Welcome to the Jolly Roger Aerospace Rally X!

It's time to race! Build a rover and see how fast you can get through my track.

I have made up a package with everything you need. Even a rover I designed. 

Download the zipfile from the link below.

DOWNLOAD

Included in this pack:

- Persistent File - start a new game, name it "JRA Rally X" and replace it's persistent file with the one provided.

- Take Command Mod - Lets you load Kerbals into command seats from the SPH/VAB.

- Vessel Mover Mod -  Lets you move craft wherever you want. 

- Module Manager - Makes the mods work

- Hornet Rally X - The rover I used to test the track, capable of sub-2minute runs. Drop into "JRA Rally X" save file, SPH

- Run through video - A Cockpit view drive through the track

- Route Map - so you don't get lost

Rally X Rules:

1) Rover must be stock.
2) No flying, jumps are ok.
3) Start with F3 screen up to show starting time.
4) Hit F3 when crossing the FINISH Line to show end time.
5) Must have a Kerbal on board. Take Command lets you assign Kerbals to command seats in the SPH/VAB
6) Put camera in chase mode or cockpit view. (Cockpit view with F2 is best)
7) Stay between the flags.
8) If you hit a flag or miss a set of flags, you are disqualified, Start Over.
9) No RCS Ports, You may use RCS tanks for weight balance.   

The only engines allowed are 2 - "24-77 Twitch LF Engines" for boosters. You are allowed 1 - "FL-100 LFO Tank" and 2 - "Oscar-B LFO Tanks". The "FL-100" to power the boosters and the "Oscar-B's" to power the Fuel cells. This makes it so you should have boost when you need it but you can't boost all the way through the track.

Good Luck!!!

aptKiAg.png

dF8NCpu.png

Attention mod makers: I would love to remake this track with something like Jersey Barriers. 

Edited by greydragon70

Please take this as constructive criticism ....

So the title of the challenge interested me enough to click on it but the weird font with the odd sizing and multicolor totally stopped me dead in my tracks

It hurt my eyes to look at your font scheme so I didn't even read the challenge ... I figured I'd at least try to give you some feedback

Perhaps sticking to a normal font without the size and color scheme would be beneficial as I am sure there are others here who will pass this challenge by for the same reasons as I

2 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Please take this as constructive criticism ....

So the title of the challenge interested me enough to click on it but the weird font with the odd sizing and multicolor totally stopped me dead in my tracks

It hurt my eyes to look at your font scheme so I didn't even read the challenge ... I figured I'd at least try to give you some feedback

Perhaps sticking to a normal font without the size and color scheme would be beneficial as I am sure there are others here who will pass this challenge by for the same reasons as I

Thank you. I'm still editing this at the moment. I'll make some changes.

When I first saw this (VIA Email (Thanks Doc)) I was super interested. I'm in the mood for REVENGE after the Dakar. (Yup, I'm still on that hype train and I ain't getting off any time soon.) But he's right. The font's not the best...... at all...... and the descriptiveness of the challenge is plain confusing. Sorry :/

(Out of curiosity, is there a download link for that car in your sig?)

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

When I first saw this (VIA Email (Thanks Doc)) I was super interested. I'm in the mood for REVENGE after the Dakar. (Yup, I'm still on that hype train and I ain't getting off any time soon.) But he's right. The font's not the best...... at all...... and the descriptiveness of the challenge is plain confusing. Sorry :/

(Out of curiosity, is there a download link for that car in your sig?)

Well, I'm not sure how to make it simpler. You download the pack, start a new game, swap the persistent file, make a rover or use mine, and race.

The font is basic Arial. What's wrong with that? The only colored font is the title and the download link. This really isn't much different from most other posts I've seen here. If you are talking about the video, well that's just part of my style. My subscribers have never complained.

The car in my signature is the "Douchenburg" and is available along with many others at https://kerbalx.com/JollyRogerAerospace

Edited by greydragon70

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.