Best Quotes Ever

KAL 9000

"I plan to make the air force's one RC plane soon, issue a formal ultimatum to the Kremlin, build a paper boat for the Navy, and work on an army uniform."

"I plan to make the air force's one RC plane soon, issue a formal ultimatum to the Kremlin, build a paper boat for the Navy, and work on an army uniform."

Me, 2022, on a micronation forum

"You've got me looking at too many of these trucks, I'm starting to see them as normal instead of them being weird foreign s***. "-Slightly paraphrased from my dad after I showed him a video of the Renault T

"Dean, I'm going to turn around now and you'd better be on fire. You're standing there in flames and the only person who can put you out is me, because that is the only conceivable reason that you would wake me up like this!!!" -Dr. Venture

Brock: You get the boys. I'll take care of these guys.
Dr. Venture: Are you sure? There's an awful lot of them.
Brock: (left eye twitching) They hit me with a truck.

Dean: It's on!
Hank: It's off!
Hank: Off!
Dr. Venture: That's called 'blinking', boys...

Dr. Orpheus: It craves... purity... it devours... purity... it seems to be... What the hell is this thing made out of?

Dr. Venture: Nothing.

Dr. Orpheus: Come on...

Dr. Venture: Alright fine, I might have used a few unorthodox parts.

Dr. Orpheus: Just tell me one!

Dr. Venture: An... (mumbles)

Dr. Orpheus: A what?

Dr. Venture: An... orphan.

Dr. Orpheus: Did you say... an orphan!?

Dr. Venture: Yeah... a little.. orphan boy..

Dr. Orpheus: It's powered by a forsaken child!?

Dr. Venture: Might be... kind of... I mean, I didn't use the whole thing!

Dr. Orpheus: Do you have a pen?

Hank: To use as a magic wand?

Dr. Orpheus: To use...as a pen, Hank.

On 5/25/2022 at 1:32 PM, Second Hand Rocket Science said:

"Turn right to go left."
- Doc Hudson

Also a valuable lesson to learn when backing up with a trailer. 

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

• 2 weeks later...

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” - Albert Einstein

I have an extremely cluttered desk, so cluttered I don't even really use it much. Actually, my whole house is kind of messy, and I often stay up quite late. Is that a good sign? 

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

7 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

“... of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” - Albert Einstein

For me, it's a sign that I just bought a new desk, because I've switched from "waiting to return to the office" to "permanent work-from-home job".

Give it a couple of months, though...

pessimism and optimism are two sides of the same coin, a currency for the delusional. 

19 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” - Albert Einstein

I have an extremely cluttered desk, so cluttered I don't even really use it much. Actually, my whole house is kind of messy, and I often stay up quite late. Is that a good sign? 

its a sign that you need to get a cat.  my desk always has at least one cat on it.

Edited by Nuke
blame the cat

19 minutes ago, Nuke said:

its a sign that you need to get a cat.  my desk always has at least one cat on it.

When you have a cat, your desk will become uncluttered while the floor will become cluttered. :)

3 minutes ago, Jacke said:

When you have a cat, your desk will become uncluttered while the floor will become cluttered. :)

not if you have more than one cat. in that case both will become cluttered.

Edited by Nuke

Im sitting here watching flights land and take off at Las Vegas Harry Reid on youtube and started reading ATC quotes:

A DC-10 had come in a little hot and thus had an exceedingly long roll out after touching down. San Jose Tower noted: “American 751, make a hard right turn at the end of the runway, if you are able. If you are not able, take the Guadalupe exit off Highway 101, make a right at the lights and return to the airport.”

On some air bases, the Air Force is on one side of the field and civilian aircraft use the other side of the field, with the control tower in the middle.
One day the tower received a call from an aircraft asking, “What time is it?”
The tower responded, “Who is calling?”
The aircraft replied, “What difference does it make?”
The tower replied “It makes a lot of difference. If it is an American Airlines Flight, it is 3 o’clock. If it is an Air Force, it is 1500 hours. If it is a Navy aircraft, it is 6 bells. If it is an Army aircraft, the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 3. If it is a Marine Corps aircraft, it’s Thursday afternoon.”

A huge C-5 cargo plane was sitting near where a small plane was waiting to take off. 
The private pilot got a little nervous because the military plane was closer than normal, and asked the tower to find out the intentions of the C-5. 
Before the tower could reply, a voice came over the radio as the C-5’s nose cargo doors opened, saying, “I’m going to eat you.”

thought you guys would enjoy the cheek of pilots and air traffic control :) 

"Power!!!" - Jeremy Clarkson

Dr. Venture: That's called 'blinking', boys...

• 4 weeks later...

"LONG LIVE PAINT!!" -Jim Breuer

"Aah! You're getting face all over me! Hot melting face!!" -Dr. Venture

Henchman #24:
We can take my Nissan Stanza.

Henchman #21:
Oh, shotgun, called! Totally!

The Monarch:
What color is it? Is it diabolical? Or at least butterfly colored?

Henchman #24:
It's powder blue. Mostly.

The Monarch:
Great. 21, what do you drive?

Henchman #21:
His powder blue Stanza.

A DC-10 had come in a little hot and thus had an exceedingly long roll out after touching down. San Jose Tower noted: “American 751, make a hard right turn at the end of the runway, if you are able. If you are not able, take the Guadalupe exit off Highway 101, make a right at the lights and return to the airport.”

If it was an MD-11 landing then it might have actually had to take that route. 

Edited by Ben J. Kerman
Venture Bros. quotes

• 2 weeks later...

It is often very illuminating… to ask yourself how you got at the facts upon which you base your opinion.
Who actually saw, heard, felt, counted, named the thing, about which you have an opinion?
Was it the man who told you? Or the man who told him? Or someone still further removed?
And how much was he permitted to see?'
- Walter Lippmann