[1.11.0] Airline Kuisine v2.5.0 ~ [Jan 2, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

Everyone's favorite life support in everyone's favorite shapes.

zA8lwxY.jpg

iyJpzb9.jpg

tddBxiE.jpg HmIg4Jm.jpg Vj88nAB.jpg 

tb1crXb.jpg YualLd9.jpg

View Album

This is my first real parts pack, built on the very basics: modified tanks. What it does is provide a set of Mk2 and Mk3 fuselage parts that behave like stem cells. They are useless and merely structural by default but once a life support mod is found they become functional for and thematically tied to that mod. They intend to reduce part count (cargo bays stuffed with little tanks), enlarge capacity and functionality on built craft, and even enable shareable crew-sustaining spaceplanes between LS modded games. I'm unable to use Unity or Blender so I must make do with only custom textures for giving visual distinction to the parts. Manipulating modules I can do fairly well. The custom crew cabin should hold only 2 and it lights up in more places than just the windows.

Downloads!

jIaHxwz.png logo4.png68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6c4555683157372e706e67

Requirements!

Get Deep Sky Core: GitHub :: SpaceDock

Get B9 Part Switch: GitHub

Community Resource Pack (should already be installed with your favorite life support)

Support is up for:

Snacks!, TAC, USI, Kerbalism

Featured Parts:

• Mk2
  • 2x Long tanks for food/waste/supplemental resources
  • 3x Short tanks for food/waste
  • 3x Inline converters (usually an ISRU and at least 1 greenhouse)
  • 2x Rec Centre (2-seat cabins) with HAB FX when applicable (one of which also has KIS space)
  • Mk3
  • 1x Medium tank
  • 1x Short tank
  • 2x Tiny tank (from the MonoPropellant tank. One for waste)
  • 1x Rec Centre (8 seats) with HAB FX and KIS space
  • 3x Inline converters (usually an ISRU and at least 1 greenhouse)
  • 2x Intakes (of 4, with Deep Sky Core) able to harvest any relevant resources from atmosphere or ocean

Bonus parts:

• 2x surface attachable intakes (among 4 from Deep Sky Core) with atmo and ocean harvesting features

Known Issues:

• None yet. Please give feedback.

Changelog:

Spoiler

• [WBI] Catchup with WBI decal revamp
  • [WBI] Balance pass:
    • Reduced OmniConverter slots in Mk2 from 4 to 2.
    • Slight reduction in OmniConverter capacities in Mk3, raised OmniWorks OmniStorage partial volume.
  • [USI] Life support module updates contributed by @ Kielm.

• [SNX] Fixed exclusion problem where Default mode features still appear when Snacks mode active.
  • [SNX] Rebalanced Snacks templates.
  • [SNX] Added WBI Ponderosa features to Mk3 Rec Centre.
  • [SNX] Upgraded Convert-O-Trons to OmniWorks (will not help with Extraplanetary Launchpads right now).

• Developed Vanilla Mode (still requires B9PS) for when no LS present. Airline Kuisine provides Ore and Battery storage, FineOre resource for improved or speedy ISRU, and concept thermal electric generators (based on the Sterling Engine) for on-demand power.
  • [KISM] Balance pass and routine maintenance following greenhouse rebalance in Kerbalism 1.6 or 1.7. Many thanks to PiezPiedPy, co-dev of Kerbalism Continiued for KSP 1.4.x
  • [KISM] Mk2 greenhouse "Kitchen Garden" produces Food in just 90 days (inspired by known edible plants that grow in 60 days or less IRL)
  • Adjusted radiator stats
  • Adjusted tech tree locations

• [SNX] Fixed solar panel orientation in Mk2 tanks.
  • [SNX] Fixed short Mk2 all-purpose tank not being all-purpose.

• Replaced Firespitter dependency with B9 Part Switch.
  • Removed majority texture-switching feature and at least half the texture files (the download file is now just 62MB from 100MB!)
  • Hopefully fixed Mk2 Long Cabin looking like crud when no life support mods installed.
  • Cleaned up descriptions, use cases, and categories.
  • Enabled parts to appear in part selection when no life support mods installed.
  • Updated Snacks integration:
    • Snacks mode is now Full WBI mode.
    • Replaced/Rearranged some Processor functions.
    • Requires Pathfinder for some additional functions.
    • Uses Wild Blue Tools (WBT) instead of SnacksUtils or B9PS.
    • Parts gain built-in solar panels in fuller WBI convention.
  • Added WBI part tips!
  • Removed unrelated IVA assets and fix lights animation and immense drag problem in Mk2 Long Cabin.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

You may derive and modify the textures and add parts based on them as you like. If you publish your works for others' use do provide attribution within your download file and download page.

Edited by JadeOfMaar
v2.3.0 release

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made some progress last night, progress worth documenting in a post here. I've begun consolidating files and folders and the mode-switching configs to reduce the total number of configs at the end. No testing has been done yet to prove that the switching works right, and I haven't made custom textures for the parts in blank mode (when no LS mod is installed) but the processors and cabin are all setup for TAC, USI LS and Snacks.

Once everything proves A-OK, then I'll setup the tanks and then I can start on Kerbalism support.

Finished up the bulk of consolidations and fixing little things as they show up. My mod is responding well to Snacks! USI and TAC. :) 

I just need the internal value for name where @texture = name, path for the Mk2 crew cabin.

@dboi88 or @linuxgurugamer can you lend a hand, please? It should be a tiny favor. 

4hsD0dK.jpg

DKmapoh.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@dboi88 I just need the internal name for the Mk2 crew cabin's texture so I can use it in the @MODEL node for texture switching. I don't need the elaborate powers of Interstellar Texture/Mesh Switch, I just need to be able to reference a texture with a different file name, or the same file in another directory.

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@dboi88 I just need the internal name for the Mk2 crew cabin's texture so I can use it in the @MODEL node for texture switching. I don't need the elaborate powers of Interstellar Texture/Mesh Switch, I just need to be able to reference a texture with a different file name, or the same file in another directory.

Squad/Parts/Command/mk2CockpitStandard/Cockpit

@dboi88 Sorry. I just looked but that doesn't help me.

MODEL
	{
		model = JadeOfMaar/AirlineKuisine/FuselageShortLiquid
		texture = mk2FuselageShort, JadeOfMaar/AirlineKuisine/mk2FuselageShort
	}

Like this for the Mk2 tanks, as they share a texture and the lines are explicitly shown in the config. I need to know what to put instead of "mk2FuselageShort" for the cabin.

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@dboi88 Sorry. I just looked but that doesn't help me.

MODEL
	{
		model = JadeOfMaar/AirlineKuisine/FuselageShortLiquid
		texture = mk2FuselageShort, JadeOfMaar/AirlineKuisine/mk2FuselageShort
	}

Like this for the Mk2 tanks, as they share a texture and the lines are explicitly shown in the config. I need to know what to put instead of "mk2FuselageShort" for the cabin.

Sorry i misread, but still not sure what you are asking, 'mk2FuselageShor't is the name of the texture for that part, the name for the Mk2 crew cabin is 'mk2CrewCabin', as far as i'm aware the 'internal name' of a texture in KSP is just the name of the texture file in your game data folder without the extension.

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'll retry that then. Maybe it failed because something else was broken at or around the time. I'll ping again when I try it out.

I've always relied on the dataabse lists in the F12 menu for object/texture names.

@dboi88 Thanks for your suggestion. I realized that for my texture switching technique to work I need to have my patch rewrite the whole model node, declaring the model and the two textures altogether. :) 

Milestone

I've finally completed/perfected the Snacks! mode for my parts, even replacing the Firespitter Fuel Switch codes in the tanks with Snacks! own resource switching mechanism. The (Snacks only) Mk2 ISRU has performance ratings between the 1.25m and 2.5m Convert-O-Trons. Strangely, in part selection it shows no need for radiators. I'm hoping that it works without the core heat functionality but I have bigger things to think about... Like why the TAC mode configs activate alongside Snacks mode and mess up everything.

not in ckan yet
can you check on it?

i found that using a large cargo bay whit kontiner and recyclers allows more recyclers(6) and empty space(~0.35 of the bay) in the same room a short supply and recycler
so i get more recyclers and more supply in the same volume

Edited by danielboro

Removed CKAN logo from OP. That netkan part of things is turf where I can't tread. :/

Version 0.7 release. :) 

• Buffed Mk2 Recycler [USI] to 4 kerbals at 65%.
  • Buffed Mk2 Rec Centre [USI] hab time to 4 months.
  • Fixed problem where TAC mode overlaps Snacks mode.

23 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@danielboro Mini AVC support is in but I'm not sure yet if that works. I'd like as much as anyone for both of these to function. I'll be sure to have these fixed (at least AVC) for the next release.

It looks like you're missing the "URL" field in your .version file. Without that, AVC doesn't know where to look to compare the user's .version file with the most up-to-date .version file. 

• 2 weeks later...

Found and fixed the AVC problem so update alerts through that are GO.

And I finally setup Kerbalism. Everything looks like it works but I'm undecided on what one of the three Mk2 processor parts will do for this LS mod. Currently it's going to be:

1. Standard Fuel Cell
  2. ISRU/Chemical Plant
  3. Air Filter

Texture updates are pending and then there'll be a release later today. The cockpit and long cabin are a cockpit and the science lab from Mk2 Expansion.

tb1crXb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.