Best Quotes Ever

KAL 9000

35 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

"My God, My God, It's full of Stars!" David Bowie's last words in 2001: A space Odyssey

No. Not David Bowie...  That quote came from David Bowman. A huge difference. :)

"And when Keith Moon likes you, you're gonna get in trouble..." Joe Walsh

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

"Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky!"

Famously ad-libbed by Harrison Ford. Wasn't in the script. George Lucas loved it, so he kept that take for the film.

Been rewatching Firefly recently.

"Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2020 at 12:21 AM, Castille7 said:

"Bond......James Bond" ~ James Bond

Arthur Dent: Dent. Arthur Dent.

Slartibartfast: Well, Dentarthurdent...

(H2G2)

Edited by fulgur

On 4/17/2019 at 5:51 PM, purpleivan said:

Just read this from the Wikipedia article about Chlorine trifluoride

Look what you've done, I'm posting Ignition! quotes now.

Two people can operate the card-gap apparatus [a small explosive shielded from a propellant sample by X number of cards to test for vibration-induced explosions], and three operators is optimum. But when LRPL did this particular job (the feather-bedding at Picatinny was outra-geous) there were about seven people on the site —two or three engineers, and any number of rocket mechanics dressed (for no particular reason) in acid-proof safety garments.

So there was a large audience for the subsequent events.

The old destroyer gun turret which housed our card-gap setup had become a bit frayed and tattered from the shrapnel it had contained (The plating on a destroyer is usually thick enough to keep out the water and the smaller fish). So we had installed an inner layer of armor plate, standing off about an inch and a half from the original plating. And, as the set-up hadn't been used for several months, a large colony of bats — yes, bats, little Dracula types — had moved mto the gap to spend the winter. And when the first shot went off, they all came boiling out with their sonar gear fouled up, shaking their heads and pounding their ears. They chose one rocket mechanic — as it happens, a remarkably goosy character anyway — and decided that it was all his fault.

And if you, gentle reader, have never seen a nervous rocket mechanic, complete with monkey suit, being buzzed by nine thousand demented bats and trying to beat them off with a shovel, there is something missing from your experience. 

On 12/30/2019 at 11:25 PM, Just Jim said:

“I know he's a good general, but is he lucky?”

― Napoleon Bonaparte

"I don't need luck, I have AMMO"

- Urdnot Grunt

“ROADA ROLLA! MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!“

-Dio Brando, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure

“Freaky T-shirt lady...”

-Sanae Kochiya, Touhou 15

“Bruh your teeth are disrespectful”

-Absolute Legend, Reddit