[1.11.0] Airline Kuisine v2.5.0 ~ [Jan 2, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

1) How can I use the "IntakeAtm" ressource? I've tried to use it as "less efficent" Oxygen replacement, using it to make jet engines work in very high altitude/vaccum, using it to keep the atmosphere filter running after reaching the vaccum but I cannot find a way to use it. It is just there and adding wight to my craft.

2) Are the atmospheric filters supposed to work even while standing still and/or while the intakes  are closed? Well, they do and especially the latter doesn't make any sense ;)

1. IntakeAtm is for jet engines that don't need Oxygen in order to produce thrust (like some propfan engines, nuclear turbojet/ramjet engines, and my WarpJet type engines). IntakeAtm is not meant to contain any amount of Oxygen (this is what makes it different from IntakeAir) and jet engines in KSP are usually configured to flameout due to atmosphere pressure so even if you do buffer IntakeAir (it's easily done), they can never work in space.
    I don't want to suggest an additional part mod to you, but if you use another of my part mods, Thor Tech, you get late-game and end-game sci-fi jet engines that work fine (although with low Isp) in vacuum and are powerful in all atmosphere, and my DS Pressure Tanks allow you to buffer the IntakeAtm supply so you can still burn and get to vacuum and spare your Oxidizer at the same time.

2. Atmosphere filters are supposed to work while standing still, yes. They typically should have their own intake fan so that air always moves into the filter and so the filter is always actually filtering. In KSP, however, filter modules are usually not found combined with an airplane intake part/module, which I chose to do. They're usually a separate part. (where your confusion comes from). :) 

On 5/13/2018 at 11:34 AM, N_Molson said:

What about a part that opens like a foodtruck ? Would be fun !

Sorry. I'm not adding parts. The people will make do with KIS and their imaginations. Plenty of KIS space is provided already, mainly in the cabins.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Suggestions are welcome for things Airline Kuisine can do in an install with no life support or is nearly purely stock. I'm anticipating crafts at both extremes in operating ranges: crafts that don't leave Kerbin's atmosphere, and crafts that can reach Eeloo. These are my options so far. I don't want this mod to do too much/ go out of scope.

Tanks:

• Ore
  • Battery
  • KIS + experiment results (Needs dedicated tank which is available. Contents will be lost when any life support installed.)
  • Something else (propellants not allowed.)

Processors (needs 3 options, pick 2):

• ISRU (can't un-pick this one. It will always be present.)
  1. Bigger RTG or big RTG cluster
  2. Fuel Cells with one input option and higher capacity (options are: LF/nuclear, LFO, Ore.) 
  3. Fuel Cells with 2+ options and capacity divided between them
  4. Full powered or super inline radiator (2 of 3 per size are already 2x or 3x as good as the stock curved radiator. But if picked, it will compare to the stock large folding radiator but be inline and suitable for mounting nuke clusters directly onto)

47 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Tanks:

• Ore
  • Battery
  • KIS + experiment results

Agree on these and I would like to suggest a reaction wheel (mk2 can use the drone core but mk3 always needs a normal reaction wheel in a cargo bay) and, if you want/can create new models, a streamline air intake at least for mk2 (like a combination of the mk2 bicoupler and xm-g50 radial air intake).

58 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Processors (needs 3 options, pick 2):

• ISRU (can't un-pick this one. It will always be present.)
  1. Bigger RTG or big RTG cluster
  2. Fuel Cells with one input option and higher capacity (options are: LF/nuclear, LFO, Ore.) 
  3. Fuel Cells with 2+ options and capacity divided between them
  4. Full powered or super inline radiator (2 of 3 per size are already 2x or 3x as good as the stock curved radiator. But if picked, it will compare to the stock large folding radiator but be inline and suitable for mounting nuke clusters directly onto)

I prefer the RTG but a Fuel Cell with higher capacity and an input option sounds really interessting.

How about an additional processing step for the ISRU like an ore crusher. Needs more energy and is slower but you will get more fuel for the same amount of ore. Would be a nice way to compensate low ore rates of unmanned drills.

@4x4cheesecake I've wanted a Mk2 and a Mk3 reaction wheel for a long time and without installing a whole large part mod for them...... :/ Hmm. I can make these and the intakes happen but they won't appear in Airline Kuisine.

I could do the Ore crusher thing. A little industrial boost in a far corner of the luxury accommodation wouldn't hurt.

14 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Agree on these and I would like to suggest a reaction wheel (mk2 can use the drone core but mk3 always needs a normal reaction wheel in a cargo bay) and, if you want/can create new models, a streamline air intake at least for mk2 (like a combination of the mk2 bicoupler and xm-g50 radial air intake).

I prefer the RTG but a Fuel Cell with higher capacity and an input option sounds really interessting.

How about an additional processing step for the ISRU like an ore crusher. Needs more energy and is slower but you will get more fuel for the same amount of ore. Would be a nice way to compensate low ore rates of unmanned drills.

Yah, crusher is an interesting option, as I understand it will ultimately boost ISRU speed in every condition (ore concentration) at the expense of higher EC usage per fuel produced.

10 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@4x4cheesecake I've wanted a Mk2 and a Mk3 reaction wheel for a long time and without installing a whole large part mod for them...... :/ Hmm. I can make these and the intakes happen but they won't appear in Airline Kuisine.

I could do the Ore crusher thing. A little industrial boost in a far corner of the luxury accommodation wouldn't hurt.

It is your mod and your decision which parts you want in it, all I can do is suggesting ;) But I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who wants a mk2 and mk3 reaction wheel^^

• 1 month later...

Release 2.1.0

Who says you can't grow fast food?! In Kerbalism, you especially can!

Major thanks to @PiezPiedPy for their contribution to this release!

• Developed Vanilla Mode (still requires B9PS) for when no LS present. Airline Kuisine provides Ore and Battery storage, FineOre resource for improved or speedy (manned or unmannd) ISRU, and concept thermal electric generators (based on the Sterling Engine) for on-demand power.
  • [KISM] Balance pass and routine maintenance following greenhouse rebalance in Kerbalism 1.6 or 1.7. Many thanks to PiezPiedPy, co-dev of Kerbalism Continiued for KSP 1.4.x
  • [KISM] Mk2 greenhouse "Kitchen Garden" produces Food in just 90 days (inspired by known edible plants that grow in 60 days or less IRL)
  • Adjusted radiator stats
  • Adjusted tech tree locations

DOWNLOAD :: SpaceDock :: GitHub ::

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 1 month later...

Release 2.2.0

• [SNX] Fixed exclusion problem where Default mode features still appear when Snacks mode active.
  • [SNX] Rebalanced Snacks templates.
  • [SNX] Added Ponderosa features to Mk3 Rec Centre.
  • [SNX] Upgraded Convert-O-Trons to OmniWorks (will not help with Extraplanetary Launchpads right now).

• 5 months later...

@JadeOfMaar I came across an issue while installing the mod via CKAN. It still lists Firespitter as a dependency but not Deep Sky Core or B9 Part Switch as stated in the OP. Mod version 2.2.1 on a KSP 1.6.1 install. (Firespitter is no longer required since version 2.0.0, not sure about Deep Sky Core)

Also, it is not listed at all until 1.6.0 is set to be a compatible KSP version but then, it says the max. KSP version is 1.6.9... (not sure if this is caused by the version file or if it is something for the CKAN thread).

Pinging @linuxgurugamer as well since he contributed the NetKAN file :)

Spoiler

ZsfrZnY.png

Edited by 4x4cheesecake
added picture

16 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Also, it is not listed at all until 1.6.0 is set to be a compatible KSP version but then, it says the max. KSP version is 1.6.9... (not sure if this is caused by the version file or if it is something for the CKAN thread).

That's fine, he just specified an upper limit in the .version file, and probably a lower limit of 1.6.0 for the current release

It's easy enough to fix, but I'll need @JadeOfMaar to tell me what to install

13 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@linuxgurugamer Those changes would be welcome, yes. This mod indeed needs Deep Sky Core and B9 Part Switch and not Firespitter. The lowest compatible KSP version is supposed to be 1.4, as well.

Netkan is updated

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Just added Airline Kuisine yesterday and now I get a fatal error when loading in regards to this mod.

Spoiler

[ERR 14:38:49.925] Module ModuleB9PartSwitch threw during OnLoad: System.Exception: Fatal exception while loading fields on module ModuleB9PartSwitch on part dsak.ess.al ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field subtypes on type B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading fields on subtype PartSubtype Water ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field tankType on type B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No tank type named 'DS_H2O' exists
  at B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.GetTankType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.TankTypeValueParser.Parse (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataMappers.ValueScalarMapper.Load (System.Object& fieldValue, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataField.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataList.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataList.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataObjectExtensions.LoadFields (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Parsers.NodeObjectWrapperIContextualNode.Load (System.Object& obj, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataMappers.NodeListMapper.Load (System.Object& fieldValue, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataField.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataObjectExtensions.LoadFields (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.CustomPartModule.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.CustomPartModule.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[LOG 14:38:49.950] PartLoader: Part 'DeepSky/AirlineKuisine/mk2tank_ess_along/dsak_ess_al' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 14:38:49.955] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'dsak.ess.al'
[EXC 14:38:50.002] InvalidOperationException: Cannot get volume before parent has been linked!
    B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.get_TotalVolume ()
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.GetInfo ()
    PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
    PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

@traisjames The problem you're experiencing usually means Deep Sky Core is in either CRP mode or Classic Stock mode and the Wild Blue Industries mods are set to the opposite mode. Otherwise I assume Deep Sky Core ( GameData/DeepSky/00DeepSky/ ) is not installed. If neither of these are the case, please share a zip file containing your full KSP.log and this file: GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@traisjames The problem you're experiencing usually means Deep Sky Core is in either CRP mode or Classic Stock mode and the Wild Blue Industries mods are set to the opposite mode. Otherwise I assume Deep Sky Core ( GameData/DeepSky/00DeepSky/ ) is not installed. If neither of these are the case, please share a zip file containing your full KSP.log and this file: GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache

What is Deek Sky Core and CRP mode or Classic stock mode?  How do I change the mode?  what is the difference?

Edited by traisjames

2 hours ago, traisjames said:

What is Deek Sky Core

Deep Sky Core is a small mod shared between Airline Kuisine and my other part mods. It contains shared and vital things like the B9 tank definitions and the in-game agent stuff.

CRP Mode vs Classic Mode is a matter of Angel-125's mods "Wild Blue Industries" if you use them. They default to Classic Mode which makes them run on their own resource system and not CRP, which was created due to huge issues between himself and CRP. If you have those installed, click on the "WBT" button in the stock apps tolba when you're at the KSC scene. A window will come up listing 4 play modes and showing which one is active. If CRP is not active then click CRP > click OK > restart KSP.

Release 2.2.2

• [No-LS] Fixed Ore crusher input resource errors.
  • Fixed some processors appearing in Nuclear Propulsion tech node when they shouldn't. They should now appear in Stock Science Tech node or CTT's Hydroponics node.
  • Added in-game declarations for compatibility with WBI Play Mode.

• 4 months later...

Release 2.3.0

• [WBI] Catchup with WBI decal revamp
  • [WBI] Balance pass:
    • Reduced OmniConverter slots in Mk2 from 4 to 2.
    • Slight reduction in OmniConverter capacities in Mk3, raised OmniWorks OmniStorage partial volume.
  • [USI] Life support module updates contributed by @Kielm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.