[1.11.0] Airline Kuisine v2.5.0 ~ [Jan 2, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

2 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Do you suppose you might be able to convert these textures to dds to help out those of us with potato computers and interminable loading times? 

My textures already are DDS. But I've always been very concerned for their total weight in the download. A major update is already planned wherein I'll likely cull all the texture files per tank mode, and keep only textures per LS mod.

Sooo something about this mod is either messing with some engines, the atmosphere, physics, etc.  I'm not sure.  The most confusing part of this problem is that removing the mod does not make it better.

I recently discovered that a 100% stock SSTO I made suddenly stopped working in my mod install.  It wouldn't even work when switching to my stock GameData folder.  However it would work fine in a fresh install of KSP.

I've been testing for about 4 hours now, restarting KSP, reinstalling, installing packs of mods at a time, and it's been ruled that it is definitely Airline Kuisine doing it, which is baffling.  Basically once I though what it was, I did the following:

• Fresh install.
  • Tested SSTO, successful.
  • Install Module Manager by itself.
  • Installed Airline Kuisine.
  • Tested SSTO, failed.
  • Removed Airling Kuisine and MM.
  • Tested SSTO, failed.
  • Uninstalled.

I did the above steps twice.  Then:

• Fresh install.
  • Installed all other mods I want to be using.

Then:

• Installed second install.
  • Installed Airline Kuisine.
  • Tested SSTO: successful.
  • Installed MM.
  • Tested SSTO: failed.

So the mod seems fine until MM applies its patches.  Log from the last test: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11KOEVPC-AWnk2BHnaULoN7zirh1u1KoW

I don't know what else to think other than that something in Airline Kuisine is changing something.  Any ideas?  Anything you want me to check?

Edited by Geonovast

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@Geonovast How odd. Your log mentions a drag cube error with the Mk2 long cabin....... Well crap. The config for it has a broken link to its model file. KSP must be reacting very badly to this.

That's just making it more messed up.  The SSTO in question is using all stock parts, and no Mk2 parts.  Do you have anything you want me to try?

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

That's just making it more messed up.  The SSTO in question is using all stock parts, and no Mk2 parts.  Do you have anything you want me to try?

Delete the line mesh = Model.mu in mk2cabin2.cfg. It has a MODEL node in it which is mutually exclusive with mesh = x. In OPT Spaceplane Parts I got a report of a similar error that had just a great a reach. A non-hollow part had a cargo bay module and that crippled every aircraft for that user just by being loaded by KSP.

7 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Delete the line mesh = Model.mu in mk2cabin2.cfg. It has a MODEL node in it which is mutually exclusive with mesh = x. In OPT Spaceplane Parts I got a report of a similar error that had just a great a reach. A non-hollow part had a cargo bay module and that crippled every aircraft for that user just by being loaded by KSP.

Doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Does it make a difference that the problem isn't present without MM installed?  When it is, it only applies two patches.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Re-download Airline Kuisine then? It's the only suggestion I have left. :/ Doing so has also worked to fix an install issue.

I'll give that a try tomorrow, didn't realize it'd gotten so late, gotta hit the hay for tonight.

I have one other suggestion for something to try...

After making any changes to Airline Kuisine that might be a fix, re-build (at least partially) your plane in the SPH.  Sometimes I've seen models/etc persist in saved ships until there was some reason for KSP to make a change in them.  (Note that Module Manager patches being applied can be on both sides of that equation - but generally figure a patch will be *applied* to any parts in existence - including those in a 'blueprint' - but won't be *removed* unless something happens.)

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

I have one other suggestion for something to try...

After making any changes to Airline Kuisine that might be a fix, re-build (at least partially) your plane in the SPH.  Sometimes I've seen models/etc persist in saved ships until there was some reason for KSP to make a change in them.  (Note that Module Manager patches being applied can be on both sides of that equation - but generally figure a patch will be *applied* to any parts in existence - including those in a 'blueprint' - but won't be *removed* unless something happens.)

I'm willing to try anything at this point. 

When I made the change above by removing the line, the change was made on a fresh install of KSP that had not been run at all, and the craft file was pulled over from the save in a different install that it was built in, which never saw Airline Kuisine.

If you guys want to try it yourself to maybe see something I'm not, the ship is here with direction as to exactly how I'm flying it each time: Astrid.  The ship should hit well above 1300 m/s before starting to slow down to be successful.  When it's not, it starts slowing down at about 1100.  

The only thing I'm doing before launch is turning off the Yaw/Pitch controls on the 4 AIRBRAKES because I forgot to switch that off before uploading to KerbalX.

No dice on rebuilding the craft.

So I decided to install Deep Sky Core as well.. just in case it wanted something from in there.  With just Airline Kuisine, Deep Sky Core, and MM installed, it locks up on loading:

T3MiX2.png

Last couple lines of the log: I'll get you the full one if you need it.

Spoiler

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'ds00.srfcockpit'

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'DeepSky/00DeepSky/Parts/Intakes/Intake_Mk2/ds00_intakemk2'

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

Could not create PartResource of type 'IntakeAtm

PartLoader: Part 'DeepSky/00DeepSky/Parts/Intakes/Intake_Mk2/ds00_intakemk2' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'ds00.intakemk2'

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleResourceIntake.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I guess I wasn't too clear.

@DStaal's suggestion did not work.  I tried installing Deep Sky Core just in case AK needed something in there to work correctly that you weren't aware of, and it prevented the game from loading (see log above)

So at this point it's uninstalled.  Given my current project the parts aren't needed, but I do need aerodynamics playing nice.  I figured I would just wait until there was another update  (I'm assuming it'll need a hefty update for 1.4) and see if it got accidentally patched, unless there are some other things you wanted me to try.

• 1 month later...

I've finally gotten around to preparing the big update for this mod. I've discovered another issue that causes the cabins to never appear (so far it's known for Snacks :/ ). Configs are nearly all done. Texture stuff hasn't been started yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally... Textures! With loud and clear™ Pathfinder logo.

Airline Kuisine now does a lot more than just Snacks! if Pathfinder is present too.

Honeyview_screenshot59.jpg

The original green accent and indicator diamond theme for Snacks alone is phased out.

Mk3 textures coming very soon™

1S4IYx9.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 3 weeks later...

With the release of Pathfinder v1.26 for KSP 1.4.3, I wonder how much I may need to revisit the configs for integration in this mod. The main thing being the arrival of the OmniConverters and OmniStorage functions.

Also I may do another wide pass on the textures for the WBI mode. @Angel-125 parts have a great tendency to have built-in solar panels. I can make it happen for my parts (where appropriate) too. This picture is a milestone, mainly to show the Mk3 textures.

I'm considering having this solar panel feature available "by default" (when no life support mods are present) so that Airline Kuisine can be useful in that situation. Thanks to feedback from @Geonovast and @Krakatoa.

Consideration is open for features to add for when Airline Kuisine is indeed installed in a game with no life support.

u35coqM.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Airline Kuisine...2.0: Snacks! mode evolved!

• Replaced Firespitter dependency with B9 Part Switch.
  • Removed majority texture-switching feature and at least half the texture files (the download file is now just 62MB from 100MB!)
  • Hopefully fixed Mk2 Long Cabin looking like crud when no life support mods installed.
  • Cleaned up descriptions, use cases, and categories.
  • Enabled parts to appear in part selection when no life support mods installed.
  • Updated Snacks integration:
    • Snacks mode is now Full WBI mode.
    • Replaced/Rearranged some Processor functions.
    • Requires Pathfinder for some additional functions.
    • Uses Wild Blue Tools (WBT) instead of SnacksUtils or B9PS.
    • Parts gain built-in solar panels in fuller WBI convention.
  • Added WBI part tips!
  • Removed unrelated IVA assets and fix lights animation and immense drag problem in Mk2 Long Cabin.

9nHkmtd.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@JadeOfMaar Just started a new career with kerbalism and didn't realised yet, that kerbalism itself does not contain such useful mk2 und mk3 parts. This mod is just a perfect addition, thank you :)

Anyway, I would like to suggest to add "B9 Part Switch" as a dependency to the OP, it's kinda hidden in the changelog. Also, the "Readme.txt" contained in "GameData/DeepSky/AirlineKuisine/" still says "Some features require Firespitter".

@4x4cheesecake Thanks, much. I'm glad you like, and ya I'm well aware Kerbalism is really missing out in functional plane parts. :D 

I hope the intakes (see Deep Sky Core) serve you very well in harvesting atmosphere and oceans, in addition to the body parts. (I have yet to get any feedback on my mod serving with Kerbalism).

Thanks for the feedback already! :)

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

I hope the intakes (see Deep Sky Core) serve you very well in harvesting atmosphere and oceans, in addition to the body parts. (I have yet to get any feedback on my mod serving with Kerbalism).

I'll be glad to give you some more detailed feedback as soon as I can use the parts :) May take some time, kerbalism got a pretty steep learning curve...

11 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

hope the intakes (see Deep Sky Core) serve you very well in harvesting atmosphere and oceans, in addition to the body parts.

I got curious about these parts and took a quick peak at them in a sandbox save. The MK2 and MK3 parts are looking good but I have some questions about the intakes:

1) How can I use the "IntakeAtm" ressource? I've tried to use it as "less efficent" Oxygen replacement, using it to make jet engines work in very high altitude/vaccum, using it to keep the atmosphere filter running after reaching the vaccum but I cannot find a way to use it. It is just there and adding wight to my craft.

2) Are the atmospheric filters supposed to work even while standing still and/or while the intakes  are closed? Well, they do and especially the latter doesn't make any sense ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.