Best Quotes Ever

KAL 9000

• 4 weeks later...

"Space. It seems to go on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you" - Philip J. Fry

"Why go to space when you can lift the stars themselves?" - Hans Kiebherr

"With dogged determination it is also possible to achieve what appear to be almost unattainable targets." - Hans Liebherr

"Let's buzz the tower!" - Jedediah Kerman

The Hans Liebherr quote is an actual quote, while the others are either from animated TV show characters or famous Kerbals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2017 at 11:34 AM, KAL 9000 said:

"There is no material safety data sheet for astatine. If there were, it would just be the word 'NO' scrawled over and over in charred blood." 

-Randall Munroe, What If? Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions

OH MY GOD THAT BOOK IS AMAZING

on another note: *opens steven universe wiki*

my quotes are(yes more than one)(steven universe has many great quotes)......:

NOTE: all of these are from peridot(the person in my pfp)

"You may have won the war, but the battle isn't over, Crystal Clods!”—"Catch and Release"

"I can tell you with certainty that there are things on this planet worth protecting!”—"Message Received"

"Apparently more than YOU! You... CLOD!”—"Message Received"

“New Crystal Gems! Congregate! That means come over here and do a cool pose.”—"The New Crystal Gems"

“You thought we wouldn't be here at a time like this?”—"Change Your Mind"

oh and this:

“Oh, my stars, I touched it! I could have lost all my character development!”Steven Universe: The Movie

Futurama also has many, many, many great quotes. Some with a good message, others that say true things about life that we don't always think about, and some that are just funny.

Here are just some examples:

"My Story Is A Lot Like Yours, Only More Interesting 'Cause It Involves Robots." -Bender Bending Rodriguez

"Space. It seems to go on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you" - Philip J. Fry

"No one in New York drove, there was too much traffic" - Philip J. Fry

"When you look this good, you don’t have to know anything!" - Philip J. Fry

"This is the worst kind of discrimination; The kind against me! - Bender Bending Rodriguez

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless! You have to hope even more, and cover your ears and go 'Bla bla bla bla bla bla!' " - Philip J. Fry

"I've only a few years left to live, I don't want to spend them dead!" - Professor Hubert Farnsworth

"I'm literally angry with rage!" - Philip J. Fry

Futurama is a really good show, you should consider watching it, if you don't already.

Edited by Ben J. Kerman
I added another Fry quote

• 1 month later...

"Its not a bad thing finding out you don't have all the answers, as you start asking the right questions." - Dr. Erik Selvig (Thor)

(deep wisdom from a "meh" MCU  movie)

• 4 weeks later...

"They keep saying 'it can't be done' . I say 'That was said about everything we have achieved' Grow an Imagination!" - @ColdJ

"Valentine's Day Is Coming? Oh Crap - I Forgot To Get A Girlfriend Again." - Philip J. Fry

"If You Ask Me, It's Mighty Suspicious. I'm Gonna Call The Police. Right After I Flush Some Things." - Hermes Conrad

"Well, as you know, I'm just a master bricklayer" - Hans Liebherr

“Yo homies, wheres da smokes at?”

- ‘localized’ Rumia, KKHTA

“‘I prefer good in your heart to money in your pocket, thank you very much’”

-Me, IRL

“Hamburger”

Sonic, Robotnik’s Face is Politically Incorrect 

“Yes, the corpse she was trying to dig up from the tree in her backyard was actually her own!

-Me, IRL

“English: ‘Welcome to hell, population: buffalo’”

-Me, IRL

“Mind you don’t cut yourself, Mordecai”

-Glen, Raising Arizona

• 2 weeks later...

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

— Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" -Bertrand Russell 

"99 percent of house fires happen to people who don't subscribe to ibxtoycat" -ibxtoycat

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" -Neil deGrasse Tyson

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” -Arthur C Clarke

"You're never going to change the world if you can't figure out the right ways to do it." -Bill Nye  (The Science Guy)

"We choose to go to Minimis, not for science, but to determine whether or not it does taste like mint ice cream" -Matt Lowne

"This isn't an exercise in smart flying, this is an exercise in stupidity"-Scott Manley

"Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding" - Albert Einstein 

“I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way” -Carl Sagan

”Pokémon cards are pretty much a soft form of gambling” -CandyEvie

“May all our devices explode as successfully as today's, but always over test sites and never over cities” -Andrei Sakharov

All the quotes in my sig.

If only you could see what I’ve seen with your eyes.- Roy Batty: In Blade Runner.

“There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties.”- The Guide

“You have been, and always shall be, my friend”- Mr Spock.

But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me. - Vizzini: The Princess Bride.

My Momma said: Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get. - Forrest Gump.

Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don’t think that I can take it
‘Cause it took so long to bake it
And I’ll never have that recipe again
Oh, no! - Richard Harris.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here is a 3rd Rock From the Sun (Another good show. Definitely recommended) quote:

"Albert Einstein once said 'Die wissenschaftler errechnen damit dass sie eines tages eines (töricht?)abends eines ehrgeiz so das nicht mehr  ehrtag werden muss' Any thoughts on that? Anyone? -Dick Solomon

"Dr. Solomon, I think you were speaking German" - Karen (Student in Dr. Solomon's class; he is a physics teacher)

"Yes, German. Einstein spoke German" - Dick Solomon

Spoiler

Interpretation of German from audio to text courtesy of @Starhelperdude

• 3 weeks later...

You make something foolproof and they invent a better idiot. - Commenter on a Scott Manley video.

Rome wasn't built in a day, In fact it took them hundreds of years to steal all their ideas from the Greeks. - Joe Scott

I'll be back. - a robot from some obscure movie franchise or something. :wink:

I'd call for all the chemists who've ever worked with a hexanitro compound to raise their hands, but that might be assuming too much about the limb-to-chemist ratio. - Derek Lowe

Any molecule consisting of a oxidizer on one end, and a fuel on the other, separated only by a pair of firmly crossed fingers is a recipe for disaster - John D Drury (well that may be wrong, but he's the author of Ignition)

Two more by him:

(On ChlorineTriFlouride safety) ...My recommendation for this has always been a good pair of running shoes. 

(On another oxidizer, or maybe the same one) It is highly hypergolic with such things as wood, cloth, and test engineers.