Best Quotes Ever

KAL 9000

3 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Yep. It's something I always advocate for with customers... better to have to come back to the store to get money back, than to have to come back and spend more money.

Or, you don't bring it back and return it, you just keep it thinking, "Well, I might need this again some day." Which explains that one cabinet in my garage....

Shoot for the moon, if you miss, you will die among the exsitential void of space, with no one to disturb you. You may be the first to visit another star system, or crash into a planet. If you miss those you're still in space. Win win.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a little like if Wile E. Coyote strapped his ACME rocket to his back to catch the roadrunner and then proceeded to give you a 20 minute lecture on the delta-V requirements required to reach the roadrunner who had positioned himself at the Earth-Moon L2 point.

On 4/18/2019 at 6:58 PM, TheSaint said:

Or, you don't bring it back and return it, you just keep it thinking, "Well, I might need this again some day." Which explains that one cabinet in my garage....

Thats a problem I have with loot in RPG games.

• 2 weeks later...

From Star Trek Voyager S04E01 Scorpion Part 2.

In spoilers because maybe there is somebody out there that hasn't seen it, which they should ASAP.

Spoiler

While discussing the development of a weapon against Species 8472.

Tuvok: We could encase the nanoprobes in some of our photon torpedoes. In essence turn them into biomolecular warheads.

7 of 9: Your torpedoes are inadequate. They lack the necessary range and dispersive force.

Janeway: Do you have a better idea?

7 of 9: We are Borg.

Tuvok: I take that as a "Yes".

A few minutes later:

7 of 9: Voyager's weapons inventory: photon torpedo complement: 32. Class 6 warhead. Explosive yield: 200 isotons.

Tuvok: How did you obtain this information?

7 of 9: We are Borg.

Tuvok: Naturally.

Edited by Shpaget

• 2 months later...

"The high Opportunity of many Explorers lost in space, especially for Voyagers who had the Curiosity to observe beyond the New Horizons of the space isn't something that's so simple to begin with. Lost in the deep space is scary, it's very bad for your Psyche, but hopefully that our Pioneers provide us with knowledge about something scattered around the space since the Dawn of the space age. So strap yourself in the shuttle, prepare your ACE piloting skill, follow the Stardust and fire up the Spirit of survival, don't forget to be prepared for the Deep Impact towards Gaia in case of parachute failure. Uncover the Genesis of our universe, solve the mysteries plotted on the sky like a Rosetta stone and obtain deeper InSight of our knowledge about space. May Apollo guides our flight path through Euclid space, and don't get too close to the sun or you'll end up like IKAROS."

You're a space nerd if you know the mission details of all those highlighted words ;)

Edited by ARS

2 hours ago, ARS said:

"The high Opportunity of many Explorers lost in space, especially for Voyagers who had the Curiosity to observe beyond the New Horizons of the space isn't something that's so simple to begin with. Lost in the deep space is scary, it's very bad for your Psyche, but hopefully that our Pioneers provide us with knowledge about something scattered around the space since the Dawn of the space age. So strap yourself in the shuttle, prepare your ACE piloting skill, follow the Stardust and fire up the Spirit of survival, don't forget to be prepared for the Deep Impact towards Gaia in case of parachute failure. Uncover the Genesis of our universe, solve the mysteries plotted on the sky like a Rosetta stone and obtain deeper InSight of our knowledge about space. May Apollo guides our flight path through Euclid space, and don't get too close to the sun or you'll end up like IKAROS."

You're a space nerd if you know the mission details of all those highlighted words ;)

I actually know quite a lot of them!(the yellow ones)

On 4/21/2019 at 10:20 PM, Kernel Kraken said:

Shoot for the moon, if you miss, you will die among the exsitential void of space, with no one to disturb you. You may be the first to visit another star system, or crash into a planet. If you miss those you're still in space. Win win.

That's the best quote ever.

On 2/15/2017 at 8:14 PM, Spacetraindriver said:

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back those lemons! Demand to talk to life's manager! Get mad! I don't need your damn lemons what am I gonna do with these?!? In gonna hire my engineers to make a combustible lemon and burn life's house down because do you know who I am? I'm gonna burn your house down. With a lemon."

-Cave Johnson 

When life gives you lemons, sell some of your grandma's jewelry and go clubbing.

-Jean-Ralphio Saperstein (Parks and Rec)

• 1 month later...

Advice to the indecisive:

"No matter what choice you make in life you will have regrets and make mistakes. Everyone does that, so do not fear, go out and try. Since even if you do not... you will still have regrets and make mistakes. May as well work toward a goal while you're at it, as it may payoff later."

-Anonymous

Edited by Spacescifi

• 4 weeks later...

"Well that's just your opinion man."- The Dude

"I swear when NASA decided on launching apes into space they should of contacted Peter Gabriel because they were going to shock the monkey."- Jeb1969 

"What are we going to do with them Mr. Flibble ....we can't possibly do that! Who'd clear up the mess?"- Arnold Rimmer

"I'm gonna eat you little fishy"- Cat (Red Dwarf)

Edited by Jeb1969

I have two quotes..

“Contact light.”

– Buzz Aldrin
The actual first words spoken from the surface of the Moon,
when Apollo 11 landed, July 20, 1969.

“Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.” 
 Wernher von Braun

I had a third from what JFK said in Houston, Texas, on September 12, 1962, but really... who does not know that one.