. It looks a little higher because we streamline a few steps (like not making you do a rendezvous around every body before you can proceed) but the overall compensation for a body should be the same as you get from stock. In short - if the contract isn't firing, don't sweat it, you haven't lost out.

The pack purely uses the in-game progression system to track your progress, you can't be locked out of a mission because you haven't done a previous one (ironically enough that's what the Contract Configurator requirements window is trying to tell you!)

Also, for some strange reason, all the missions only give money rewards now... no science from missions. Is this intentional?

Just checked and the contracts are setup with science rewards. If this is happening it would be a Contract Configurator bug and would need to be reported against that mod (with logs etc).

Edited by severedsolo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.