Best Quotes Ever

KAL 9000

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning" - Lt-Col. Kilgore, Apocalypse Now

Updated for 2020: "I love the smell of Lysol in the morning" - anonymous Covid-19 care aid

Normally a throwaway line, but the similarity between napalm and hand sanitiser (carbon based flammable with an appropriate gelling agent) makes this lolworthy ;)

• 1 month later...

"That's right. I don't create swords. I create a world that contains infinite swords. This is the only magic allowed for me."

-Archer, Fate/stay night

Spoiler warning:

Spoiler

It's actually the main character who says that but him and Archer are alternate versions of the same person, so it's true - from a certain point of view.

Edited by Bill Phil

• 1 month later...

"I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh. I have been called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the world goes dim and cold. I am hero."

-Marathon 2: Durandal

What I love about this is that it could be referring to the main character. What's interesting about that is that Roland was the wielder of the sword Durandal. But in the game the AI Durandal is the "wielder" of the main character, who could be an incarnation of "Roland". It's kind of poetic in that way.