Cupcake...

Vulture - Flying Wing

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Looks like he's prolly using Engine Nacelle's between the Nose cones and the Engines.

They have built in air intake, the game doesn't care if you "block" it off either really.

Works very well as it saves on drag.

Speaking of which I will have do another revision of this design, the nose cone I'm using in front of the cockpit puts out far too much drag and is hurting the speed of the craft in a big way. :(

 

Cupcake...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cupcake... said:

Speaking of which I will have do another revision of this design, the nose cone I'm using in front of the cockpit puts out far too much drag and is hurting the speed of the craft in a big way. :(

 

Cupcake...

Aren't shock intakes the hands-down best as far as drag?

Thought I remembered reading that in that big post awhile back comparing all the different nosecones/intakes.

Might be worth using one there even if you don't need the added air supply?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Aren't shock intakes the hands-down best as far as drag?

Thought I remembered reading that in that big post awhile back comparing all the different nosecones/intakes.

Might be worth using one there even if you don't need the added air supply?

From another video, I know that the dome nosecones are better subsonic speeds, while the pointy one are better for supersonic speeds.

I don't know about intakes though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, qzgy said:

From another video, I know that the dome nosecones are better subsonic speeds, while the pointy one are better for supersonic speeds.

I don't know about intakes though....

I don't think an intake will look good from an aesthetic point of view. I might try the Mk1 - small adapter with a small nose cone and see if that helps. With a more efficient nose cone the craft can cruise at over mach 1 at altitude. :wink:

 

Cupcake...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cupcake... said:

I don't think an intake will look good from an aesthetic point of view. I might try the Mk1 - small adapter with a small nose cone and see if that helps. With a more efficient nose cone the craft can cruise at over mach 1 at altitude.

The NCS adapter? I like using that. It flows quite nicely. I also have a habit of tilting it down just a touch....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now